Anutin’s Twitter account deleted just hours after astonishing rant against ‘dirty’ foreigners

webfact

1 hour ago, petedk said:

I  agree with you to a certain extent, but I also think a lot of the poorer people (maybe those that have moved to Bangkok ) in Bangkok are also very racist. I have had a few incidents the last year or so where some Thais have shown racist attitude towards me as soon as they saw me. It wasn't like this when I came here 20+ years ago, but I can definitely see the changes.  

They are only like this in Thailand; confront them in another country out of their control and you will soon seen who they really are..cowards!

PS. I am talking about the arrogant hi-so and wannabe hi-so types; not about Thai's in general who I find to be awesome. 

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

45 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Sorry to say, but the moron is not completely wrong. Yesterday at Jomtien Immigration I saw not so few farang beeing dressed like vagrants and looking like they'd need a shower badly.

and  does  that  make them more  likely to carry a  virus  then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Good afternoon Mattzon.

i not support Anutin, now, or before, or future. 

But i the elected of tvf. I ask the member to not be like Anutin. 

I disagree with Anutin, and disagree with TVF member who like to argue about silly point and be racist same as Anutin.

I know you will agree with your elected leader Yinn.

Thankyou your understanding. 

Thankyou your vote. 

Delusions of grandeur setting in perchance?

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Was Thailand not 'occupied' by the Japanese in the second world war? Strange one. The Japanese certainly used it as the main highway to Malaysia and Singapore.

Then there was the death railway? A bit before my time for me to be certain.

But, but, but, none of that counts as they were really great guys, fortunately not all Thai's agreed. 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

I don´t think you see the picture clear. There is a big difference here. On this forum we have private persons making insignificant comments. Something that ain´t official and bears the load of presenting a country behind each ones back.

This person is an "elected", at least they say that, spokesperson for the country. That´s what most posters here are commenting about. I couldn´t care less if private insignificant Thai persons had a forum and posted comments of the same standard, but when an elected official and minister do it???

Yeah, if you sit down and think for a while, I believe that even you will understand the severity of the comment and the situation it puts the government in..

Still drinking?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Good afternoon Mattzon.

I disagree with Anutin, and disagree with TVF member who like to argue about silly point and be racist same as Anutin.

Thankyou your vote. 

images (5).jpeg

2 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Well you don't know how governments work then do you? This is huge...because it will affect their bottom line. When foreigners flee (a mainstay of the economy in the form of tourism) and hesitant business people decide, "maybe Thailand is not the best place to start our business" the government will come crawling back to us, apologizing and wanting our business.

It's always about the bottom line. Keep in mind that much of the Thai economy aside from agriculture perhaps (although even there to some extent) was built up by foreigners and most investment in manufacturing, food processing and tourism has been made by foreign companies. Thailand is not an innovative country and has few home grown brands of it's own. It's single car brand "Thairung" has been a huge flop, they only sell like 10 vehicles a year and not sure if they're still making any. Malaysia has 2 brands (Perodua and Proton) and have been far more successful yet the country has less than half the population of Thailand.

All the other car manufacturers are wholly (or mostly) foreign owned and will say goodbye to Thailand, like GM recently did, if they don't like the conditions here. Of course, it will probably take a lot more than a bad mouthed minister to make or break a decision, but it certainly doesn't help.

I know how governments work, but this is Thailand, and you know or should know by now, Thailand is different, just ask them.... ????

19 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Good thing you don't care about him Yinn, but he is the deputy PM and the health minister. He represents the government of Thailand and makes the country look like a laughing stock, not to mention a hostile place for foreigners to live, do business or invest in.

His previous remarks were widely reported on internationally and people overseas know him now. I should also note how the media in neighboring countries like Laos noted with glee how he conducted himself, as if to say "at least our government ministers don't talk like this" although what they're leaving out is government in Laos conducts itself in secretive ways and no dissent is allowed at all. So if Laos ever had an "Anutin" (a nut in Laos) you wouldn't be allowed to criticize him. At least in Thailand, there is enough freedom of speech remaining that we can. Of course, in secretive countries like Laos they know not to upset their business partners and donor nations, so such remarks are made sure never to reach the public discourse, even if overheard by the media or someone who could "leak them out".

Nevertheless, it allowed them to score some "brownie points". Let's hope more competent leaders come along to replace this nut job. It's about time.

Seems there were a few likely competent candidates around - - were, but that was very smartly sorted. 

57 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Good afternoon Mattzon.

Thankyou your vote. 

I am very pleased to hear that you are no a member of the diluted followers. Although, my comment stands firm. What you are doing is to try to compare an elected official in a government, who are a representative of a whole country and it´s population, with private posters on TVF. A person that understand the greatness of difference between those persons, also understand that there is no way on earth to compare the same.

The rest of your comment was funny, so you got a laugh this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

She can, she’s POTY you know ????

Ooh, yeah I know. Last time I checked anyway, a poster in a magazine was even lower than the proof reader. So, then we come down to the point. What does POTY mean? Probably nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I  agree with you to a certain extent, but I also think a lot of the poorer people (maybe those that have moved to Bangkok ) in Bangkok are also very racist. I have had a few incidents the last year or so where some Thais have shown racist attitude towards me as soon as they saw me. It wasn't like this when I came here 20+ years ago, but I can definitely see the changes.  

I have to disagree...even around 16 years ago I think it was, I was applying for a nursery teaching job (to be honest, I didn't want to teach 3 year olds but that's what the agency offered me) and this racist principal made some derogatory remarks about me including being angry that I was a male (she was expecting a woman), yet it wasn't me that chose this gig. Although my Thai at the time was still rather basic (though most Thais I knew at the time said it was pretty good), I understood her rant and left.

As for thinking poorer people are less racist than the upper classes or being surprised they could be racist, I disagree.

The upper classes have mostly studied and/or lived abroad and are often dividing their time between Thailand and another country, usually in the west (or sometimes Japan or somewhere like that). They tend to count well to do foreigners, including members of the business and diplomatic community as their friends and many are in relationships with foreigners. They are well educated and while they may look down on their poorer, darker skinned compatriots as baffoons, they respect and look up to foreigners.

Remember though that every society is "classist" to some extent - while I don't judge people, I certainly don't go out drinking beer with day laborers and truck drivers either, but you will find me at business networking events mingling with the upper classes. And it's obvious why...even though I speak fluent Thai, what would I talk to these poorer people about? How Somchai from down the street hit his wife again, or that Thaksin should be worshipped as a demi-God?

The lower classes tend to have very low levels of education, believe in all sorts of myths and unfounded conspiracy theories and are the exact type of people who would take Anutin's comments at face value.

It just keeps getting funnier.

Yeah, yeah well we are racist towards the Thais here yeah, a bit, well, quite a lot really on a daily basis and we do talk about thick Somchai and the stupid people and all that yeah, but....but....yeah but we're ANONYMOUS, yeah, no-one knows who we are so that's not really racist see? Yeah, well, yeah ok it is a bit yeah and it makes people think we all think alike 'cos we say it so often but see there's only one of him and everybody knows him see, so that's much worse, even if what he said is true and what we say isn't, yeah, that's fair.....

Keep it up lads, I'll get a TV series out of this one. ????????????

• Like 2