Flying in to swampy tomorrow ?

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

It is perfectly normal to ask for insurance during a pandemic, you are making yourself a looking not too smart.

Your opinion. Bit of the map but we are entitled to have.

Many Thai currently overseas on holidays and require nonsense medical certificate to return. Can you provide a link to another country that has issued these 2 requirements. 

I haven't read a post where someone has outlined experience of obtaining medical and what was involved. 

The actual testing is simple. Can even be done drive through. It's the results (pathology) that takes time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your opinion. Bit of the map but we are entitled to have.

Many Thai currently overseas on holidays and require nonsense medical certificate to return. Can you provide a link to another country that has issued these 2 requirements. 

I haven't read a post where someone has outlined experience of obtaining medical and what was involved. 

The actual testing is simple. Can even be done drive through. It's the results (pathology) that takes time. 

I am talking about insurance, something you would need in more countries if you want a visa.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

even Thais need certificate AND visit their embassy and get a piece of paper saying they are thai (you think a passport would be enough?)

3d161392b43438f49c939133e07d755b.jpg

"1. Check passengers’ health certificate certifying that the passengers pose no risk of being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19). The health certificate must be issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel."

Would it be correct to say that the above means that the certification does not have to include a negative microbiological test result for SARS-COV-2, only a doctor's confirmation that the person shows no signs of having COVID-19?

"pose no risk of being infected" seems to be a wrong translation, because every person, without exception, can potentially get infected. The degree of likelihood of getting infected depends on the person's behaviour, ie efforts made to avoid getting infected.

Is there an official government form with the English text for this COVID-19 health certificate?

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

I am talking about insurance, something you would need in more countries if you want a visa.

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Say what??

Many folk would already have a reentry permit.

Thai citizens do not need visa. They just need return from holiday. 

Your "not too smart comment" bit embarrassing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maestro said:

"1. Check passengers’ health certificate certifying that the passengers pose no risk of being infected by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19). The health certificate must be issued no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel."

Would it be correct to say that the above means that the certification does not have to include a negative microbiological test result for SARS-COV-2, only a doctor's confirmation that the person shows no signs of having COVID-19?

"pose no risk of being infected" seems to be a wrong translation, because every person, without exception, can potentially get infected. The degree of likelihood of getting infected depends on the person's behaviour, ie efforts made to avoid getting infected.

Is there an official government form with the English text for this COVID-19 health certificate?

Maestro. In some threads the form has been posted. The catch 22 is the statement something like "has tested negative for covid-19.

I fail to see how that can be signed within 72 hours prior to flight

6 minutes ago, Maestro said:

The rules are a fit to fly for Thais, or a lab test result for non Thais. 

The IATA database is what the airlines use. This information is whats sent to airlines and issued for boarding control staff. 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

HAILAND - published 20.03.2020
Items 1 and 2 are effective 00:00 local time 22 March 2020:
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

• Like 1

I do not know how this medical cert. can be so easy for some people here. Might depend on the country.

A close relative of mine was in Spain and now needed to do a test when returning to Germany for work. Test result is not here yet after 6 days.

Also they only test emergencies, people with strong symptoms and when it is required (e.g. by the employer as in this case).

Also I still do not understand the health insurance requirement: does it specifically need to state "cover for corona"? I have no idea how to return to Thailand with these requirements. That "Frank" broker who sells "corona insurance" is only up to 1M THB.

Those who know how, please share your knowledge instead of boasting how easy it is. I do not go back now but preparation is necessary.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Say what??

Many folk would already have a reentry permit.

Thai citizens do not need visa. They just need return from holiday. 

Your "not too smart comment" bit embarrassing.

Thai's don't need insurance as they have the 30 thb scheme. Having a reentry permit doesn't mean you don't need insurance.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

The medical insurance is asked from foreigners, not from Thais ( they have the 30 THB scheme). 

I didnt say they did.. 

They must produce a fit to fly notice, to come back from any where in the world.. Not every Thai has access to a Thai embassy and certainly not in the timelines or possible flight options available to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Thai's don't need insurance as they have the 30 thb scheme. Having a reentry permit doesn't mean you don't need insurance.

Post facts not rubbish. Can I connect you to my Thai friends in Japan. Airline interpretation may be different than your nonsense. Still better take a trip to Tokyo and see how you go on return flight 

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Post facts not rubbish. Can I connect you to my Thai friends in Japan. Airline interpretation may be different than your nonsense. Still better take a trip to Tokyo and see how you go on return flight 

"THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

The above is what airlines can check.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

"THAILAND - published 20.03.2020
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular."

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

The above is what airlines can check.

Thanks Ubonjoe. As you know the forums appreciate your input so much.

At ground level Thai currently in Japan are VERY confused. For those not familiar with Japan, English is very limited. Far more than in Thailand. 

Anyway I hope Thai citizens can return soon. Thinking Thai gov bit harsh on own citizens.

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

The rules are a fit to fly for Thais, or a lab test result for non Thais. 

The IATA database is what the airlines use. This information is whats sent to airlines and issued for boarding control staff. 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

HAILAND - published 20.03.2020
1. Nationals of Thailand must have a 'FIT TO FLY' medical certificate issued by a Thai Embassy or Consular.
2. All passengers other than nationals of Thailand must have:
- a Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 to prove they are free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The Health Certificate and Lab Test COVID-19 must be valid for not more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- a medical insurance with coverage of 100,000 USD.

That's tough, because in this context "Lab Test COVID-19" can probably only be interpreted to mean a lab test for SARS-Cov-2.  It only remains to be seen how strictly the check-in staff will enforce this requirement.

• Thanks 1

I searched Google Images for examples of Covid-19 health certificates required by other countries and found those of Germany and Austria, with identical texts. They are more precise, specifically mentioning a test "for the presence of SARS-CoV-2":

https://infothek.bmvit.gv.at/assets/uploads/2020/03/Verordnung-Einreise-aus-Risikogebieten-Beilage-B.pdf

24 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

1.  The edict didn't come from the PM's office, the government or even the mercurial DPM/Minister of Public Health. It came via the CAA of Thailand... a previously unconcerned third party. So the PM, the government and even the guy with the health portfolio have already distanced themselves from the blowback of an unpopular but very necessary travel ban.

This is just a guess, but perhaps the IATA (International Air Transport Association) needed a written communication from CAAT (Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand) in English language before adding the new requirement of the Covid-19 health certificate in their database. The notification of the Ministry of Interior in Thai language published in the Government Gazette or wherever would not have sufficed.

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

As a foreigner with work permit I have that 30 Baht scheme, too (which I never used as I also have a private insurance). 

As I did not use my private insurance up to the former limit of 4 mio. baht, i reduced cover to be 2 Mio. THB  - the requirement now to enter the country is 3+ Mio.

Has anybody an idea if my (currently) 2 Mio. B. cover plus the 30 Baht scheme  is sufficient to enter or may could cause a problem when I want to return to Thailand?

Edited by Prince77
tired and drunk

9 hours ago, cerox said:

Also I still do not understand the health insurance requirement: does it specifically need to state "cover for corona"? I have no idea how to return to Thailand with these requirements. That "Frank" broker who sells "corona insurance" is only up to 1M THB.

More likely, the insurance must provide full health cover with no exception for treatment related to Covid-19 infection. If you do not already have such a policy, getting one now is virtually impossible, and you will not be returning to Thailand until entry conditions change.

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

That's tough, because in this context "Lab Test COVID-19" can probably only be interpreted to mean a lab test for SARS-Cov-2.  It only remains to be seen how strictly the check-in staff will enforce this requirement.

There will be few passengers and few flights in view of the insurance requirement which most will not be able to satisfy. All the requirements will be strictly enforced for the few flights that remain unless the check-in staff wish to lose their jobs.

• Like 1

From uk travel

All passengers will need to present a medical certificate signed by a medical professional confirming no evidence of the coronavirus infection in the previous 72 hours, and also present evidence of medical insurance of no less than US$100,000 which covers COVID-19. Failure to meet these requirements will mean passengers are not permitted to board their flight even if they are transiting airside to another international destination.

I doubt any insurance company will cover covid and I cannot see a doctor having time to do a covid test - note the transit also - so in the future you may need similar for all transit airports

7 hours ago, Prince77 said:

Has anybody an idea if my (currently) 2 Mio. B. cover plus the 30 Baht scheme  is sufficient to enter or may could cause a problem when I want to return to Thailand?

I doubt anyone knows anything for sure. But the IATA regulations state clearly what is required of 'All other than Thai Nationals'.....

• Thanks 1