WHO praises Thailand for its efforts to contain COVID-19

rooster59

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Your argument is not really logical. Nobody is saying half of Thailand is infected now. The more real question is whether or not people believe the still very low official numbers. I don't. Do much more testing nationally and you will see much higher numbers. This basic fact has already been proven internationally. 

Logic doesn't really come into it. It is not like the test would mean you get prescribed the right treatment. I am not saying the information is not useful but bottom line is that the testing is only really fodder for the number crunchers.

The UK have been testing around 5000 a day and with about 150 deaths do you really think they are any better off. The Thais only want to know if they are going to live or die, and if they can live without the cost of a test and hospitalisation that would be the preferred option.

if people do not like the way they approach things then they should reconsider their surroundings, continual criticism doesn't help anyone.

10 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

I prefer to call it the WooHoo Flu.  

Covid-19 is the WHO-concocted, CCP approved descriptor that hides China’s role in spreading the virus worldwide.

Xi Wuhan flu pandemic. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The World Health Organization’s representative in Thailand has praised Thailand for its ability, to date, to contain the spread of COVID-19...

"To date" is the key phrase.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Praises a country which should have closed it's borders weeks ago, like Russia did and who now has almost zero problems with the virus, must be an early April 1st joke. They put the whole country at risk by putting income above the nations health, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I flew into Utapoa today fro Khon Kaen, and there was  a Carpark full of Russians waiting to board their Buses for 2 weeks of Sun.

The greed and stupidity continue unabated in the Land of Smile

Russia to have a huge Covid problem coming soon.

• Like 2

A disgraceful lot of codswallop but Thailand loves to hear this rubbish.

The PM should have stopped ALL flights from China 6 weeks ago, but NO ,,,,, $$$$$$

Now he says hindsight is a wonderful thing , No SIr, I said it at the time

• Like 1