Health officials warn of possible coronavirus outbreaks in Thailand’s most popular tourists destinations

webfact

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

No surprise. Their labs got swamped by mere 100 people undergoing diagnosis. It's obvious there are hundreds if not thousands walking around with the virus already. Full on denial and face saving going on at the expense of people's lives. 

Sounds completely par for the course, did anyone expect any different?

1 hour ago, sucit said:

Agreed!

Now if only we could get citizens to elect leaders who don't put death before profits. 

Doesn't matter if they do, this lot would just fiddle the figures, again (allegedly)...

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

weeks ago eight people were arrested in China for spreading misinformation about a new virus.

Who where they? The original eight doctors who discovered the virus.

Then China stonewalled for weeks while the virus spread all over the world.

Wuhan not who where????

Well, I never, astounding stuff.

If millions of tourists from Wuhan and China have passed through these locations in the last two weeks it's pretty much odds on that some infections will occur. 

Talk about a statement of the <deleted> obvious!

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

The health office in Chiang Mai said on Monday (January 27) that the Public Health Ministry had instructed provincial health offices to stop reporting the numbers of suspected and confirmed coronavirus cases and wait for the official announcement from the ministry after China announced a ban of all flight to the province after February 7. 

Thailands way of controlling things takes on a whole new perspective from most civilised countries.

5 hours ago, transam said:

Thought the head honcho said LOS was 100% safe...????

99% correct! The last line of the article says:-

"Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport on Wednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of the situation”.

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381142

The health office in Chiang Mai said on Monday (January 27) that the Public Health Ministry had instructed provincial health offices to stop reporting the numbers of suspected and confirmed coronavirus cases and wait for the official announcement from the ministry after China announced a ban of all flight to the province after February 7. 

It is so daft that it is unbelievable! But of course it is the best way to hide an outbreak and ensure tourist money is still coming in.

"he best way to hide an outbreak and ensure tourist money is still coming in."

are tourist from China still being "targeted"?

1 hour ago, smedly said:

they have already been told screening doesn't work which is why the WHO have an emergency meeting today

People infected and spreading this virus are showing no symptoms which makes it extremely difficult to deal with - why has China locked down millions of people and huge areas of the country - they seem to be getting it

No, they've GOT it! The only way to stop more people GETTING it is to immediately stop all flights to and from China (as per British Airways have already done) and temporarily stop all visitors from China until the crisis is over. However, that ain't gonna happen in Thailand now, is it, as long as TAT have any say at all in the matter???!!!  

Edited by sambum

Face masks won't do squat. It's just something officials can pretend is a good public service posture, something to calm the people and avert panic. Like just saying "don't panic". Even if the titanic is sinking, don't panic. These viruses are spread by peoples hands and the surfaces they touch. A mask cannot filter anything as small as a virus. So the washing of hands is the only effective advice

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

So in other words it is not "100% under control" !  :unsure:

It is when something is claimed to be 100% sure you have a real reason to be concerned ... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

No mention of Pattaya? 

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who inspected screening procedures at Suvarnabhumi airport onWednesday said Thailand was “100 precent in control of thesituation”.

If you werent worried before ..........

There is no mention of Pattaya, because there will be no infections from Corona Virus in the City.

Its probably the one place the Authorities want to be Virus free in order to attract Local Tourists from within their own Borders

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There is no mention of Pattaya, because there will be no infections from Corona Virus in the City.

Its probably the one place the Authorities want to be Virus free in order to attract Local Tourists from within their own Borders

In Pattaya it exist other viruses to be concerned about ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd
  • Haha 1

Well, it seems like Tanarak is a real genius. He has scientifically come to the conclusion that tourist spots, where lots of people and massive numbers of Chinese people spend alot of time, are vulnerable. 

The reason why we are all safe, is that we can always count on this administration to hire the best and the brightest. Real saviors of the nation. 

yes...stay calm and ignore it....perhaps the PM should speak to Disney - closed ShangHai and Hong Kong, Starbucks who have closed half of their 4300 chinese branches, Uniqio, H&M, IKEA, McDonalds, Toyota, Hyundi and then there are those that are also repatriating all their workers - PSA (Vauxhall, Peugeot, Citreon), Nissan, Toyota, Hyundi - There may just be some government cover ups going on around this virus as profit making industries normally put their profits first....

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

And still I see Thai people wash hands with water No Damn Soap ir leave toilet and. I wash anything  

Then they all dive hands first into the somtam bowl and they wonder why I refuse their food. Saving grace is that no Chinese come to our very poor village in the middle of knowhere, not even sure we show up on the map. So I stay in my self imposed quaranteen and not visit my favorite Chiang Mai until it is all over.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

No, but when I first aired my suspicions days ago, I got the usual Thai Basher of The Day award. Bashers are right about 99% of time.

Honored be those who think bad about it ... ( honi soit qui mal y pense )

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Was under control yesterday.....so what went wrong?  Words from an old Leo Sayer song just came into my head. Forgive me if I misquote "Clowns to the right of us clowns to the left, stuck in the middle with you. " 

Perhaps it could be reworded "Clowns to the left of us jokers to the right, stuck in the middle with Choo"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has warned of possible outbreaks of coronavirus in locations popular with Chinese tourists, such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Krabi.

Thank god not in Pattaya!!!

Edited by snowgard