I am doing it.(stocking up)

jvs

3 hours ago, milys said:

Why do you use toilet paper in a land where most toilets have a shower in reach. Clean your ass with water for a while and you will not get back to toilet paper.

Novel idea! Now why didn't I think of that? ????

On 3/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, soalbundy said:

I must live on an island of sanity here in Isan, if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't know about corona, I was checked once at the hospital dentist for fever. No face masks in sight, no panic buying, no hand sanitizers around, nobody talking about 'the harbinger of death', normal life goes on. Only in the big cities are the herds stampeding.

Start worrying when they begin fleeing Bangkok and heading 'home' for they will surely bring 'it' with them....

On 3/13/2020 at 11:21 PM, transam said:

No..............If we all did that then there would be a problem................:coffee1:

You can stock up slowly, allowing the supply chain to respond. There is a difference between prudence and cavalier irresponsibility.

• Like 1

Just wondering if everyone is stocking up on necessary items before any "potential" panic, as has been seen in a few countries around the world, noting France has just ordered it's people indoors for 15 days.

We usually have a spare on most things, now two, but I think as of today it will be 3, not wanting to be seen as being greedy of course, but have 6 members in this family and these kids eat like horses, especially during these school holidays.

Edited by 4MyEgo

No problem for me, no need to stock up, chest freezer almost full, fridge freezer full.

Plenty of rice in the storeroom, take some out, mill it, plenty of eggs from our hens, plenty of fish from our tanks.

Only thing i would need is bread, but if i had to, i would make my own.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No problem for me, no need to stock up, chest freezer almost full, fridge freezer full.

Plenty of rice in the storeroom, take some out, mill it, plenty of eggs from our hens, plenty of fish from our tanks.

Only thing i would need is bread, but if i had to, i would make my own.

You have a ma & pa shop then ?........????........................????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Your American.  ?  

Your under the false impression only Americans stock up?

LONDON—British supermarkets experienced the same intense run on grocery-store shelves as in the U.S. and Australia last week. The country's biggest chains are now pleading with shoppers to stop stockpiling.

im-164679.jpg

Edited by meechai
  • Haha 2

On 3/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, lust said:
  On 3/16/2020 at 9:49 AM, milys said:

Why do you use toilet paper in a land where most toilets have a shower in reach. Clean your ass with water for a while and you will not get back to toilet paper.

Having been to Thailand many times, and to some remote places where the "toilet paper" is that little water thing beside the squat toilet, I tell people here in the USA that there are ways to wipe ones butt besides what is sold by Scott and Charmin.   I am pretty sure it is not going to catch on.  Gosh it was not too many generations ago even here when people had out houses with old newspapers, magazines, old rags that were washed and re-used etc.  Somehow they got by

• Like 1

the thought comes up... that Woolies and Coles etc, by way of their Rewards, and FlyBuys systems respectively - could easily put a blocker on individuals who are stockpiling too much of the particular items! 

In the background: Both systems have for a long time provided 'feedback' (in the form of suggestion advertising tailored to the users past purchasing trends

So... if they reapplied this already existing platform, to instead directly monitor any/all purchases made by their 'rewards' members; a lot of the wayward excesses could be nipped in the bud!

(until the Hoarders, who also want to get their 'Points'; finally realise the sting  

swipe this

swipe that

swipe dunny roll

swipe this 

swipe that

swipe dunny roll ding ding ding... ????

So why is it nothing is shutting down there? I'm in the camp of this is a hoax, so I'd be right there with you  if they weren't putting cell towers on the roofs of houses & apartments there.  Clearly there are social diseases there, so what is the government's excuse for no news coming out of these 'sexpat' places?

I was among the first to expose the virus as a hoax on my youtube, but I won't link it here bc we get accused of promoting our channels. Lolz..  Never mind the fact that I've never been monitized or asked for a dime on jtube.

Almost hard to believe but here at work ( New Jersey , a fairly large aerospace company) some guy was just busted stealing toilet paper.  There are many employees here and several bathrooms and they typically just store the paper towels, and toilet paper cartons against one of the plant walls.  Some guy took a case out.  Everything here is on CCTV due to the security.  Lose one's job and security clearance because of stealing toilet paper? 

• Thanks 1

same everywhere!! back in OZ,

it is described as being un Australian... 

yeah ozzies are doing it too, but in many news; it is the 'paper' citizens that have really upped the ante:

here's one of multitudes of 'chinese' austalians, bussing en masse, from one country town on to another...

IMG_20200318_134251.jpg?resize=600%2C400listener-benIMG_20200318_134101

plus; what you can't see in the photos; is the wire cage box trailer (full)...   

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, XBroker said:

So why is it nothing is shutting down there? I'm in the camp of this is a hoax, so I'd be right there with you  if they weren't putting cell towers on the roofs of houses & apartments there.  Clearly there are social diseases there, so what is the government's excuse for no news coming out of these 'sexpat' places?

I was among the first to expose the virus as a hoax on my youtube, but I won't link it here bc we get accused of promoting our channels. Lolz..  Never mind the fact that I've never been monitized or asked for a dime on jtube.

A hoax?What drugs are you on?

On 3/18/2020 at 2:25 AM, gk10002000 said:

Having been to Thailand many times, and to some remote places where the "toilet paper" is that little water thing beside the squat toilet, I tell people here in the USA that there are ways to wipe ones butt besides what is sold by Scott and Charmin.   I am pretty sure it is not going to catch on.  Gosh it was not too many generations ago even here when people had out houses with old newspapers, magazines, old rags that were washed and re-used etc.  Somehow they got by

my dad use to cut up the newspaper into 4" squares and use that....    haha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tifino said:

same everywhere!! back in OZ,

it is described as being un Australian... 

yeah ozzies are doing it too, but in many news; it is the 'paper' citizens that have really upped the ante:

here's one of multitudes of 'chinese' austalians, bussing en masse, from one country town on to another...

IMG_20200318_134251.jpg?resize=600%2C400listener-benIMG_20200318_134101

plus; what you can't see in the photos; is the wire cage box trailer (full)...   

Explain please, forced busing to a quarantine area?

2 hours ago, Rhys said:

Explain please, forced busing to a quarantine area?

they were 'sprung' raiding country (out in the provinces)  supermarkets. The locals everywhere are up in arms... not that they have 'confronted' them in a physical way... but as much photo & video evidence is starting to be compiled. Note the photographer caught them cowering, in 'face loss'?

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

my dad  used to use a handful of gum leaves.

In days of old

when men were bold

and paper not invented

they'd wipe their Xss

upon the grass

and walk away contented.