Nabbed: Thai gang caught helping Malaysian get Thai ID at Big C

webfact

Nabbed: Thai gang caught helping Malaysian get Thai ID at Big C

7pm.jpg

Thai immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang and Chaiyaphum immigration officers announced the arrest of two Thais and a Malaysian in a Thai ID fraud. 

Civil servants at a service center in Big C Chaiyaphum had alerted the authorities after suspicious behavior. 

Local police and immigration investigated and waited until Wiphat, 65, and Nippon, 63, arrived with a Malaysian man called Mr Hiew who they claimed was actually Suchart from Chiang Rai. 

They have all been charged with presenting false documentation in pursuance of gaining Thai ID.

Phones and a pick-up were taken into evidence, reported Naew Na. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-16
  • Haha 1

what really bothers me, all this showboating on display by Immigration fighting corruption - patting themselves on the back for a job well done when hundreds of foreigners are using agents and "allegedly" paying bribes to bypass financial requirements for 12 month extensions - are these agents and their IO contacts above the law

Maybe time they started showboating in their own offices

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

How do you get a Thai ID at Big C???? I thought that was something done at the Anphur or in bigger cities The People Registration Office.

Imperial World Lat Prao (aka Big C since they take up most of the ground floor) has an Immigration center for Lao, Cambodian, and Myanmaran workers on the fifth floor. I know about it because I used to go there for 90 day reporting until they discontinued the service because it had become too crowded with their primary LCM customers. Anyway, it's possible this Big C also accommodates a secondary government service location. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lodestone said:

Imperial World Lat Prao (aka Big C since they take up most of the ground floor) has an Immigration center for Lao, Cambodian, and Myanmaran workers on the fifth floor. I know about it because I used to go there for 90 day reporting until they discontinued the service because it had become too crowded with their primary LCM customers. Anyway, it's possible this Big C also accommodates a secondary government service location. 

No doubt they can have a service center for foreign workers. Doubt they will open an Amphur in Big C, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

How do you get a Thai ID at Big C????

At BigC Khon Kaen e.g. :biggrin:

Of course the headline is misleading.

District office (citizen registrar) has a small office (booth) there.

I passed by there in the morning a couple of times and be puzzled how easy it is for Thais to get a new ID.

And this is surely not the only "offshore" office in shopping centers etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lodestone said:

During the troubles in 2010, Imperial World, Lad Phrow became the main Immigration Center for about a year.  What a total mess it was, no queue system, minimal signage, lines without end.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

At BigC Khon Kaen e.g. :biggrin:

Of course the headline is misleading.

District office (citizen registrar) has a small office (booth) there.

I passed by there in the morning a couple of times and be puzzled how easy it is for Thais to get a new ID.

And this is surely not the only "offshore" office in shopping centers etc.

Okey! I am amazed! Never thought that they would be able to do that. Actually a quite good service. Just never seen it, but not really looked for it either. ????