All Pattaya entertainment venues to close for 14 days

webfact

2 week closure, perhaps longer, will negatively affect my friends, Thai and Foreigners, who own bars.  

It sucks for me too: I'm stuck in Korea and with the air travel rules for entering Thailand it's not pleasurable to travel from here to LOS.  Most bars and nightclubs here have temporarily closed, same same with restaurants; not sure about massage shops since they are too expensive (>KRW90,000 per) for me to visit.  

A 2 week temporary closure will not bring in money but the WISE business man/woman will use the time to improve their business, e.g., clean, sanitize, make repairs/improvements, evaluate current and future inventory, add credit card machines, etc.  

I emphasize the wise business man/ woman will see this time as an opportunity to benefit their businesses and livelihoods.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

The police are gonna miss out on their brown envelopes...

Nope, because the money which goes up the chain must be satisfied, without fail.  The brown envelopes will still be required from those who provide them.   

Same same here in Korea. 

• Like 2

I think this will be a good excuse for a lot of bars that struggle during low season to close down and send staff home and blame the COVID19 and then open during high season again .. it make sense 

• Like 1

I just spoke to my wife on the phone.  It seems that the Chinese whispers of the virus originating from the US and planted on the Chinese are now doing the rounds.  She saw this on the news! This government are truly stuck in China’s pocket.

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Followed by a Windows virus alert uwhen you click on any profiles...

Who cares? 

Farangs are so addicted to the sight of sweet bar girls that business will go on for a while, even if the Farang is in Farangistan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VBF said:
10 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

whores? I just wanna remind you there is no such thing as prosecution in Thailand.

No prosecution?

What do the Thai lawyers do then?????

Edited 5 minutes ago by VBF

Use short-time hotels.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

I just spoke to my wife on the phone.  It seems that the Chinese whispers of the virus originating from the US and planted on the Chinese are now doing the rounds.  She saw this on the news! This government are truly stuck in China’s pocket.

I believe that whisper is true.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3