Siem Reap to O'Smach or Choam?

Planning my next visa run, return to Thailand mid-March.

Which of these border crossings would you recommend? Public transport from Siem Reap and to Surin or Sri Saket?

After many years of spending a lot of time in Thailand on tourist visas, this will be my first visa exempt over land after one week in Vietnam and one week in Cambodia.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back, here how it went.

There was some information about bus Siem Reap to O'Smach on the internet, but when I asked in TS Travel and Tour (Tourist Information Center and Free Tourist Information) the lady called the bus operator and told me there is no bus at the moment. My impression of TS Travel and Tour was positive, so I didn't ask elsewhere. She had a list with taxi prices, O'Smach would be 54 USD.

The morning of my departure I asked reception at my hotel, and they asked a tuk-tuk driver outside, and he said there would be shared taxis at bus station, up to 6 people, 10 USD per person. So I went with him (he didn't take me to bus station, but somewhere else where a taxi was waiting with already one passenger and several parcels). Taxi driver offered me the 4 back seats for 30 USD which I accepted (it would have been a wait for more passengers, and a squeeze to fit four in the back). Driver spoke only basic English, but good Thai.

Before reaching Thai immigration counter, my forehead tempereature was measures 3 times (by three different people) and noted on TM6 form, with stamp and signature by medical services. I had to fill out TM8 as well.

At immigration counter, I had to follow officer to his office. My visa history was no issue, he rather wanted to know where I was (Vietnam, Cambodia), if there were Chinese/Japanese/Korean tourists, if people wore face masks.

And finally this document (a poor copy or fax, the stamp says Royal Thai Consul General Penang), which requires German passport holders who apply for a visa to submit a health certificate.

(picture at end of post)

How did they get this document? So I had to follow an un-uniformed helper to a health service station to fill out one more form. Afterward question where I'm going (Surin, tourism, Elephant village) and where I will stay (show hotel booking). And then, after total 25 minutes, finally in (VE 30 days)!

There were no other Whites, but a trickle of locals crossing the border.

On Thai side van to Surin for 45 THB every 15 minuntes.

20200312_134400.jpg

Edited by ChristianPFC