Flying in to swampy tomorrow ?

Just seen the news about the health certificate and insurance

on the Thai site, it states it starting on midnight 22nd 

anyone know anything different .??

if it’s correct, got to book and fly from the UK to  arrive in the afternoon  of the 21st

but don’t want to get turned away

just got told by Thai friend, news and tv confirms these dates and times, but I never trust thai immigration to follow these rules

fingers crossed, got to get packed and ready , cos if not, stuck here in cold Uk with my Thai lady too, till god knows when !

thanks

• Sad 3

please have your doctors cert, health insurance and mask on and hand gel and personal alcohol spray on hand as they may require.

do you have a fever  ?

better stay where you are for now .... everyone has been told to stay put by most countries ...

Edited by steven100
  • Like 2

Heres my experience.. I just ran for the next plane also.. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154059-medical-certificate-for-boarding/#comments

Thailand immigration did nothing.. Not even asked about my paperwork, checked my temp et despite me being from a 'country of ongoing local transmission' and having been through 2 others in last 72 hours before boarding. No app install, no T8 form, no insurance, no disease control officer contact, it was all a lie. 

The issue will be the airlines, Thailand has shifted the responsibility to the airlines for boarding. If you can get an airline to fly you, you will likely be let in once you get here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Heres my experience.. I just ran for the next plane also.. 

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154059-medical-certificate-for-boarding/#comments

Thailand immigration did nothing.. Not even asked about my paperwork, checked my temp et despite me being from a 'country of ongoing local transmission' and having been through 2 others in last 72 hours before boarding. No app install, no T8 form, no insurance, no disease control officer contact, it was all a lie. 

The issue will be the airlines, Thailand has shifted the responsibility to the airlines for boarding. If you can get an airline to fly you, you will likely be let in once you get here. 

Thanks

Qatar stated no problems as arriving before deadline

on my way now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks

on my way now

My 30 day voa + extension ends on Thursday and I'm thinking about hopping a plane to Cambodia today, then hopping on another plane to come back before the deadline with a new voa. That gives me 2 months (w/ ext) to isolate myself at home in Jomtien and wait for the smoke to clear. Question is... will Cambodia let me in and give me a voa? Either that or overstay and pray they don't ban. <deleted>ty choices.

Just now, Chicagoan said:

My 30 day voa + extension ends on Thursday and I'm thinking about hopping a plane to Cambodia today, then hopping on another plane to come back before the deadline with a new voa. That gives me 2 months (w/ ext) to isolate myself at home in Jomtien and wait for the smoke to clear. Question is... will Cambodia let me in and give me a voa? Either that or overstay and pray they don't ban. <deleted>ty choices.

Doubt you'll be able to get a flight out of Cambodia now.

Doubt if Cambodia will let you in now either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Doubt you'll be able to get a flight out of Cambodia now.

Doubt if Cambodia will let you in now either.

Plenty of flights available, but you may or may not be correct on Cambodia. It would be so nice if there were a phone number to call.

2020-03-21_0931.png

10 minutes ago, Chicagoan said:

Plenty of flights available, but you may or may not be correct on Cambodia. It would be so nice if there were a phone number to call.

AirAsia were bloody useless.

After the email cancelling 1/2 my flight booking (cancel REP-DMK, didn't cancel DMK-CNX) even though it was a 'fly-thru'.

No other information or suggestions offered at all, Just "Sorry, we've cancelled your return flight".

Air Asia app completely stopped working, frozen all evening.

Air Asia Office, wouldn't commit to anything, wouldn't let me buy a ticket, wouldn't refund or alter existing ticket.

(You have to use the app ............. but it doesn't work ....... not our problem .... you could try at the airport)

Nobody at the airport had a clue, nobody at the Air Asia offices, locked and lights off.

Finally the Air Asia check-in guy at the Airport, who opened the check-in line, was really helpful and arranged everything for me in 5 minutes with some typing on his computer.

"Show me your original booking, show me you cancellation email" ....... click, click, click job done.

I thought the age of having to run around in person to get stuff done was over?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, justaphase said:

What if you fly there and suddenly can't get back? Great place to be stranded.

Stay put and stay safe. Health is more important than visa. I wouldn't use ANY public transport now.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. This situation really sucks big, fat donkey balls.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

After the email cancelling 1/2 my flight booking (cancel REP-DMK, didn't cancel DMK-CNX) even though it was a 'fly-thru'.

No other information or suggestions offered at all, Just "Sorry, we've cancelled your return flight".

Air Asia Office, wouldn't commit to anything, wouldn't let me buy a ticket, wouldn't refund or alter existing ticket.

(You have to use the app ............. but it doesn't work ....... not our problem .... you could try at the airport)

Nobody at the airport had a clue, nobody at the Air Asia offices, locked and lights off.

Finally the Air Asia check-in guy at the Airport, who opened the check-in line, was really helpful and arranged everything for me in 5 minutes with some typing on his computer.

"Show me your original booking, show me you cancellation email" ....... click, click, click job done.

Good info. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I had bit of different experience. 

Yes the online Robot name AVA is stuffed.

I had 2 flights to Japan cancelled. 

When I returned from Saigon last Monday 16, I went to AirAsia office. It's level 3 DMX.

Had to wait 20 mins but the chick was great. Filled in all banking details etc. Note refund will take one month+

Have 3 flights over next couple months to Saigon. Since Monday Vietnam has changed a lot. Those flights most likely won't be cancelled but with new changes also in Thailand you wouldn't want to travel.

Jetstar were also good. Had cancelled return flight BKK to Melbourne. That was done online and just now had update email from them that the process is under the pump. Refund delays expected. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks

on my way now

Good luck man. 

My situation was difficult as I had just left on a land based (car) work journey to europe from the UK. I had to make a best guess, refuse to give my passport to the Dutch Thai embassy (who said it would be posted back 5 days later) decide to take huge multi 100k losses on European work, and run.. Last weekend things were beginning but the Italy situation was more under control and European lock downs had not started yet. 

Friends said I was panicking, yet the french borders and then Belgium locked down the day after I got through, wales issued me a visa on the spot, and I found a plane the next day.. 4 days of running, 1 day of flying and I made it with a day and a half to spare before the lockdown hits.

Good job I 'panicked' !! 

Edited by LivinLOS

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Do you reckon the sheer dynamics of a global pandemic may have had something to do with your runaround?

You'd think they could have offered alternative seats on a half empty flight at the very least.

There's no lack of staff sitting in Air Asia offices and shops playing on their phones.

(3 in the shop I entered)

It's just poor business practice.

I'd have phoned people up and offered them the vacant seats.

Somewhere in the computer is a list of names of people whose flights they just cancelled with their email and phone number.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Good luck man. 

My situation was difficult as I had just left on a land based (car) work journey to europe from the UK. I had to make a best guess, refuse to give my passport to the Dutch Thai embassy (who said it would be posted back 5 days later) decide to take huge multi 100k losses on European work, and run.. Last weekend things were beginning but the Italy situation was more under control and European lock downs had not started yet. 

Friends said I was panicking, yet the french borders and then Belgium locked down the day after I got through, wales issued me a visa on the spot, and I found a plane the next day.. 4 days of running, 1 day of flying and I made it with a day and a half to spare before the lockdown hits.

Good job I 'panicked' !! 

Running with the sounds of doors slamming shut behind you.

An Aussie guy I worked with last year in Myanmar kicked off a project in Italy in January before taking the roadshow to Albania. After a month, the situation in Italy in February made rotational crew changes untenable. In March, the client finally decided to suspend the project. He got out of Tirane just before the army mobilized to enforce their lock down. He spent a fraught few hours on layover in Istanbul while homeward flights were patched around the dwindling flights and various restrictions and closures in far east travel hubs. He arrived back home in Perth WA on the first morning of the Australian mandatory 14-day home-alone program. Four days door-to-door travel with his heart mostly in his mouth but he says he's never felt happier to be back home.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You'd think they could have offered alternative seats on a half empty flight at the very least.

There's no lack of staff sitting in Air Asia offices and shops playing on their phones.

Somewhere in the computer is a list of names of people whose flights they just cancelled with their email and phone number.

In the same way as you can't get a refund or reschedule if your plans change, giving over empty seats on another flight without charging for them goes against the LCC's business model when there's no global health crisis.

Everything is done via app and website. The fact that the app appears to have collapsed under the excess volume of users was probably another unexpected facet of passenger panic. I reckon like most carriers, they are more about trying to get their empty planes to where they think they need to be when the inevitable 'nobody can fly anywhere' scenario is 100% complete, maybe by this time next week.

Glad that you dodged the bullet though.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It doesn't work that way. Just for one example only. One of my flights DMK to Kansai was cancelled. Fly out march 18 return April 2. Cancelled few weeks back.

3 option available. One was "FREE flight change fee but not including FARE DIFFERENCE. Later I checked flights AA same route. I could have re booked march 18 return not April 2 but April 1.

The kicker....the flights were more than double normal price and my original price.

Pack of AH,s

Added note. GF reakons she just read AirAsia stopping international flights. She is normally pretty good in that regard (only her info). 

Edited by DrJack54

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

I stated in another thread that Thai are serious embarrassment to themselves. In crisis times the rules need to be be very clear and precise. Au and NZ and other countries have done that. By contrast Thai play around with medicals and insurance. No wonder people confused and making them a laughing stock.

It is perfectly normal to ask for insurance during a pandemic, you are making yourself a looking not too smart.