How I Used Honey And Whisky To Cure Coronavirus –Briton Explains

NCC1701A

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I maybe wrong but remember something like antibiotics have litttle effect on viruses. 

It's reported that in China many patients who started recovering later died from bacterial infections due to a weakened immune system. 

47 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I maybe wrong but remember something like antibiotics have litttle effect on viruses. 

Basically, Antibiotics are for bacterial infections, Antivirals are for viruses. 

49 minutes ago, 473geo said:

The beneficial effect of the 'tot' enjoyed by seafarers for over a century

In my time in HM RN the grog "tot" was either neaters for non com or 2-1 mix for other ranks and was Rum and continued for over 300 years. Although I was not serving from the beginning

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I'm scared to death by this corona vius and want to be prepared. What whisky will save my life? Scotch? Bourbon. Maybe a single malt?

Love the stuff no messy mixing, just add ice and goodbye worrying about virus

39 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I'm scared to death by this corona vius and want to be prepared. What whisky will save my life? Scotch? Bourbon. Maybe a single malt?

download.jpeg

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Yeah, honey, whisky and Menthol cigarettes, works for me so far, and I've just come back from Pattaya; oh, and stay away from people wearing masks, they"re probably incubating the bl#*dy thing.

Excellent, I'll go with that,

Honey to preserve the body,

Whiskey to kill the germs,

and viruses possibly not too happy around smokers.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

It says something about the competence of the doctor attempting to treat the Briton in the OP.

Or the Brit's lack of understanding of what the recommended meds were. 

They are not using antibiotics for this. They are using antivirals.

Vast majority of people will recover without any treatment, of course. In fact WHO estimates more than 80% of infected people have no more than simple, self-limiting  cold symptoms.

The microbial content of the lungs is very complicated.  A viral infection can alter which resident microbes predominate.  Some of the microbes are anaerobic and don't show up in the routine culture tests that are run on the contents of phlegm from the lungs.    After having been sick with a viral lung infection for a month, my sister in Massachusetts insisted that her doctor prescribe a course of Azithromycin, a Quinolone which kills both gram positive and gram negative bacteria.  Now on her fourth day of the drug, she is very much improved.  It appears that the present diagnostic procedures for lung infections need a lot of improvement.

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You're so right.

Antibiotics are strong medicines that treat bacterial infections. Antibiotics won't treat viral infections because they can't kill viruses. You'll get better when the viral infection has run its course. Common illnesses caused by bacteria are urinary tract infections, strep throat, and some pneumonia.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

insisted that her doctor prescribe a course of Azithromycin, a Quinolone 

Azithromycin is an Azalide antibiotic, related to the Macrolide family, not a Quinolone, which I steer away from due to their side effects.

That's true... But sometimes, the symptoms of viral infections can lead to secondary bacterial infections. For example, pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial. If bacterial, antibiotics would be indicated.... But antibiotics themselves have no effect on viral infections alone, AFAIK.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

In Ireland, we make what is known as a 'hot whiskey' when we feel the flu coming on.

Heat the glass first, then one shot of whiskey ( preferably Powers), slice of lemon with 4 cloves attached, 1 tea spoon of brown sugar and fill the glass to just below the top with hot water.

Drink until the bottle is finished ( ???? ) and you will have a great night AND wake up the next day with the flu, gone. It has been tried and tested and has not been found wanting. ????

Nice one. I've used 'hot toddies' for years to fix myself up when I've caught a bug. Best fix going. ????

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It says something about the competence of the doctor attempting to treat the Briton in the OP.

The report, which I'm somewhat suspicious about, was datelined 3rd Feb and says that he had this illness about 2 months ago. That would make it before novel coronavirus was formerly identified. So the doctors wouldn't have known about it.

None the less, kudos to the guy who chose to use his own method to cure himself. A man after my own heart.

Edited by Moonlover