Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

25 minutes ago, happyaussie said:

What a horrible human being. And this is coming from a supposed educated Thai.

Reality is, Thais do not like us and consider themselves superior. They tolerate us simply for $$.

If they had their way they'ed ban farangs.

This is why, out of all Asian countries their English is worst, by far.

Thais honestly see no need to learn English. Try them on geography, simple stuff like where is USA, Canada, Germany etc.

Yes, there are exceptions. But after 15 years there aren't many.

Is this virus really the pandemic the media and governments want us to believe. Or a distraction in a relatively quiet news cycle. I read that deaths are no different to usual flu strains. And those contracting are recovering within days, just like a normal flu. The first reported deaths in China were people in their 80's or with preexisting bronchial infections. Media never told us that.

If you read what you say you did, then you read incorrect information. Media  never told you because media did not have reliable information.   There have only been 2 reports issued, the first which detailed  clinical features of patients infected with 2019-nCoV (published 24-Jan-2020, with 41 cases included) and the  second, the most comprehensive to date, published 30 jan-2020 in the Lancet; Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study.

Read it as it is an eyeopener.

Fact: The first reported deaths in China were NOT people in their 80's with pre-existing bronchial infections.  To date most fatalities involve people over the age of 60, however, this can be explained in part by the  manner in which the illness is spread and how it originally spread. Younger people will be employed  or occupied with their children, whereas older people in China are out socializing or doing the shopping in the public markets. Most of the deaths occurred in people with cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Diabetes weakens the immune system and makes those afflicted more  susceptible to contagious illness. Cardiovascular disease weakens the human body.   Considering the fact that over 2 million Thais have diabetes and cardiovascular disease in its various stages is a leading cause of illness in Thailand,  people should be concerned.

Fact: This disease causes secondary damage because it now necessitates hospital care for an excess of 50% of its infections and critical/intensive care for nearly 20% of it is infections. This is significantly higher than seasonal flu. Approximately 10% of seasonal flu infections may require hospitalization and an estimated less than 1% require ICU care. The takeaway is that while the overall direct fatality rate  may not be too much higher  than seasonal flu, it disrupts the delivery of critical care for other illnesses and will have a negative impact overall because resources (personnel, time  equipment) will have been taken away from ongoing critical needs. 

New respiratory illnesses will almost always present as a crisis in the first 6 months to a year because there is a learning curve. Time is needed for effective therapies and vaccines to be developed. This is why the   common sense approach is to create that time to stall the spread of infection through the use of travel restrictions and even quarantines. Some countries are reluctant to do that for social  reasons. There are also public health officials  who have their own bias who believe such measures will discourage compliance. The more active public officials are more likely to be close to the crisis zone and aware of public concerns.

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Now the Government has found an excuse to throw us out of the

country, maybe the next announcement from the Government will

be, phone the tip line,for Farangs not wearing masks,and a smart

car will be around to pick them up.

regards worgeordie

Don't give them ideas, you know what they're like...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Beggar said:

No this sadly is not satire. I myself use a 3M 95N mask when I go to the Central Shopping Mall here in Pattaya. I see very many Asian people using masks. But I don't see many Farangs using them. Now the question arises - are we using the masks sick or the others?

84497199_4021665701180600_6865071753081651200_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Is it any wonder? We have long postulated that Thai government ministers are dicks, now we have one live on video being an absolute dick. Dip your bread in.

How did you guess that ! i am eating my jok soup with boiled egg on a butty ! TRULY .

Thanks to this "man" I just cut my stay in Thailand from 3 weeks to 4 days and stay here in KL instead of the house in Thailand. Might even travel to Langkawi for my holidays. He should wear the mask and stop spreading the STH (Stupidy virus Thailand) around. 

Anyways, its good to hear the truth finally after suspecting this hatred towards foreigners (who bring them money) for many years. Now the money stops flowing. Let him deal with the Chinese and their viruses and zero baht tours (if they ever resume) instead.

I wonder if they will offer the mask on the border when I get there as I'm not going to buy one here..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Only a few posters are getting the fact that this outburst, is far more deep rooted than simply being about masks. Go and read some of the Thai Facebook groups and get an understanding of how westerners are seen by Thais. It really isn't a new thing and has always been there. The difference is that once it was suppressed, now due to social media, it's started to not be. These people talk about you, the exact same way you talk about them and the Chinese here and the exact same way you talk about immigrants in your own country. The minister has a lot of backing on these groups for what he said.
Your never going to be banned or kicked out unless your stupid enough to get yourself in trouble with overstay etc. No country wants to be seen on the world stage of banning an ethnic minority. What they will do is too make it far more difficult to be here for any longer than a short holiday.
Once you understand that your not particularly wanted here, and certainly not wanted on a long term basis, it becomes easier to accept what the Thais really think of you. 

So what you're saying is that Thais are no different to the rest of the world!

Going out today....35 degree heat...not wearing Face mask....and BTW every day on the MRT there are Thais without masks...hacking their lungs up (likely due to smoking, poor diet and Lao Khao) ..haven't seen any farangs sick yet.....arrest me and deport me....save me a lot of money in the long run

16 hours ago, Beggar said:

No this sadly is not satire. I myself use a 3M 95N mask when I go to the Central Shopping Mall here in Pattaya. I see very many Asian people using masks. But I don't see many Farangs using them. Now the question arises - are we using the masks sick or the others?

Why wear them when they're damn all good? Read the WHO report. By the way, yours are the only Thai apologist posts I've read today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

The wife and I have noticed we are the only people at the markets here in Nong Khai wearing face masks. Leading us to wonder, "who bought out all of the face masks in the stores here, and what are they doing with them?"

Shipping them to China to sell at hugely inflated prices of course...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

How did you guess that ! i am eating my jok soup with boiled egg on a butty ! TRULY .

How very Thai. I haven't made it that far yet, just finished my bacon and egg butty, made by the missus. Fried egg, Western style, or as the wife calls them "Kai dao farang". + ketchup, of course.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Are you sure you know who is ignorant and naive?

oh my god, this sounds to much like PRO VAXXERS des-information

You are vaccinated, your child is vaccinated, but my child is not and endangers your child (theory only, my child got them all, behind my back, maybe twice because of ignorant grandparents)

wait... I thought you were vaccinated ... so there is no protection ?

loooooooooooooool

• Sad 1

What a fool, does he not realise, or has he not read the WHO report and the summary effect of masks?

Instead of hating foreigners he should take more notice of what foreigners say and do after all without foreigners and their inventions Thailand would have nothing!