Tourism from Dec 28-Jan 5 to generate Bt82 billion in revenue: Kasikorn Research Centre

snoop1130

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

Tourism in Thailand would be much improved if TAT started looking after tourists rather than spending all their time predicting how much money they are going to get.

"Both Thai and foreign tourists travelling in Thailand from December 28 to January 5 are expected to generate revenue of Bt82.2 billion, up 1.3 per cent year on year, Kasikorn Research Centre said."

You can see you have read the article. Where does it say TAT?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

up 1.3 per cent year on year

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the growth this year is lower than the 7.4 per cent in 2018.

So the good news is that the bad news isn't so bad?

Now there are only two main economic sectors contributing to GDP growth it seems: tourism (17%) and government spending.

Sustained increases in tourism is proving to be high risk. Government spending is at moderate risk due to unsustainable continued military foreign procurement, foreign loans & investment in long-term projects, high currency value and short-term consumer "gifts" while its economic policies actually encourage more household debt.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Do you know the definition of a 'cynic'? 

It’s an 'optimist with experience ' - and readers here have a LOT of experience.

As a long time TV reader I have found an 'Abundance' of interesting info on the forum......

I/WE can make our own choices what to read and what to reply to.... I 'LOVE' ThaiVisa.com and commend them on the diversity of their coverage.... NOBODY makes me/you read something that we don't like.... BUT... It is presented to US ALL, and we can decide 'on our own'.......

DON'T try to mess TV up for just your own satisfaction... Ignore what you don't like or offer your own personal thoughts.... IT IS HERE FOR EVERYBODY..........

7 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

They know all this because last week  TAT got the TV fortune teller in... To tell them the numbers amd how much coin to expect. 

This place is like lego land 

You have the BEST explanation of all.... I remember a story about a 'Fortune Teller'(last week)... And Thais live their life by these people...... 555555..... FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS..... (Until you awaken --- quite startled/shocked.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

"Both Thai and foreign tourists travelling in Thailand from December 28 to January 5 are expected to generate revenue of Bt82.2 billion, up 1.3 per cent year on year, Kasikorn Research Centre said."

You can see you have read the article. Where does it say TAT?

?????????????

What have they been smoking??!!! Ha! Ha!  Pipe dreams as if they have waved their magic wand & all we be well. Perhaps they too have a "tarot card reader" on their staff. You just can't make these sort of predictions without being skeptical of the outcome Unreal is all I can think of  ............ Merry Xmas & New Year everyone.

When reading this article I cannot understand the previous ones that states tourism is down-down-down, the predicted revenue increase is about double as high as the inflation so there is an increase.

It seems like the tourists are changing, we have for example again-and-again read about Pattaya becoming a family destination, so it must be good news if Walking Street is fairly empty, showing that the predicted change has been manifested

...????

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Yes all the comments are spot on; how you determine people you dont know and how much they will spend is only for crystal ball readers. I cant even predict how much I will spend next week?

I can because I'm broke until my next pension payment arrives.

Spare a tenner for a cup of tea guv' ?????

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourism from Dec 28-Jan 5 to generate Bt82 billion in revenue: Kasikorn Research Centre

It seems to me that the Kasikorn statisticians have been educated by TAT, the same nonsensical ones, wait until you have the money before counting it and ... spending it!

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Do you know the definition of a 'cynic'? 

It’s an 'optimist with experience ' - and readers here have a LOT of experience.

Cynic - a person who believes that people are only interested in themselves and are not sincere.

Optimist - someone who always believes that good things will happen.

Experience - (the process of getting) knowledge or skill from doing, seeing, or feeling things:

Summary; TV = (C || O || E) 

Many TV contributors are a mixture of the above which makes the forum informative, successful and diversified. 

PS. It's never boring..................

Thais don't understand foreigners at all. Generally not. How can they assume they can predict foreigners who did not even arrive? But I am sure, end of January they will have great results, an increase of one trillion percent. Good Luck!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

“Amazing Thailand” Somehow they always manage to pluck some fictitious figure out of the sky ????????????

Nonono...the "sky" is, where the sun is shining!

Their numbers come from a place without sunshine!

7 hours ago, legend49 said:

Yes all the comments are spot on; how you determine people you dont know and how much they will spend is only for crystal ball readers. I cant even predict how much I will spend next week?

I can predict how much I WON"T spend - 82 Billion baht!