Thailand to tighten entry rules for all nationalities in virus fight

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

I asked my clinic if the doctor could assess me for a certificate for travel and he said they don't issue them. here in UK.

You have no chance whatsoever of getting a 'free of COVID 19' certificate in the UK, 'free of fever' maybe if you can find a doctor with the time and willing to issue one.

Thai Air are still running 2 flights a day London to Bangkok, how are any non Thai citizens boarding these flights?

If you do not already have travel insurance you are unlikely to be able to buy any, the big players (e.g. the Post Office) have ceased issuing any new policies.

• Like 1

So here is the $64,000 Dollar question.  Where in ones insurance policy will it say "Covered for Corona Virus, COVID-19", Unless its a specific policy, another money maker for the MOPH and Thailand, a general policy will never include what sicknesses, illnesses are covered.  Maybe I am wrong, but I looked all over my Pacific Cross Policy book, and never did I see a named virus listed.  Called my agent, and yes your covered if you are sick and require medical care was the answer.....so there you have it, just my take on the COVID Policy.  I can sure see someone having a 100,000 USD HI policy and a medical certificate being denied entry because it does not say COVID-19 in the HI Policy......

12 hours ago, calbts2 said:

Thailand is closing down now. Foreigners that leave now will have a very difficult if not impossible time to get back in.

Trump said come home now or dont come back.   Of when its all said n done you can come back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smedly said:

my understanding is that medical insurance now excludes COVID-19

Exactly... Plus people are being urged to only visit their GP if it’s an emergency & “I want to go on holiday to Thailand” doesn’t really count as an emergency

IMHO its socially irresponsible to take up Medical professionals time to get these certificate so governments should ban all but essential travel to Thailand to prevent people wasting valuable resources time. 

• Like 2

just close the dam borders! seems they still want to encourage the well off in and profit a little during this mess. Seriously, close the borders for the duration, forget border running and make a special stamp for passports or something. Lets face it no one is really travelling at the moment.

All the myanmar builders can take a holiday. Whats the issue?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Even before these last few silly restrictions, anyone considering travelling to Thailand in the last few weeks is nuts

I hate think how many foriegners in Thailand will soon get caught on overstay, not being able to cross borders or get visas and such.

I wouldn't even want to be lining up for an extension at an Immigrations office right now.

I hope im wrong, but i think its going to become an absolute nightmare for foreigners being at the mercy of a psycho racist government, with all the flip flopping and idiot decisions they will be coming up with.

You cant even trust them at the best of times.

IMO, Anyone still there with no urgent business or no Thai family is nuts if they havent got out already.

Id be getting out ASAP!

Yet Prayuth and his cronies obviously still think people are still desperately clambering to get into the country.

That alone tells you what absolute morons they are.

Thai teens withs guns and machetes looking to get high. Who has the money.......know what i mean

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, keemapoot said:

The Thai Embassy in Tokyo states this will be effective from the 21st of March with respect to the health certificate, but as of yet there is no stated date for the proof of insurance coverage. The health certificate merely has to be a "fit to fly" certificate and state you have no fever or other symptoms, but does not require exactly that you have been tested and proven free from Covid-19, which would be impossible for most people.

In any event, this is pretty difficult for most people anyway, and almost impossible for many people coming from countries that do not have these available in English language. 

* Just reading a social media comment - A Thai spoke to the Okaka Thai consulate and they insisted it had to be a Covid-19 certificate. Obviously, this is very expensive, or just mostly not available in most places for a discretionary purposes like this. Another brilliant policy move.

I looked on the Thai embassy yesterday and the "fit to fly" is only applicable to Thai's coming back to Thailand you as a foreigner need the medical certificate on check in

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I have no idea as I have no interest in such insurance, the point being the statement made was untrue, and that Insurance IS available.

I agree but isn't the point of the restriction is for those who want to 'ENTER "  Thailand are the one at immigration once off the flight must present the Medical Certification and the Health Insurance coverage 100,000.

If that is the case where does one get the medical policy coming from the U.S. for 100,000 baht or 100,000 USD?

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Thanks, I'm going to give that a try. Beg for an extension. Wish me luck.

Good luck, there is a thread on here about Thailand taking action on extensions for people who are unable to travel back to their home country so hopefully you’ll get some form of extension to tide you over.

you mention you were planning to go to Laos for your border hop, I’m sure I read on here that Laos has suspended visitor Visas so best to check & have a plan B (Malaysia & Vietnam would seem to be closed but Myanmar or Cambodia might be an option) 

Good Luck, hope everything works out for you ????????

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I agree but isn't the point of the restriction is for those who want to 'ENTER "  Thailand are the one at immigration once off the flight must present the Medical Certification and the Health Insurance coverage 100,000.

If that is the case where does one get the medical policy coming from the U.S. for 100,000 baht or 100,000 USD?

Twelve pages on (and a good sleep later), it appears that a lot of people haven't realized that by making it mandatory for foreigners to obtain not one but two documents that AFAIK do not exist or when they do, will probably be impossible to procure within 72-hours of planned touch down in Thailand, the Thai government has succeeded in finding a way of preventing foreigners even getting on a Thai-bound plane.

Boxes checked, next?

• Like 1

Who wants to go on vacation if they have to quarantined for 14 days, 21 is more

like what is the real danger period.  Bars and lots of eating places closed. Plus

many countries Airlines are stopping interational travel.  In Canada,

West Jet and  Air Canada are stopping their International routes, so is

Quantas,  and soon  lots more will follow.  I am glad to be back home and have

10 to 20 more days to isolate.  Unfortunately many younger travellers are not

doing that, and the virus is spreading in Canada and the USA.  Ignorant people

will keep spreading the virus for a while longer. I just hope that the governments

will soon make everyone realize how serious the situation is.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
errors
  • Like 1

this will discourage many who are entertaining ideas of visiting thailand, like myself.  it would be a shame to get all the necessaries,  buy a ticket, fly 20 hours and arrive in bkk only to be told that some document doesn't have an i dotted or a t crossed.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Twelve pages on (and a good sleep later), it appears that a lot of people haven't realized that by making it mandatory for foreigners to obtain not one but two documents that AFAIK do not exist or when they do, will probably be impossible to procure within 72-hours of planned touch down in Thailand, the Thai government has succeeded in finding a way of preventing foreigners even getting on a Thai-bound plane.

Boxes checked, next?

I agree but like many things people read and comprehend what they want?  Personally, myself I could obtain the certification since I have a number of family member in the medical practice, another nephew ranked high in the Department of Health in a major West coast city which I could get tested. But like you said 72 hours? put that with obtaining a medical policy since there isn't a Thai bank in my city in the States that is selling health insurance for the virus!  So does one tell the Immigration officer let me in and I will go get one and return?

Reality,  not bashing what comes out of these leaders mouth in general is just stupid and nonsense. They don't live in the real world like 99% of people. The live in their comfy life all protected at the expense of their own people. Like everything else they open their mouth don't think twice grasping for answer and leading by monkey see monkey do!????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

this will discourage many who are entertaining ideas of visiting thailand, like myself.  it would be a shame to get all the necessaries,  buy a ticket, fly 20 hours and arrive in bkk only to be told that some document doesn't have an i dotted or a t crossed.  

You wont have to worry to fly 20 hours just to get denied as they wont even let you board the plane unless you have those two requirements as the new mandate was sent to all airlines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

Incorrect! My Cigna coverage is fine, in fact they just sent me an advisory mail telling me I was covered.

i used to have cigna, here in california.  i was scheduled for a knee replacement.  cigna sent me a letter, saying that the facility where the surgery would be done was out of network, but that they would cover it anyway.   so i had the surgery, it went well.  the facility where it was done sent cigna a bill for 36,000 dollars.    cigna said  nope, not gonna pay it.    they simply refused to pay.  i had to pay several thousand dollars out of pocket for the surgeon and the anesthesiologist.   fortunately,  the facility with the 36K bill did not come after me for their money.  they could have done so, legally.    cigna are scumbags, i would not trust them for anything. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Indeed, the charming health minister mentioned in the CNA interview last night that Thailand was reluctant to receive foreign visitors right now. By requiring a form that is impossible for people to obtain they've effectively closed the door. 

And why not, many other countries already have..sensible thing to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1