Stuck in Thailand but cannot exend visa

Good afternoon,

My Tourist visa expires on March 27th (i already extended it for 30days) and my flight to France has been cancelled and I can't do a IN/OUT in Malaysia as they just closed their borders yesterday.

What borders in South East Asia are still open ? Someone has the same problem as me ?

Thank you for your suggestions ...

20 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Depends where you are but Myanmar is still open. 

The major borders to Laos are still open (Vientiane, Savannakhet).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The major borders to Laos are still open (Vientiane, Savannakhet).

Sorry, just saw the Thai Laos borders are still opened

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Think can still go to Vietnam ok.

I agree. If he is French he cannot enter visa exempt but can obtain visa for Vietnam.

Must not have traveled in the list countries outlined by Vietnamese authorities

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I agree. If he is French he cannot enter visa exempt but can obtain visa for Vietnam.

Temporarily stop issuing e-Visa for foreigners who are in or have recently visited areas where Covid-19 is spreading

Vietnam is suspending tourist visas for travelers who have been in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and Schengen countries 14 days prior to their planned arrival starting Sunday at noon because of the novel coronavirus outbreak, according to a statement on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website.

The ban also includes those who “come from” these regions, the statement said, without further explanation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-14/vietnam-to-suspend-entry-of-tourists-from-uk-schengen-nations

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"Effective 12:00 pm Viet Nam local time, 15 March 2020:
1. All visa on arrivals are suspended.
2. Passengers who have been in or transited through the United Kingdom or a Schengen Member State in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Viet Nam. This does not apply to passengers who travel for diplomatic or official purpose.

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, thaiboy84 said:

My Tourist visa expires on March 27th (i already extended it for 30days) and my flight to France has been cancelled and I can't do a IN/OUT in Malaysia as they just closed their borders yesterday...

The airline that cancelled your flight must arrange a booking for you with another airline, at their expense.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The airline that cancelled your flight must arrange a booking for you with another airline, at their expense.

Might be in theory but in practice perhaps not.

In last couple of week's I have had return to Osaka cancelled also Jetstar return HCMC to Melbourne. The later not cancelled but put on problematic list. The options are very clear and limited. Money back or credit or free date change apart from fare difference. Also unless you go to airport office you deal with robot online.

Refunds take often a month+.

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

I speculate that embassies of other countries will start issuing letters to get 30 day extensions soon.

Try contacting your embassy what they say about it, maybe in a few days you can get one and don't need to leave Thailand.

Both Australia and New Zealand have urged their country's nationals to return home, citing the fact that commercial flights are being cancelled. For those who don't act quickly, goodness knows what is coming...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Both Australia and New Zealand have urged their country's nationals to return home, citing the fact that commercial flights are being cancelled. For those who don't act quickly, goodness knows what is coming...

eg: QANTAS have withdrawn 90% of their overseas flights.

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Suggesting overstay, is the most stupid thing to do! 

overstay is not allways a bad idea.

his chances of getting caugth are very slim.

anyway he will stay at his room most of the time, as the whole world

is closed.

than when he leaves, after 3-4 weeks or months, he just pay the fine and

can get a cheaper flight home.

this might even save his lives because france is going to hell soon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, thaiboy84 said:

my flight to France has been cancelled

You should be able to book a flight.

For example TG 930 is in the air now.

There's a QR flight via DOH (QR 0835/QR 0039) on Monday, 23 March, 17,675 all in.

There are still quite a few options but don't spend time posting on the internet, book a ticket and fly out ASAP.

What was your flight (carrier, flight no. and routing) which was canceled?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Depends where you are but Myanmar is still open. 

Anyone from Italy, Iran, France, Spain or Germany — or anyone who has visited those countries in the last 14 days — need a similar medical certificate to fly and will be quarantined in a Myanmar public hospital for 14 days after arriving.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-travel-restrictions.html

20 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Think can still go to Vietnam ok.

Definitely not. Vietnam is basically closed to westerners for 30 days and you'd need to fly there or pass through Laos or Cambodia first. What the OP and everyone in his situation needs is an open border with a direct neighboring country that can be accessed by road.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Definitely not. Vietnam is basically closed to westerners for 30 days and you'd need to fly there or pass through Laos or Cambodia first. What the OP and everyone in his situation needs is an open border with a direct neighboring country that can be accessed by road.

I did a visa run at Phu Nam Ron Thai-Myanmar border this monday. No problems there. Payed 960THB. All done in 45 minutes. Maybe a option.

• Like 1