Video: Twelve year old thrown off motorcycle as woman does unexpected U-turn

webfact

both at fault. the woman's lack of awareness and/or care was pretty obvious. however, the car starting to turn and moving into the middle of the road was in full view of the rider. as usual, instead of slowing down the kid sped up and didn't even try to swerve away (the other lane seemed clear).

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

The woman is an idiot who simply shouldn't be driving if that 

I have seen this quite often in Thailand while driving.

Whenever I drive straight, cars would suddenly come out of a soi and then drive in front of me instead of letting me pass first.

That's why I never drive fast, I would brake immediately in this type of situation. If I had driven fast, I would have hit them in most cases. They are absolute 'ixxxx'.

Thailand needs to educate their drivers before giving them driving licence.

Those cars on the straight path always have the right of way first.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Agreed the driver of the car is at fault, however, everyone knows what question is next........What is a 12 year old doing riding a motorbike on the road in the first place.

Agreed, and as the 12 year old should not be on the road, the fault automatically lies with him.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

The woman is an idiot who simply shouldn't be driving if that is how much attention she pays to what is going on around her. It also shows perfectly though the reason why kids should not be riding motorbikes. They simply do not have the understanding and awareness of the craziness that occurs out there and are not prepared to react quickly enough to avoid such danger.

...i keep checking myself from roaring with laughter..sorry the young lad was injured...why did she run into the tree..unbelievable driving skills.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

rear vision mirror is for looking at face to squeeze pimples. No one explained to her when she bought the car what car indicator lever was for.  I am serious when we bought the Toyota Rocco I had to get the salesman to explain how the switch for 2 wheel, 4 wheel drive works, no one can explain to me how to change the information screen from Thai to English. they had no idea how cruise control works and so on. Oh yes the manual was in that world language, Thai.

The salesman is not a car salesman, he is a finance seller. Try buying a car for cash and see how far you get. They aren't interested. A friend of mine chose the one he wanted and was told it was available - until he said he would pay cash, and then suddenly it wasn't.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

What <deleted> ??? a 12 year old on a motorcycle !!! who’s to blame for that?

Wasn’t it announced recently that parents are responsible if their children are hurt when ‘under age riding’ 

(Paraphrased from Parents are Guilty of Murder if their underage children die when riding a motorcycle). 

And that driver? That is a perfect example of someone who should never be allowed anywhere near a car.

How many times do we see these stupid, idiotic, brainless manoeuvres by the absolutely brain dead who don’t even look first ????

Car 100% at fault, but again, <deleted> is a child doing riding a motorcycle? (ok, we know the answer, parents, society  and law enforcement don’t care).

Fatalism.  He was fated to have that accident, and survive.  What is your problem? (555)

Yearrr, she didn't see the Bike coming, and the Bike was going a bit fast, and was not aware of the Danger, as we all on bikes, Should be, like probably inexperience on both sides. ... Though the Car driver was Clearly totally in the wrong I think ? ... BUT very commendable that she was Out, and around to help the Poor Rider on the ground, and fast !!! ...

6 hours ago, sabian said:

You'll never change their mentality. My wife reversed out of the house today straight into my car parked along side the road. No apology just "You shouldn't park your car on the road" and drove off. Should be fun when she gets home......

Where did she go, Loei ?

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No rare mirrors or brain failure? Wait, i see the car has rare mirrors, so it has to be brain failure. Total surprise....

What are rare mirrors ?? Do they look for you and talk to you when someone is coming ??? I don't think so otherwise they would have told her the boy whas aproaching . 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Checking before you take an action is just not in Thai DNA. 

Even worse, our loudmouth crazy old 'auntie' says it's not necessary to check and it takes too much time.

She's caused several accidents because she refuses to check and has told cops 'I don't agree with having laws about anything, it's up to me, and if other people get injured it's just bad luck and their own fault for having bad karma'.

It sounds like someone needs to take the keys away from auntie or put her down before she kills someone. Especially if she thinks that way, hopefully Darwinism takes her out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

No rare mirrors or brain failure? Wait, i see the car has rare mirrors, so it has to be brain failure. Total surprise....

I've noticed that most Thai drivers rely on their mirrors when in fact, when making a manoevre like this car, then you need to physically look over your shoulder.

Edited by HHTel
addition
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Agreed the driver of the car is at fault, however, everyone knows what question is next........What is a 12 year old doing riding a motorbike on the road in the first place.

Yes indeed, but here in rural Khon Kaen Province, boys younger than 12 often drive around on motorcycles without wearing a crash helmet!!

• Like 2

You'll never change their mentality. My wife reversed out of the house today straight into my car parked along side the road. No apology just "You shouldn't park your car on the road" and drove off. Should be fun when she gets home......

My wife's granddaughter's future husband had a member of his family back into his truck put a big dent in it and broke a light refuses to pay for repairs

Yeah, a good whoop arsing!

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I have seen this quite often in Thailand while driving.

Whenever I drive straight, cars would suddenly come out of a soi and then drive in front of me instead of letting me pass first.

That's why I never drive fast, I would brake immediately in this type of situation. If I had driven fast, I would have hit them in most cases. They are absolute 'ixxxx'.

Thailand needs to educate their drivers before giving them driving licence.

Those cars on the straight path always have the right of way first.

As you said tit the fastest one has the right of way till they get killed