Thailand road carnage: NINETY reported dead on Monday - year total surpasses 3,000

webfact

<deleted>? It's at least 24 000 deaths a year, that's 2000 a month. "Only" 3110 up to now is good news... they'll be doing this again at Songkran, official figures will be way lower than the 24 000 divided by 365.

• Thanks 1

I have only been here five years and sadly find myself skipping over reports of road deaths. The story is always the same, inattentive, selfish, incompetent or just plain stupid with slight variations in the excuses and the same sad results. We all have valid suggestions as to how it could improve but we know nothing will change and we can’t do anything about it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

One of the best posts of the year to date..and no,there is nothing that can be done about it because the Thai are addicted to the craziness of it all.

Just as much as they are addicted to the wholesale corruption.

It is a bit unfair to say that Thais are addicted to corruption. Most Thais that I know are definitely against it and are fed up with it. They just do not know how to stop it.

Traffic deaths are due to ignorance (on the part of Thais). What amazes me is that foreigners, who know better, lower their driving standards when they get here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That should be common sense, but......,

The Government are very active about controlling the Corona

virus, but do very little to reduce the carnage on the roads and

the pollution in the air, then there's going to be the problems

of water shortages.

"This brought the total for the first nine days of March to 460.",

that's like an airliner crashing in Thailand every Month,same sort

of numbers......

regards Worgeordie

Maybe the Government should concentrate on teaching common sense. Most Thai's I have spoken with don't really understand the concept.

Nothing displays the stupidity of the world better than these numbers. How many people died by Coronavirus on Monday in Thailand? None? But every day they come up with new restrictions instead of fighting  the real killer which is lack of education. Note this not limited to Thailand. Vietnam is not better, Germany is totally nuts and so on. Crazy world. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

Maybe the Government should concentrate on teaching common sense. Most Thai's I have spoken with don't really understand the concept.

How about a video game that teaches proper driving educate?   If you get a high score, you get a token for a claw machine. 

There are ways to do it, but doubt things will get better under cha cha.  Malaysia has some nice PSA's with Michelle Yeoh.   She looks hot and distinguished.  The fact that it does not an outrage is the main contributing factor.