Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the United States to fight coronavirus

webfact

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Good luck with that dream, have you not noticed something?

Still "trying,  my friend. I am not very optimistic 

but just like that old ant I try to move that rubber tree plant, 

'Cause I have high hopes, 

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

Good luck with that dream, have you not noticed something?

Back in the day, a high proportion of Americans believed in democracy.  I suppose times change, people's views change.  I guess they believed that the government that they elected would work to their benefit.

I'm still looking for a better alternative.  

SC

5 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I'm reporting the Guardian as it happens without comment you are adding the spin. Besides I wouldn't believe a word either of those crooks said since you ask !

I got some fun news for you....seeing you're probably a democrat.

Dem. and family man Andrew Gillum who missed being elected as Florida Governor

by 34,000 votes and regularly shows up to trash Trump like you

was caught in a hotel room last night with 3 bags of meth, naked

in the company of two other naked men, one of whom suffered a heart attack

due to probable drug overdose.

While Trumps trying to defuse a crisis, a Dem is involved in what appears to be

a suspected orgy...at a time when a virus is spreading like wildfire.

Tut  Tut.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article241165641.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

There isn't one - & i get no personal satisfaction out of stating that!

To be fair, the recent electoral disasters that democracy has delivered to us make Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan look saintly, despite our own political views.  

Back in the day, we had nostalgia for the politicians we supported.   Now, we're nostalgic for the integrety and honesty of those we opposed.

Just sayin'; back in the day, nostalgia was better,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Sounds like a party animal with a name like yours I would have thought you be in on a sesh if the dudes were hot chicks...we could grab em by the p*ssy. Nothing wrong with orgies should be on everyone's bucket list !

Probably.....but only a Dem family man would be crazy enough to do this with a full blown pandemic

going on.

Makes Trump look like a sane guy in this crisis.

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:59 PM, sanemax said:

What measures should Donald have taken and how should he have put the USA on "high alert"?

Starting back in 2018, Donald should have listened more carefully to the annual threat assessment report:

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/Newsroom/Testimonies/2018-ATA---Unclassified-SSCI.pdf

which of course was also included in the 2019 report:

https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/2019-ATA-SFR---SSCI.pdf

The same warning would probably appear in the 2020 version.... but Trump cancelled it.

I guess his staff should have presented all this in a convenient cartoon format to hold Trump's attention.

Trump should not have fired the pandemic response team in the Spring of 2018:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

Being comatose is a good excuse for not knowing of all the misleading statement Trump issued in the early stages of the COVID-19 epidemic.  I hope that wasn't your excuse.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Probably.....but only a Dem family man would be crazy enough to do this with a full blown pandemic

going on.

Get a grip.  It takes more than a pandemic to stop blokes having orgies with their friends.  Or are you some kind of control-freak moral-nazi?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

Get a grip.  It takes more than a pandemic to stop blokes having orgies with their friends.  Or are you some kind of control-freak moral-nazi?

naaaaah...just a Trump supporter who won't stand having the president bad mouthed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

going on.

He squandered time in getting the US prepared and downplayed the real and present danger and got rid of a pandemic preparedness unit that could have at an early stage got the US ready as it possibly could be. Dereliction of duty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

It's precisely when the world is going to pot and we might be entering the end times when orgies could help (obviously with masks and condoms and stuff) nurses uniforms...When morale is slipping it is time to slip some morals...(just made that up - nice ring to it). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

To be fair, the recent electoral disasters that democracy has delivered to us make Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan look saintly, despite our own political views.  

Back in the day, we had nostalgia for the politicians we supported.   Now, we're nostalgic for the integrety and honesty of those we opposed.

Just sayin'; back in the day, nostalgia was better,

I had started a thread about a year ago about the dangers of Democracy and for having no minimal test for voting, and how everyone, however ignorant was allowed to vote on issues they did not even understand..

I understand the dangers of a test, trust me I do,  but I also understand the dangers of an ignorant electorate and how easy it is for them to be manipulated . 

I have no solutions, but I think that at the very least a conversation need to be had as to how we move forward in this new paradigme.

Personally I think we are screwed.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

He squandered time in getting the US prepared and downplayed the real and present danger and got rid of a pandemic preparedness unit that could have at an early stage got the US ready as it possibly could be. Dereliction of duty.

pure speculation.....prepared for what.....the first case happened some time in November.

people travelled all over unchecked for weeks. I can see why this story gets traction.....its

just another election tactic.

Won't work.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Plans to.....

Anyway, that would be a very good decision, just late.

That would also be a quick change of mind too! He blocked the use of Medicaid today.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-13/trump-administration-blocks-states-use-medicaid-respond-coronavirus-crisis

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Coronavirus: Brazil’s president confirmed to have illness days after meeting with Donald Trump

Come on Trumpeters there is nothing to fear

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-brazils-president-confirmed-to-have-illness-days-after-meeting-with-donald-trump/news-story/d9707964df060c4eae56740bd2c93d93

It might not be good to have an asymptotic plague-monkey for a president.  Let's hope he does not infect anyone else important

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:
10 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

going on.

We just had Bike Week in Daytona Beach. (twenty min way) close to 500,000 from all over the country came. I am sure that according to Holmes they behaved and only attended bible  and poetry readings, But we already had two infected individual bikers  from up north  diagnosed  with the virus  and quarantine. And this thing is not over yet, Wait a couple of weeks until all infected start showing symptoms. 

In view of the situation it was insane to have held bike week, but the stable genius was telling us not to worry only last week, now he wants to declare a national emergency.

INSANE !!!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Country A: Plenty of mass destruction weapons, tanks, and other for me useless stuff. No insurance and you might end up dying in front of a hospital. 

Not until you need it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I had started a thread about a year ago about the dangers of Democracy and for having no minimal test for voting, and how everyone, however ignorant was allowed to vote on issues they did not even understand..

I understand the dangers of a test, trust me I do,  but I also understand the dangers of an ignorant electorate and how easy it is for them to be manipulated . 

I have no solutions, but I think that at the very least a conversation need to be had as to how we move forward in this new paradigme.

Personally I think we are screwed.  

This was illustrated also in the Brexit vote in the uk, where people unable to understand the economic implications of withdrawing from the EU voted to leave the EU based on ressentiments against Romanians and Poles. Now the UK will pay 36 billion USD in tariffs, outside the EU, when it previously paid 9 billion pounds as a member of the EU.

We are most definitely seeing the limits of democracy. The UK is well and truly screwed, thanks to a small number of old age pensioners and  social benefit recipients who did not understand what they voted for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

I got some fun news for you....seeing you're probably a democrat.

Dem. and family man Andrew Gillum who missed being elected as Florida Governor

by 34,000 votes and regularly shows up to trash Trump like you

was caught in a hotel room last night with 3 bags of meth, naked

in the company of two other naked men, one of whom suffered a heart attack

due to probable drug overdose.

While Trumps trying to defuse a crisis, a Dem is involved in what appears to be

a suspected orgy...at a time when a virus is spreading like wildfire.

Tut  Tut.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article241165641.html

Golly, you found a bad Democrat.  I wonder if there are any bad Republicans?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

you know thats fake news right?

stop rubbing your palms in glee.

He's negative.

Spare a thought for Trudeau whose wife has definitely

got it. Trump wasn't sleeping with Bolsonaro.....but Trudeau....

hmmm not looking good for him

President Bolsonaro may have tested negative, but his communication secretary, who also met with Trump, has tested positive.  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brazil-trump/trump-says-not-concerned-he-was-exposed-to-coronavirus-by-brazilian-official-idUSKBN20Z2O7

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An actual quote from the "stable genius".

I like this stuff.  I really get it.  People are surprised that I understand it.  Every one of these doctors said, “How do you know so much about this?”  Maybe I have a natural ability.  Maybe I should have done that instead of running for President.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-tour-centers-disease-control-prevention-atlanta-ga/

Edited by shdmn

9 hours ago, riclag said:

lol He should take credit when its his efforts that brought about the the strongest economy which was reflected in the pre CV

I'm not sure where people get this stuff. Probably from Trump.  Anyway, the current economic expansion is the weakest in the post WW II period. It is the longest however. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

This was illustrated also in the Brexit vote in the uk, where people unable to understand the economic implications of withdrawing from the EU voted to leave the EU based on ressentiments against Romanians and Poles. Now the UK will pay 36 billion USD in tariffs, outside the EU, when it previously paid 9 billion pounds as a member of the EU.

We are most definitely seeing the limits of democracy. The UK is well and truly screwed, thanks to a small number of old age pensioners and  social benefit recipients who did not understand what they voted for.

Or they weren't happy with a group of un-elected inbred europeans imposing laws on the UK

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Or they weren't happy with a group of un-elected inbred europeans imposing laws on the UK

Laws voted by the elected UK government. There isn't any law that can pass without being agreed by the Council of elected governments. UK voted for nearly all laws and when it didn't agree, it has usually been exempted from applying them. Nothing has been imposed.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not sure where people get this stuff. Probably from Trump.  Anyway, the current economic expansion is the weakest in the post WW II period. It is the longest however. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Which started well before his term during Obama's presidency and largely because of the things Obama did after the 2008 Economic meltdown that happened under Republicans watch.  So you can thank Obama for a lot of that.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1