PM ready to close Thai borders to entry if virus situation worsens to Stage 3

snoop1130

17 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Give it time. Outside of the cities the cases will skyrocket and possibly millions will die. But keep that happy thought.

The population of Thailand is very similar to the UK and the scientific community in the UK are predicting 500,000+ deaths if 80% of the population get infected (1% across the board fatalities according to the Chinese data). There is no cure at the moment and not in the foreseeable future so 80% is a very realistic estimate.

Edited by cryo

43 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

We are like, we are in the hot climate zone where the virus has less strength, indeed prevention is the best Lock the borders and stop what ever transportation now .
Everybody at home for 3 weeks ! 

No data agrees with that scenario although sunlight creating vitamin D boosts your immune system slightly which may be leading to slightly reduced noticeable infections but at the moment this is only a suggestion. Another suggestion is some of the colder (European/Australasian/Canada countries have a higher government truth score) and this may be causing this data anomaly. Normally I would include the USA in this group but I'm sure you are aware of the reason I do not.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cereal said:

Laos has closed its borders as well as schools and other large public gatherings. Pi Mai (Song Kran) celebrations have been cancelled.

What the heck is Thailand waiting for?

Songkran and the sun of course .. Are you stupid .... But you must spend spend spend and make sure you dont shower .. Don’t know why the world isn’t listening ... Common Denominator for majority of spread is leading back to Thailand .. How can that be “;0) ... Asking for a sick friend 

According the the news site we cannot link - health certificates are needed for all nationalities now as well as health insurance up to $ 100000 us - all borders to close . The article does not mention when this will be enforced 

22 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Maye get a haircut and drop the mascara? Might help? Just putting it out there.

And the stud necklace.....a nice tie might help.

I wouldn't bank on it "mon ami". A few years ago i turned up there in my Blazer, Regimental tie, pressed flannels and highly polished brogues. i got lots of grins and salutes from the Gurkha Security boys, but once inside they still looked at me like something left on the pavement by a soi dog!

Edited by JAG

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:
On 3/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, CLS said:

Happened to many people that are not qualified for their jobs. It’s called Burnout!

Ah yes. That will be why Boris Johnson looks frazzled and tired too then

Even Trump starts loosing his orange tint lately...result of too many daily briefings where he has to repeat same word in every half-sentence: "we are dealing with an enemy that is invisible, we are going to find this war again this invisible enemy and we are going to win this invisible enemy, this enemy who is invisible and we have to fight it with the best ..." hand gesturing to his corona gaggle of yes-men/women, I mean, "task-force."

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How do you come to that conclusion? Those outside of the cities are far safer as they aren't mixing with crowds of potential carriers. That's the very reason they are closing everywhere down in the cities. I feel far safer in Nakon Nowhere than I would in Bangkok. I think you've maybe been in Thailand too long and have become infected - with Thai logic ????

You do realise the post I was referring to was about India and not Thailand?

On 3/18/2020 at 8:13 PM, Lacessit said:

IMO no-one will be prevented from leaving Thailand, just returning.

Don't be so sure...I'm currently in India and they announced all international flights are suspended from 22-29 March. I was planning to go back to Samui during this time, now I'm stuck here.

15 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Don't be so sure...I'm currently in India and they announced all international flights are suspended from 22-29 March. I was planning to go back to Samui during this time, now I'm stuck here.

worse places to be stuck in.... actually no, is that the worst place? unless that's you country ? 

13 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Yes I was there at 7 30am .Now at cheang wattana. I have a valid non o 1 yr from Savannakhet just to clarify which should normally give 90 day entry. Now can only get a 30 day extension

This looks like normal procedure to me.

When re-entering Thailand on a valid 1-year ME Non Imm O Visa, border-immigration will stamp a 90-day permission to stay in your passport.

When applying in-country for an extension of stay at the end of the 90-day permission to stay period, you can get 60 days for reason of visiting your thai wife, or 30 days for reason of retirement.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Millcx said:

Tell that to the Northern Italians who won’t breath again .. good luck ... Ring a Ring a Roses

Ring around the Roseys, pocket full of posies.  Ashes, ashes—we all fall DOWN!

Sadly, with Wuhan Virus, we sing it just as valid today.

• Like 2