Denied Entry in Bangkok

2 minutes ago, buick said:

regarding the confusion on the year, it is somewhat common for people to write the wrong year down during the month of january.  they forget they are in the next year.  i've done it alot of the years.

He did it twice, yet got it correct in the ref number. I would still like someone to translate the stamp to tell us perhaps why the OP was denied entry.

13 minutes ago, lisa mei said:

don't be too arrogant.

He was not arrogant but you were ignorant.

When you seek help and know that your english skills are not 100% and you might misunderstand something then better not try to offend people who try to help.

If all you want to do is go on a small vacation for 2 or 3 days then maybe choosing a different location for your holiday if Thailand gives you problems might indeed be a sensible idea.

As for your next attempt to enter Thailand: I would try to be prepared for another round of questioning and have as much convincing information ready as possible. E.g. your travel plans, hotel bookings, at least 20k THB in cash on hand, return flight ticket.

You might have had 2-3 entries last year. That can trigger further checks. If those entries are so short and spaced out several months as you said then the IO should see you are indeed just a tourist. But not all of them give too much attention to the situation. And if you fall into certain demographics then they'll give you an even harder time.

• Like 2

Whether you have a visa or not, do not try to fly into Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, Phuket or Krabi.

With a tourist visa, you should be OK flying into some of the other airports. However, better is to enter at a friendly land crossing. Most convenient would be if you can fly to Vientiane and enter via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa mei said:

Free visa ? and what 175.63 means ? 17-05-2563 ? if i try to entry and get denied again makes me lost money and time.

176.63 is the record number. You were the 176th person denied entry in the year 2563 (2020).

No one can give you a definitive answer. Many people have successfully entered after being denied entry, but there is no guarantee you will.

I assume you're female (Lisa). Profiling comes into the decision too. If you are young, a female, and not from a western country they will be very suspicious that you are working, even if coming in for a few days.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

The denial stamp is an absolute mess. Besides the confusion over dates, it also refers to flight number Q2 256 (as far as I can see, a flight that does not enter Thailand). I cannot even figure out if the denial was at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

The denial stamp is an absolute mess. Besides the confusion over dates, it also refers to flight number Q2 256 (as far as I can see, a flight that does not enter Thailand). I cannot even figure out if the denial was at Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang.

It was Thai Airasia 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It states Thai Airasia was the carrier.

The flight number is QZ 252 not "Q2".

That flight is to DMK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Her name sounds like Hong Kong,

She has only been denied entry not Banned,

Translated, Bye her appearance she doesn't have means to support herself she didn't have any money thats why you where denied entry

She was denied because she docent fit a typical tourist profile. Nothing to do with money.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

He was not arrogant but you were ignorant.

When you seek help and know that your english skills are not 100% and you might misunderstand something then better not try to offend people who try to help.

you can say i am ignorant, but when he said go somewhere else. it's not solution but running away.
We grown up must face and solve problem we encounter. but i must thank him for the reply and sorry for my ignorant.

Edited by lisa mei
  • Confused 1

Is this some kind of quiz or guessing game?

1.   Question: You state denied entry at Bangkok. So then flew where after denied entry.
Answer: back home

2.   Question: Where are you now.
Answer: i am back to my country

3.   Post: Flying halfway round the world for a trip barely long enough to get over your jetlag is very odd
Reply: Just 2 hours and not too long in the airplane.

4.   Post: it also refers to flight number Q2 256
Reply1: It was Thai Airasia
Reply2: It states Thai Airasia was the carrier. The flight number is QZ 252 not "Q2". That flight is to DMK.

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Is this some kind of quiz or guessing game?

1.   Question: You state denied entry at Bangkok. So then flew where after denied entry.
Answer: back home

2.   Question: Where are you now.
Answer: i am back to my country

3.   Post: Flying halfway round the world for a trip barely long enough to get over your jetlag is very odd
Reply: Just 2 hours and not too long in the airplane.

4.   Post: it also refers to flight number Q2 256
Reply: It was Thai Airasia
Reply: It states Thai Airasia was the carrier. The flight number is QZ 252 not "Q2". That flight is to DMK.

not quiz, but lack of information i provide. Considerated it as my first post. Thanks

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Yes, QZ 256 from Jakarta CGK to Bangkok DMK (which,of course, does not necessarily reflect on the OP's nationality)

I believe her nationality (Indonesian) was identified from the picture of the passport.

• Thanks 1

Lisa, If you come to TH to visit the family, have their details with you and ask them to call for confirmation.

Youre, if Indo, also ASEAN and different rules apply for them as compared to the bulk of people here -orang putih dari USA/Evropa. Thai immi is notably very strict for them about seeing you have enough funds to sustain yourself, its old fashioned, but still best to have it in cash with you-preferably not in rupiah by the millions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lots of speculation here, in some cases completely unnecessary because the picture of the passport page alone already provides a lot of information. Accusing the OP of not being forthcoming is a bit over the top.

Indonesian passport, flight QZ256 from Jakarta to Bangkok, so we also know it's Don Mueang not Suvarnabhumi because of the airline.

Some questions of interest remain, obviously: What's the OP's age and total number of visits to Thailand in the last year and in this passport? The denial stamp is on page 45, which could (could!) indicate extensive history (Thai officers seem pretty diligent in using up passport pages in order).

• Like 2