Looking for a good Air filter for the house

samuttodd

3 hours ago, samuttodd said:

Man you ain't kidding...  I haven't been able to find any box fan larger than a 9 incher with a flat face and flat back.

I ran into the exact same issue when I tried a year  or two back in looking at trying to do a DIY box just as an experiment. Found a flat front and back round one of about 8-9 inches. But the fan speed/power just wasn't enough to accomplish much.

In the U.S., it's a common size/type fan that can be found all over the place. Here, not so.

I've seen more powerful fan units in some of the Thai hardware outlets with larger dimensions and blade and fan speeds, but those tended to have round and rounded fronts, be mounted on floor stands and cost almost as much as a basic small room purifier.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The product you've linked to is not a HEPA class filter, and from reading its info, likely would not do much to deal with PM2.5 pollution. It would, however. deal with odors if that was someone's objective.

The kind of material they're using is typically the kind of material that HEPA air purifiers use for a separate PRE-filter, to catch the larger particles before they get to (and begin to clog up) the HEPA filter.

That's why I said you can put a 3m filterete around the activated carbon filter. Activated carbon filter already do a great job at removing smoke: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/does-carbon-really-work/

On top of that the duct fan move way more air than a box fan or an AC. It's not an ideal solution but it's a cheap DIY solution.