what medication for covid 19?

Orton Rd

Quote:
"This is what I bought, of course there are a few expensive anti virals they use in HIV treatment and tamiflu, but i'm not wasting money as not that bothered about snuffing it ????

Chloroquinine phosphate

Vit C 1000mg

Melatonin

fah talai jone

tramodol"

Me: Thank you for your information.
I would like to mention that one should be aware of the side effects from Chloroquine and using it with caution.
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/chloroquine-side-effects.html

• Like 1

Why on earth are you posting this nonsense? If you get sick, go to the hospital, get treated, and the doctor will prescribe the correct medicine and treatment. If you think the Thai hospitals, doctors, and Thailand environment are not good enough for you, then excise your rights to leave the country to a better place. Self treatment of this virus is stupid and not fair for the rest of the public and people around you. Think about it!

• Like 1

A healthy immune system is paramount. Medical science is just discovering the importance of the immune system in the body's ability to fight cancers, for example.

Take immune system booster tablets, like zinc and vitamin C, or more naturally with garlic, red meat, poultry, red peppers, citrus fruits, broccoli and ginger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, anthony0339 said:

Why on earth are you posting this nonsense? If you get sick, go to the hospital, get treated, and the doctor will prescribe the correct medicine and treatment. If you think the Thai hospitals, doctors, and Thailand environment are not good enough for you, then excise your rights to leave the country to a better place. Self treatment of this virus is stupid and not fair for the rest of the public and people around you. Think about it!

I'm not sure if your post is related to my post or not. In my post I only used a quote from another TV member (quote). 
Instead to judge this TV members post what is right or not right, I wanted to let the readers know to be aware of side effects. Also, I only posted facts that should serve other readers. 
In general I think all these posts should serve readers to get some useful information and these should not be expressed with words that come from personal emotions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you need oxygen a hospital will do a great deal more and is where you must be.

But overwhelming majority of people with COVID will not need oxygen.

If someone presented themselves at hospital for a test and if came back positive, what would happen next? Would they be free to self quarantine and treat themselves at home, assuming symptoms are mild?

1 minute ago, Ventenio said:

Well, I am an online detective, doctor, and ex-special forces for the secret universe alien swat team..... ok, now you know i have street cred

paracetamol will force your temperature down, but LESSEN your immune system by doing so.....the hypothalamus or something is working.  let it work.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4703655/

• Thanks 1

I have exercised my ability to leave Thailand and have returned to uk.

I don't trust the covid figures or Thai hospitals from the experiences I have had. No way!!

The thought of paying through the nose to die in a Thai hospital scares me. I feel way happier having left and can look at the Thai pneumonia (cover-up) stats without feeling concerned and if I die I will do so in a country I have faith in and without a huge inflated hospital bill.

I can only speak personally but I am very happy to have left Thailand. I do not rate my chances in Thailand wrt hospital competancy, costs, honesty, accountability, outcome, etc 

The Thai health minister is a good example of the general concern I have, as is all my many past dealings with thai hospitals. Tourism and $$ over public health and safety.

A huge sigh of relief to have left!

Edited by twix38
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone seeking medical advice on TV must already be delirious from fever.

Reading through the first page of posts, it really is a case of the blind leading the brain dead. It's a miracle that Darwin's survival theory hasn't come into play and culled more of the farang population.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Important is that nobody else gets infected. Another part is that the sick person must have access to healthy food. ( You are what you eat!)

animals & old people know that when they are sick: YOU FAST

so your body can attack the virus and not waste time & energy digesting food

thought most people on TV were old enough to remember that

but most people seem to have forgotten what to do when they get sick :

rest for the body & mind

and garlic (crushed / chewed), ginger, honey & lemon...

those chemicals pills cure nothing

hospitals offer you to get more serious diseases via contamination

Edited by justin case

14 minutes ago, justin case said:

animals & old people know that when they are sick: YOU FAST

so your body can attack the virus and not waste time & energy digesting food

thought most people on TV were old enough to remember that

You talking about the old adage feed a cold - and starve a fever? 

Hummm, medical advice from the 16th century?  Really?

not scientifically relevant IMO

Peace

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Same treatment as always when infection like this comes my way. (which is not very often)

Ginger, onions and garlic, mixed with plenty of fresh salad. The garlic should be sliced and left in the open for ten minutes to allow the activate ingredients to mix and the oxygen to activate them. (that's an old Chinese belief that modern science has validated)

I was going to say more but @Isaanbiker has covered it all very nicely in post #12 above.

At least people will keep a metre away from you thus reducing your chances of infecting them!

Edited by emptypockets

20 hours ago, Bugsy777 said:

High dose vitamin C helps in resisting viral infections. Don't wait till you are ill. Vitamin C passes through the body quite quickly so you need to take it regularly. Say 3 or 4 times per day. 2 or 3 grams over the day should be enough. In some people it can cause your bowels to flush. Not such a bad thing. Your body will adapt and that will pass. If you do get sick, try increasing the dose. During normal times, 1 gram ( 1000mg) per day should be enough. 

Vitamin D induces antiviral gene expression, reduces the viral co-receptor CCR5 on CD4+ T-cells, and promotes an HIV-1-restrictive CD38+HLA-DR+ immunophenotype in in vitro assays, leading to HIV-1 infection inhibition in T cells (109).Mar 12, 2018

Many people are low in vitamin D. During times of disease take 4000 iu daily. Vitamin B3 in the form of niacin is excellent. Some find the niacin flush uncomfortable. If you take 500/1000 mg your face and neck can get really red and hot. It lasts about an hour. It's harmless but you will be photo sensitive for a couple of hours so keep out of the sun

Makes you wonder why mainstream medicine hasn't picked on this cure all. I actually spent a week in hospital after a high dose of vitamin C for a few days. I had the sniffles and a lady recommended high doses of vitamin C.  Sounded reasonable to me. The treating medical staff ( an older worldy wise nurse) wanted to slap me for my stupidity. Apparently large doses of vitamin C can inhibit many other chemicals in your body that help the healing process. As I found out.

I ended up on an IV drip to treat a major inner ear infection - blood and pus coming out of my ear. It had the potential to kill apparently if it had spread further into my skull.

Now I listen to trained medical professionals. No more quack cures for me.

Edited by emptypockets

25 minutes ago, emptypockets said:
20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Same treatment as always when infection like this comes my way. (which is not very often)

Ginger, onions and garlic, mixed with plenty of fresh salad. The garlic should be sliced and left in the open for ten minutes to allow the activate ingredients to mix and the oxygen to activate them. (that's an old Chinese belief that modern science has validated)

I was going to say more but @Isaanbiker has covered it all very nicely in post #12 above.

25 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

At least people will keep a metre away from you thus reducing your chances of infecting them!

Well yes. But aren't we supposed to be in self isolation anyway? ????

one thing to think about is the other person(s) at your home who will be taking care of you. Masks, gloves, paper plates, plastic cups, plastic bags, sheets, very hot water, washing down surfaces and making sure they understand what you need until you recuperate. Get that stuff now. also be thinking they may crash also.

if you op to go to the hospital, how will you get there without contaminating someone else?

and they may just send you home after very basic questionings unless you are really having problems breathing because they don't have test kits and/or results take days. then someone may text you telling you your test results. then under the new rules you will be treated like someone returning from South Korea. you will need to report your status and prove you are in self quarantine.

If you go to the hospital that would be the time I (ME NOT YOU, ME) would wear my N95 mask. and hand sanitizer with you as soon as you leave. 

OK going out now to breathe in the new batch of virus that was sent to Hua Hin from South Korea.

Edited by NCC1701A

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

If you go to the hospital that would be the time I (ME NOT YOU, ME) would wear my N95 mask. and hand sanitizer with you as soon as you leave. 

OK going out now to breathe in the new batch of virus that was sent to Hua Hin from South Korea.

Agree.  Hospitals are where all types of infections are easily transmitted

Person to person contact is the route of transmission.  as far as CDC knows. 

So OK to go outside and breathe

Just stay at least 6 feet away from anyone who looks sick! ???? 

And anyone who recently came here from China, South Korea, Italy, or Iran 

Peace✌️