Thailand's foreign retirees see their good life slip away

webfact

25 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Just got a 4.1% COLA (Cost Of Living Adjustment), that's about 10000 THB monthly, so this thread is totally pointless.

And, looking at the shape of the Farangs in the OP's pic, I'd reckon that these guys are better off than me.

Where pray tell  did you get a 4.1% cola?   That is, if true.... excellent. Mine was only 1.6% but all is well. I am living the life, thank-you very much.

Edited by albertik
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I'm happy that I moved to Laos.  I get 4% more Lao kip for my USD income than last year - sits nicely with my 6% pa interest savings account... ????

Yes Siem Reap is nice, glad I came over here, wish I could go to BKK to do some shopping though...

54 minutes ago, albertik said:

Where pray tell  did you get a 4.1% cola?   That is, if true.... excellent. Mine was only 1.6% but all is well. I am living the life, thank-you very much.

UN New York COLA 2018 & 2019. 2018 was below 2% (1.7) so we get it only this year combined.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Not only british ; every people from " EU-27  " have lost more than 30% since about 10 years .

Even Norvegian people lost much and yet they don't have euro currency 

Norway have had the biggest loss since 2009 yes.From 16,8 to over 30 nok for 100 bath.????.

6 minutes ago, Chrysaora said:

Wealthy people rarely discuss their wealth.  

Just saying.

Lucky for you you're not a fish! You'd be on the bank and clubbed with a 'priest' before you know it. There's a nibble and a big bite....which did you decide to try?