The Pictures required for Extension of stay based on marriage

I have searched TV on every marriage visa info page I can find, (not a friendly site for a search) scrolling back many pages, and cannot find the answer to this simple question...

For the pictures required for extension based on marriage, can they be printed on standard printer paper or must they be done on photo paper? 

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They can be printed on plain paper.

Sorry to disagree but i recently did my extension at the new Kalasin office.  They are asking for pictures on glossy paper "from a photo shop".  Previously Kalasin residents had to use the Sakon Nakhon office who accepted computer print outs.  Luckily a friend did his extension a week previous to mine so I got the heads up before I went.

Another change is that the applications are now sent to Khon Kaen office for checking wheres previously it was Korat.  They are also asking for updates on the marriage register from your amphur or changwat.  My friend was also met at the counter by a very aggressive officer who told him the applications had to be in 30 to 45 days before expiry or else face a fine of 500 baht per day if less than 30 days???  Fortunately this officer stormed off and nothing further came of it.

Kalasin office I found to be quite friendly but very picky however they also made a lot of mistakes such as demanding the marriage update when it was in the application papers all the time.  They also rang us an hour after we left saying we had to come back because they had forgotten the interview ie mothers/fathers name, place of birth etc.  They were however sorry as their mistake and said we could do it over the phone but luckily we were still nearby having lunch.

Another change is that they only require 1 copy of everything and not 2 as previous at Sakhon Nakhon.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JingerBen said:

In Chiang Mai a few months ago it was:

1. Group photo including children if you and your wife have any.

2. Photo of you and your wife outside of house that includes your house number sign.

3. Photo of you and your wife inside your house.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

2 month ago I had foto nr 2 and 3 and was send back home for a 3 th picture in the bedroom with the two off us.Here in Chiang Mai.

• Sad 1

On 1/6/2020 at 6:56 AM, ubonjoe said:

They can be printed on plain paper.

Officer dependant..

Phuket refused this the year after they accepted it this way, made me go out find a photo print shop, print the same damn pictures then pritt stik them to a page. But then Phuket would be obstinate for sport back then. 

I have also encountered huge variation in what they want pictured, from a basic husband and wife and front of house to internal images, marriage shots, all kinds of difference. 

Edited by LivinLOS

9 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Officer dependant..

Phuket refused this the year after they accepted it this way, made me go out find a photo print shop, print the same damn pictures then print stik them to a page. But then Phuket would be obstinate for sport back then. 

I have also encountered huge variation in what they want pictured, from a basic husband and wife and front of house to internal images, marriage shots, all kinds of difference. 

I've done both, but got a strong impression that printed on plain paper was not very good. So this year will do them on photo paper at small shop 3mins down the road.

Probably costs less than the ink(s) used in my printer.

Crazy thing is the IOs on the home visit take most of the photos again with their phone. At least 6 !( I only submit 4 with the application as mentioned above)

On 1/6/2020 at 2:22 PM, JingerBen said:

In Chiang Mai a few months ago it was:

1. Group photo including children if you and your wife have any.

2. Photo of you and your wife outside of house that includes your house number sign.

3. Photo of you and your wife inside your house.

Hope that helps.  Good luck.

Some IOs, apart from the type of paper used, are VERY specific about just what content they want in the photos, what they want them showing, who's in them, etc etc.... And of course, it's not necessarily the same from IO to IO.

• Thanks 1

Two weeks ago at the HuaHin office they wanted colour photos on plain paper (2 on each A4 sheet).

1. Outside house showing number.

2. Outside front door.

3. Inside sitting on the bed.

4. Inside next to open wardrobe.

They also took a photo of us both at the immigration office.

The officer then visited the house on the same day and asked a neighbour to take the same group of photos in 1 to 4 above with him in each photo as well.

The officer was extremely helpful and explained that as the documents have to be sent to Bangkok for consideration, he wanted to be sure everything required was in order.

All will be revealed on 17th January.

• Thanks 2

Go for color photos done at shop cheap.

One photo must have you and spouse in front of house with house number, showing all of you and house.

One or two in the house, eg, kitchen, lounge.

One photo in bedroom. sorry, no sex.

That was requirement from Muk office.

11 hours ago, dvg said:

2 month ago I had foto nr 2 and 3 and was send back home for a 3 th picture in the bedroom with the two off us.Here in Chiang Mai.

Strangely enough at jomthiem i have never been asked (five times) for bedroom photos, but as already stated big variations at different IOs so best for the opener to make sure what exactly is required at the office he intends on using! 

12 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Strangely enough at jomthiem i have never been asked (five times) for bedroom photos, but as already stated big variations at different IOs so best for the opener to make sure what exactly is required at the office he intends on using! 

this was the 10 th time for the mariage extension and the last 3 years they needed everytime something extra,photo and then copy off all the bankbook pages,update bankbook from the SAME day,I had the letter from day before and yes I was send back to the bank.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dvg said:

this was the 10 th time for the mariage extension and the last 3 years they needed everytime something extra,photo and then copy off all the bankbook pages,update bankbook from the SAME day,I had the letter from day before and yes I was send back to the bank.

Oh i thought at Jomtien you could do it day before ,was just off to do mine ,for my first marriage extension ,so do they want it on same day ,i used to always do it day before for retirement ,also anything else "special"i will need at Jomtien tomorrow ?

when we are renewing an existing marriage visa does the IO visit your house again?

I got one in Sept 2019, so in sept 2020 will IO visit my house? or only me at their office.

the reason I'm asking is I'll be 50 next June, so i'm considering get the retirement Visa, as I've been told its a whole lot easier to renew every 12 months 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:47 PM, maxcorrigan said:

Pathum Thani IO, no bedroom or wardrobe pics. Just together inside house (lounge/dining) outdoors  and 1 with house number.

1 hour ago, bolt said:

when we are renewing an existing marriage visa does the IO visit your house again?

I got one in Sept 2019, so in sept 2020 will IO visit my house? or only me at their office.

the reason I'm asking is I'll be 50 next June, so i'm considering get the retirement Visa, as I've been told its a whole lot easier to renew every 12 months 

Pathum thani immigration officers visit our house EVERY, renewal. No big deal but have to arrange 2 or 3 neighbours to attend each time with their house books and IDs. This can be most inconvenient.