Thai culture that are different from western culture

EricTh

17 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i think being disrespectful to religion/religious places is pretty applicable to almost every culture

Really? Then what are all these guys wearing?

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Really? Then what are all these guys wearing?

You better tell them to not climb the stairs to big buddha on the mountain...it's not impressive at all and very hot.

But if there's nothing else to do around (like in Phuket) this is your best day trip....or going on a dangerous boat to the islands.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't think you are smarter than all those uneducated people, including that lovely lady which you met.

You might be smarter in mathematics and know more about the world. But that does not mean you have everything under control and you know what will happen. You don't!

So...how many people can call you daddy now?

1 hour ago, tropo said:

4. Do you raise your voice at Immigration and other government officials in your home country? I don't.

But some do.

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't think you are smarter than all those uneducated people, including that lovely lady which you met.

You might be smarter in mathematics and know more about the world. But that does not mean you have everything under control and you know what will happen. You don't!

No need to worry about me. I have everything under control.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Then they come here to complain they werent let in or had to sit in the bad boy room for two days. Waaah. They were mean to me so I told them off. OK, heres your bed foreigner (points to a spot on the floor)

Some westerners might lose their cool when they encounter strict immigration officials. Please click on the link below for an incident.

Edited by EricTh

15 hours ago, tropo said:

3. I would have thought writing graffiti on public property is a crime in all Western countries.

4. Do you raise your voice at Immigration and other government officials in your home country? I don't.

Do you have to go to Immigration in your own country?  i don't!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

4. Thailand is not the land of 'smiles' as painted in western media. The immigration and government can be quite strict and rude. Don't raise your voice with them like you do in western countries.

I totally agree!
6. don't try to explain something to a low-educated Thai, first, he doesn't listen to you and finally makes you understand that he already knows everything!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Many Westerners don't understand when an Asian does not tell them the truth, they do not regard it as lying. They are telling the person what they think they want to hear. If one was brought up in a culture that used to behead people who brought bad news, the behavior would become more understandable.

I agree with the dumpster diver. If I don't make waves, my boat won't get swamped. Has worked for me for the past ten years here.

• Like 1