Music teacher’s licence suspended for molesting student

webfact

Music teacher’s licence suspended for molesting student

By The Nation

800_e90d7bee3991ec3.jpg?v=1581861137

A music teacher’s licence was suspended after he was accused of molesting and raping a 12-year-old female student on Valentine’s day in the southern province of Chumphon, Education Minister Nataphol Teepsuwan revealed on Sunday (February 16).

“We are trying to punish this man for his actions. Our legal department is looking into any other objectionable behaviour by this man. We have blacklisted him, which will disqualify him from working as a teacher or working in the education circle,” the minister said.

Nataphol added that in the past there was some laxity in cracking down on some such people as a result administrators, teachers and relevant educational personnel who committed crimes like corruption and sexual harassment continued in education circles.

The minister vowed that from now on, he would not let any person who commits these kinds crimes continue in the field of education.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382234

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-17
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What about some jail time for this creep or does he get off because he is a teacher? Last time i looked Molesting a cild under16 is a crime or is it not in Thailand? 3 charges i can see here  1/ Moesting a child 2/Rape 3/Cardinal Knowledge  20 years Jail time in my books

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yep, that'll teach him ????

How about a couple of decades in prison as well? Not one mention of the teachers arrest in the news report.

Yup, including 10 or 15 Valentine's Days just for him, during which he hopefully will be played by his sex-starved fellow inmates like a fiddle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The minister vowed that from now on, he would not let any person who commits these kinds crimes continue in the field of education.

what about 'the field of children' ?? 

he can now freely go through the fields of unedjamkated little poppys 

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

And the police are doing what???

Probably nothing. It's widely believed that the police often do not investigate crimes unless there's a chance to parade the perp at a news conference called by... the police (the Thai press are pretty lazy as well). Frequently, the victim must present the police with all the evidence needed for the police to prosecute (unless they'rerepaying a favour or an IOU). Not that I think that of course, but it seems to be widely believed by Thais.

In the meantime, the Music Teacher will likely start playing the 'old pals' game (or the 'brown envelope' game if that doesn't work) - always assuming he's guilty of course, to try and avoid the consequences of a crime that he allegedly chose to commit - assuming that the 'ít wasn't me, it was someone else entirely' defence is ignored or otherwise not accepted).

Allegedly.

Welcome to Thailand.

Edited by ParkerN

45 minutes ago, ubon farang said:

What about some jail time for this creep or does he get off because he is a teacher? Last time i looked Molesting a cild under16 is a crime or is it not in Thailand? 3 charges i can see here  1/ Moesting a child 2/Rape 3/Cardinal Knowledge  20 years Jail time in my books

Unlikely to happen. More likely is that he'll be quietly transferred o full pay to a school where the director is a mate of the director where he is. that's a favour, an IOU to be cashed in when needed.

Welcome to Thailand. The IOU system extends from the very bottom to the top and all points in between.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I can think of a lot more appropriate words to describe his actions than 'objectionable'.

'Despicable' and 'abhorrent' are just two that come to mind !

Well they should built a complete picture.

But even if he's 'clean' of any other transgressions he should be in Jail for at least 5 years for rape (if proven) plus blacklisted meaning that he is barred from teaching forever and barred from any employment or activity involving females less than 30 years old. 

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

In any society, rape of a minor would bring 10-15 at least.

In the Thai Education department (read Thai government), they are still wondering how to punish this pr##k! 

Try explaining this to people back home....!

People back home never give Thailand a moment's thought. It's just an insignificant backwater with no influence on anyone anywhere. Used to be good for a cheap holiday, once upon a time. That's it.

• Like 1

OK, this post will get everyone MAD!!!!  

Look, many guys come here and exploit, molest, and "rape" bar girls who are drunk and are forced to work and please farang.  Farang smiles and doesn't want to think about reality.  Oh, this is Thailand, it's OK, they tell themselves.  Or, well, everyone does it.  Or, well, ... blah, blah, blah.... i'm handsome, so it's OK.  

If you want to give girls and women a voice, maybe quit your behaviour.  

Yea, my horse is high as I sit in Pattaya and drink my 20th Leo before 11:00 a.m.  lol

Go farangs, be good people and set a good example!!!   LOL

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OK, this post will get everyone MAD!!!!  

Look, many guys come here and exploit, molest, and "rape" bar girls who are drunk and are forced to work and please farang.  Farang smiles and doesn't want to think about reality.  Oh, this is Thailand, it's OK, they tell themselves.  Or, well, everyone does it.  Or, well, ... blah, blah, blah.... i'm handsome, so it's OK.  

If you want to give girls and women a voice, maybe quit your behaviour.  

Yea, my horse is high as I sit in Pattaya and drink my 20th Leo before 11:00 a.m.  lol

Go farangs, be good people and set a good example!!!   LOL

If you give a bar girl 1000B to pleasure you it is not rape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1