Not fair! Public ripped off by big business in plastic bag ban - prices should be lowered

webfact

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

And how can the garbage truck get our trash if i don't buy bin bags first? Until now i used the bags from the shops.

I guess that you will have to buy bin bags like many of us do or go without. Whichever way the problem is yours.

• Like 1

So, Khun Srisuwan Janya has to get his photo in the news again....does n't he have anything else to do ?

Srisuwan suggested that the consumer should expect lower prices for having to provide items to carry their shopping themselves. 

Lets see, the bags cost less than 50 satang each for a small order on lazada, so the big retailers possibly pay 10-20 satang when buying millions.

Lets say each 20 satang bag holds 5 items, that makes 4 satang per item in the bag. what's an average sized shop ...20 items ? So the total bill should be reduced by 80 satang !! Oh wow, what a difference that would make !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

People will buy less products and plastic bags will be back. yet another campaign set to fail. give it a few months

This believe this might be true. As I carry all my shopping by motorcycle I have already cut back on the amount I buy from any particular shop. Yes, I bring my own bags, but the cloth bags are not so easy to carry a shopping cart full of groceries. At the moment, while I still have stock, I bring old plastic bags.

The winners are the shop tellers. They don't do so much packing now.

7Eleven had plain (blank) placti bags on offer this last week. Foodland offered them for 1 baht each. I said, no problem, but the charge did not appear on my receipt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tropo said:

This believe this might be true. As I carry all my shopping by motorcycle I have already cut back on the amount I buy from any particular shop. Yes, I bring my own bags, but the cloth bags are not so easy to carry a shopping cart full of groceries. At the moment, while I still have stock, I bring old plastic bags.

7Eleven had plain (blank) placti bags on offer this last week. Foodland offered them for 1 baht each. I said, no problem, but the charge did not appear on my receipt.

I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere, but I cannot find it ....the cloth bags are usually bigger and stronger than the plastic ones, so you don't need quite as many. Therefore it should be easier to carry them on your motorbike, I certainly don't have a problem on my scooter with my green bags.

And I've never had a problem with the checkout staff not packing my stuff either, even long before this ban came in. I put my basket or shopping on the counter, put my bags on top, the checkout staff take the bag and fill it. No problem at 7/11, tesco, or Big C,  either now or couple of years ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

And how can the garbage truck get our trash if i don't buy binbags first? Untill now i used the bags from the shops.

And where  do you put the  bags? In a bin? Every bag our local rubbish collectors pick up get ripped open on the way into the back of the truck. Now I just put non recycleables straight into the bin from a bucket.

53 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere, but I cannot find it ....the cloth bags are usually bigger and stronger than the plastic ones, so you don't need quite as many. Therefore it should be easier to carry them on your motorbike, I certainly don't have a problem on my scooter with my green bags.

And I've never had a problem with the checkout staff not packing my stuff either, even long before this ban came in. I put my basket or shopping on the counter, put my bags on top, the checkout staff take the bag and fill it. No problem at 7/11, tesco, or Big C,  either now or couple of years ago.

It would probably depend on the motorcycle in question and the size of the hooks. For me, the old plastic bags are way easier as you can hang a lot more on one small hook, and big cloth bags hand too low off the sides.

There's no problem with packing, just that if you observe the checkouts now, you'll see most people packing their own items into their boxes and bags. They most definitely have less work to do. I don't see why you're comparing the situation now with with before the plastic ban came in.... where is the logic in that. Previously the staff did 100% of the packing.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I've been using my own bags for a couple of years now.  I've never had a problem with packing.  The cashier always packs it for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Next time your coughing or feeling a little ill because the plastic ended up in that fish you ate, you might realise then what a lot of the fuss is about, still don't care, oh ok then.

I have more probability to die from an alien invasion than get sick from a fish polluted with plastic from a 7/11 bag. So, it would be more rational to stop using our TV and phone because its waves emission may uncover our presence on the Earth to aliens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1