PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

12 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Get real, back in the UK they neither know or care that we exist. As for the local British Embassy.... dont hold your breath waiting for help.

Agreed. To my knowledge the current UK stance is that it is the responsibility of airlines to get people back, not Government, if the airline cancelled existing flights, and really this has long been the general UK Government leaning regards UK nationals overseas. UK Government is similar to the U.S angle on things, than say France, Italy and similar who negotiate hostage release quietly behind the scenes etc.

Brits are left to it, unless high enough profile people to warrant a rescue attempt and this branches out into overseas policy overall.

My flight from here was cancelled but has been rescheduled. Anyone who has arrived here recently and doesn't have a return flight already to warrant any duty of care for them, they really really need to get something booked fast because all resources are understandably focused on the UK at the moment, not on having to arrange extremely expensive repatriation of people jollying about on beaches when the seriousness of the situation is well known. Only Germany is arranging flying citizens home, i believe. 

Old wasted morons like Prayut, who were educated before critical thinking was taught at schools, and who usurped power through violence, must be crapping in their pants about corona virus.

14 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Likely as not its probably at that stage already given its proliferation pattern in other countries .. It was all part of the sham in Thailand that they had to maintain the public face that it was not serious and they had it sussed with some in power even suggesting it would be under control in the next month or so .. But reality the was always going to be different once it started to proliferate hence the increasing panic within Gov the last week or so .. From here on in the best policy for any Government but especially this one should be one of honesty and transparency .. Continuing with this saving face posture is only going to come back and haunt them if it gets really out of hand .. 

I believe that thailand still has some freedom of speech and open press. If the condition was so much worse as stated would not the hospitals be packed behind capacity with media reporting so????....

• Sad 1

It's ironic really that Thailand put so much faith in Chinese tourism and that very nationality has destroyed it...... Sadly it looks as though tourism's on the back burner and survival is now at the forefront........   I can't help thinking that Thailand courted this calamity by its callous treatment of other nationalities giving priority to the Chinese......." Be careful what you wish for comes to mind "..............   

Edited by SupermarineS6B
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

the majority of the countries around the world already closed their borders, stopping any in and out flights but here they are still thinking about it, ready but no doing it, why is it, here greed is always put ahead of peoples well being

it's certainly going to get interesting for many. UK have now stopped rescue missions generally and you are required to use commercial flights that dont exist. So by leaving any country soon you will risk being denied entry at arrival (unless it's your home country) and refused re-entry to the country you came from hence as I said in another post - internment. If you have left it to now you have left it too late. You need to rely on amnesties or just remaining illegal (eventual internment).

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Stopping flights from China, Hong Kong Macau etc when he had the chance would have been a good idea

and how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ would have been the loss.... here, greed prevails over safety

• Like 1

14 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I said the same thing at dinner with my family last night as well. Maybe a bright side to getting him and his clowns out. 

Be careful what you wish for!

Anutin would be odds on to be PM next!

30 minutes ago, craigieboy1973 said:

Of course thailand is centre of world farang  only money ... havent you been yet lol

@thaiwrath, Prayers, or praying, are a total joke.  People have been praying since the beginning of the Coronavirus threat to the present.   Get real people: the prayers aren't working to solve the CV problem!  The prayers will NEVER solve a problem, real or imaginary.  Either Mother Nature or Science will solve the Coronavirus problem. 

SORRY Cragieboy, you were not my target for my response.   My apologies. ????

Edited by Lipoman
Response to wrong poster.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lipoman said:

Prayers, or praying, are a total joke.  People have been praying since the beginning of the Coronavirus threat to the present.   Get real people: the prayers aren't working to solve the CV problem!  The prayers will NEVER solve a problem, real or imaginary.  Either Mother Nature or Science will solve the Coronavirus problem. 

You don’t say! 

1 hour ago, Lissos said:

Agreed. To my knowledge the current UK stance is that it is the responsibility of airlines to get people back, not Government, if the airline cancelled existing flights, and really this has long been the general UK Government leaning regards UK nationals overseas. UK Government is similar to the U.S angle on things, than say France, Italy and similar who negotiate hostage release quietly behind the scenes etc.

Brits are left to it, unless high enough profile people to warrant a rescue attempt and this branches out into overseas policy overall.

My flight from here was cancelled but has been rescheduled. Anyone who has arrived here recently and doesn't have a return flight already to warrant any duty of care for them, they really really need to get something booked fast because all resources are understandably focused on the UK at the moment, not on having to arrange extremely expensive repatriation of people jollying about on beaches when the seriousness of the situation is well known. Only Germany is arranging flying citizens home, i believe. 

@Lissos, Can the UK Gov't fly their citizens to the U.K. and send a bill each passenger who was repatriated?  UK citizens can go home with minimal delay; the Gov't will be reimbursed by the end of the month.  Simple solution.  Your thoughts?