UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ahhh...so you are scared of what the 'little' UK can achieve as your competitor. Insecurity. That explains it ????

scared  is not the word ....

But not accepting ruining correct settings of quality and workers rights as a third country desperate to maintain themself as a loner ....????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ahhh...so you are scared of what the 'little' UK can achieve as your competitor. Insecurity. That explains it ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/18/uk-brexit-negotiator-britain-eu-different-planets

Michel Barnier rejects UK call for Canada-style trade deal

EU officials rubbish No 10 claims that bloc is trying to win back Parthenon marbles for Athens

Michel Barnier has rejected British demands for a Canada-style trade deal that would free the UK from EU rules as he made a thinly-veiled warning to Boris Johnson not to break his word.

Speaking in response to a landmark speech by David Frost, Britain’s Brexit negotiator, Barnier said such an offer was not on the table and noted that the prime minister had agreed only six months ago to stick to the EU’s state aid rules and current social and environmental regulations after the transition period.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU has said if you want to remain in the single market and customs union then yes you have to abide by ECJ rulings. Canada and Japan are not in the single market and customs union. You are comparing apples with oranges. Deliberately so I think.

If you object to the term English exceptionalism then I shall stop using it and call it what it really is.

English nationalism.  

Ah. Jocks are part of leaving ! You couldn't join EU even if independent. Under the SNp it's economy has performed so bad ! 

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

It's the whole of UK which, like it or not, includes that noisy squeaky little bit at the top that keeps hijacking these boards from Thailand and getting nowhere.

You lost. Get over it.

"You lost. Get over it."   

O.K.

but you don't go get the things as before, now  out of the club as 3th country  .....also get over that ????

Stop whining for such deal "  WTO kangaroo deal" is you granted ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

It's the whole of UK which, like it or not, includes that noisy squeaky little bit at the top that keeps hijacking these boards from Thailand and getting nowhere.

You lost. Get over it.

Scotland voted against Brexit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And neither will the Dutch, French and Spanish who have raped the UK waters. Soon to stop.

The gravy train is over.

As for out of the club great. We never really felt part of your federalised Europe.

You can keep your euro and also enjoy the coming economic turbulence coming your way. Not to mention other EU members saying we want out.

Good you are on the way of understanding ....acceptance shall follow …. no doubt ! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, david555 said:

O.K. you still don't get it …..????  short time shall tell you the different approach result 

Actually it is you who doesn't seem to get it. When Teresa May was PM the EU thought she was a joke and they walked all over her.

Now Boris is a positive leader and has said that we will leave finally 31 December this year with or without a deal, the EU is slowly waking up to the fact that the UK won't be bullied into doing what the EU wants any more.

As I said in an earlier post you and the few like you on TVF still cannot accept that the majority of the voters in the UK voted to leave the EU and the last election added more people wanting to leave.

It was a democratic vote both times yet you don't seem to understand or accept that part of democracy.

TBH I am bored with your comments and replies so I shall put you on my ignore list. It is a shame because you do make some good posts quite often.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Actually it is you who doesn't seem to get it. When Teresa May was PM the EU thought she was a joke and they walked all over her.

Now Boris is a positive leader and has said that we will leave finally 31 December this year with or without a deal, the EU is slowly waking up to the fact that the UK won't be bullied into doing what the EU wants any more.

As I said in an earlier post you and the few like you on TVF still cannot accept that the majority of the voters in the UK voted to leave the EU and the last election added more people wanting to leave.

It was a democratic vote both times yet you don't seem to understand or accept that part of democracy.

TBH I am bored with your comments and replies so I shall put you on my ignore list. It is a shame because you do make some good posts quite often.

You see that way  we see different way , that is why it shall be Boris no deal aka Kangaroo deal 

cheers 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bannork said:

The fact is only 37% of the electorate bothered to vote for Brexit. Who knows which way those who didn't vote would have chosen?

But no one can say the majority of the British people voted for Brexit.

They didn't.

#534 ()

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/18/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers

UK to close door to non-English speakers and unskilled workers

Government plans to take ‘full control’ of borders a disaster for economy and jobs, say industry leaders and Labour

O.K. it is their country and so their right ,and  they could vote it easy with supermajority ….

BUT what if the E.U. make it same way …..? Some funny languages in the 27 country's …. , and like Brits are in general no language champions.... (in general i say exceptions exists ) as English is accepted as international used language  …. I would see the result for all those old pensioners having language exam in their local E.U.country of residence language …..

As what counts for one side could count for the counterpart side also ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/18/uk-to-close-door-to-non-english-speakers-and-unskilled-workers

UK to close door to non-English speakers and unskilled workers

Government plans to take ‘full control’ of borders a disaster for economy and jobs, say industry leaders and Labour

O.K. it is their country and so their right ,and  they could vote it easy with supermajority ….

BUT what if the E.U. make it same way ….. some funny languages in the27 country's …. , and like Brits are in general no language champions.... (in general i say exceptions exists ) as English is accepted as international used language  …. I would see the result for all those old pensioners having language exam in their local E.U.country of residence language …..

As what counts for one side could count for the counterpart side 

Its not really important for pensioners to be able to speak the language of where they live 

• Like 1