British man killed by ‘faulty’ firework in Pattaya

webfact

British man killed by ‘faulty’ firework in Pattaya

Brit.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

A British man has been killed in an accident while trying to set off a firework in Pattaya.

Police said the 51 year old man was trying to light the firework when it exploded in his face.

The incident took place at 12.30am on Soi 13/2 close to the Miami GoGo.

Witnesses said the man had tried to light the firework at least two times, it then exploded next to him as he tried to light it a third time. 

p2.jpg

Picture: Siamchon News

Due to the severity of his injuries and despite the best efforts of rescue workers, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said they suspect the firework, the sale of which is illegal in Thailand, was faulty and this was the reason it did not go off as intended,

An autopsy is due to be carried out to determine the man’s official cause of death.

The British Embassy has been informed. 

Source: Siamchon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-01
  • Sad 7

35 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Tragic, and avoidable.

I am sure no effort will be made to track down the illegal seller.

R.I.P.

Yeah right... a nationwide hunt for the illegal seller, billboards and APB, many foreigners over the years has met their untimely demise due to to this or that mishaps and accidents and this case is no different...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

why do so many think this problem is only a Thailand problem Here is a USA number you can chew on...In 2017 there were 12,900 people ended up in hospital emergency rooms with injuries from fireworks. repeat...12,900. Many also died. I am sure the rest of the world had similar numbers. I am also sure they did not try to find the sellers.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

fireworks are illegal? Whod have known! Local shops where i am were selling all night. 

I used leftover 2yr old fireworks last night and was a little hesitant but thankfully i didnt blow myself apart.

but thankfully i didnt blow myself apart ==> That could be debated.