Covid-19 curfew, if imposed, should be 24-hour lockdown , says Wissanu

webfact

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Prayuth set the precedent when he illegally usurped power in the illegal coup so any laws,rules or instructions he issues are not legally binding as any free thinker would realise.

I'm sorry, but you have completely missed the point of what I am saying.

4 hours ago, Chazar said:

dont  have  a  phone  aint  playing  their  stupid  games

Me too, I had one many years ago ; I tried to teach it to fly.
It didn't like ...

As there will be no "toll" every 500 meters, it will not be difficult to have the mask at throat level and put it quickly in front of the mouth and nose just before arriving at these checks  points .

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JAG said:

I'm sorry, but you have completely missed the point of what I am saying.

I thought the point of what you were saying was that people should follow the rules and laws regardless of who they are or what they think my apologies if I got this wrong,if so would you like to explain further so I can get a clearer understanding of what exactly your point was.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

So he's ignorant because he does not want to be tracked for no good reason? Not only will tracking not provide any beneficial info to the Thai government, it is totalitarian.

I don't know the poster, but I assume for the moment that he's a guest in this country? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, faraday said:

The Proviso is, that if there's a 24 hour lockdown, 'our' friendly army will patrol the streets.

*Laugh emoji*

You can´t expect the bib´s wanting to do it!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, faraday said:

The Proviso is, that if there's a 24 hour lockdown, 'our' friendly army will patrol the streets.

*Laugh emoji*

The "friendly army" is under lockdown and can't leave their housing area's with a 21:00 curfew. Two of my Thai lady girlfriends are Thai Army ????

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I thought the point of what you were saying was that people should follow the rules and laws regardless of who they are or what they think my apologies if I got this wrong,if so would you like to explain further so I can get a clearer understanding of what exactly your point was.

That is my point, with the caveat that these are particular circumstances, which I think I clearly explained. I would also suggest that in his case, his motivation is not concern over the legitimacy of the government making those rules rather a desire to demonstrate that he knows better. Now he may know better, but: 1) to flout the rules in this way, when those amongst whom he lives is unfair, and 2) I ask that he should consider the possible repercussions of this approach upon the rest of us.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Prayuth set the precedent when he illegally usurped power in the illegal coup so any laws,rules or instructions he issues are not legally binding as any free thinker would realise.

He is invoking what appears to be a Gazetted Act, albeit one which references a previous constitution, and was signed by He Who Shall Not Be Named.

http://www.asianlii.org/th/legis/consol_act/edopaies2005582/

I suspect that the courts (Constitution/al) would back him up.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In term of what people should do, he said they should stay at home except for essential travels such as going to see a doctor.

Or going to the immigration office... to extend your visa or in my case do my 90 day address report for the 45th time... [as online doesn't work for me]

• Like 2

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

Very muddled thinking.

A 24 hour curfew but with specific times for people to all go rushing to the shops for food , ensuring the maximum numbers of people are in the same locations at the same time.

This is how it is being done in China and most other countries. Do you have a better idea?