Covid-19 curfew, if imposed, should be 24-hour lockdown , says Wissanu

webfact

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Prayuth set the precedent when he illegally usurped power in the illegal coup so any laws,rules or instructions he issues are not legally binding as any free thinker would realise.

Thankfully, you are not in a position to decide that...………..

Meanwhile, you, as a visitor and a guest in Thailand,  you do as you are told. 

Is that correct, or incorrect?

It is not up to us what Thai prople do or say, we are not Thai!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

So he's ignorant because he does not want to be tracked for no good reason? Not only will tracking not provide any beneficial info to the Thai government, it is totalitarian.

Not your country.  If things here not to your liking then pack up and move to the golden land if your birth.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Prayuth set the precedent when he illegally usurped power in the illegal coup so any laws,rules or instructions he issues are not legally binding as any free thinker would realise.

Meanwhile, he who has all the guns...

1 hour ago, NemoH said:

Singapore has no lockdown.. and it worked.

Really?

Singapore has 630 cases. Of the 73 new cases 38 were imported. The number of cases doubled in the last week.

All entertainment venues closed. If anyone travels out then comes back in they will be charged full unsubsidised rates should they be hospitalised. They also cannot claim on private insurance.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Expect alcoholism depression and suicide rate to spike, due to economic issues, loneliness among other things. 

Fully agree. There might be a few people who die of covid-19 complications in their room as well. If someone collapses in the street a rescue team will be along quickly, but if someone passes out while under lockdown alone how are they going to be helped?

It's also well documented that sunlight, fresh air and exercise are essential if someone has been infected - the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic made this very clear.

Edited by lamyai3

He obviously doesn’t understand Issan! Farmers are working fields, planting sugar and collecting fodder for the cows! A lockdown from dusk to dawn would be a great way to slow the covid-19. I read with interest Phuket has a curfew from 5pm till midnight! Why everyone will just go to bed early and party at 12:01 till dawn. 
it makes you wonder where all these scatterbrained ideas come from!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, davehowden said:

Very muddled thinking.

A 24 hour curfew but with specific times for people to all go rushing to the shops for food , ensuring the maximum numbers of people are in the same locations at the same time.

Exactly what I thought, too. If there is, say, only a 3-hour window for shopping and running errands, people are basically forced to congregate in high numbers at supermarkets and grocery shops to stock up on food and other essentials. Not really conducive to "social distancing", is it? There must be a better solution. 

7 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Like it or not they will have to implement this when they realize that they lost control. Some countries tried a soft lockdown and they don't work. 

Works very well in my home country , so far, nothing is certain at this point but the outlook is good. And calling it a soft lockdown would be quite an overstatement.

4 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

The airports may be open but dirty farang arrivals are in lock down  as i could not board my flight on 23rd march. It's your party now Thailand. Enjoy !

When you knew how things were going why did you wait until 23rd March to take a flight and then try to blame Thailand. You had plenty of notice what was happening.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NemoH said:

Singapore has no lockdown.. and it worked.

Very true, but Singaporeans trust their government who addressed the people and clearly outlined the  measures that they would implement. Comparing the Singapore government and the Thai government is like comparing oranges and lemons, very clearly the Thai government is the lemon.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

They'd be outta fags and beer by tea time , day one

thai are slow to make decision but they work on this now step by step one day every thing will be closed thai way remember here in thailand evey thing is same same but different

1 hour ago, aussienam said:

it will.  Here in Oz like many other countries we are on verge of economic collapse and forced shutdowns is equating to massive unemployment and massive loss of investments.  People crying everywhere.  Suicides WILL spike 100% for sure.  

That's why it is so damn important people don't F&$% around and ignore directives for social distancing, masks, washing hands, don't be stupid and cough into your hands - into your elbow and don't touch unnecessary things and don't blood touch your damn face.  And stay home unless you have to go out.  Just do the right thing.  Don't get infected and then go on to infect old and vulnerable and kill them.  People don't be a cocky idiot defying directives etc.  Don't be a 'COVIDIOT'

Drop the infection curve and governments will start to wind back shutdowns and we can try to salvage the damage.  Ignore it and shutdowns will get worse and worse and economy will be much much worse than GFC and even the Great Depression.  Suicides were big then.  

None of this happened with previous pandemics, i think the world has it backwards, the elderly and the vulnerable should be protected and this is for a fraction of the cost of the current thinking and the rest of us should get on with work and life with all businesses normal, we would get the virus and get over it and be protected from reinfection. otherwise this will be back next year and the year after and never ending and the cost is incalculable. the serious cases for this non vulnerable section of people is extremely low and very easy to manage.

Total 24/7 curfews for everyone do not work in a country like Thailand, UK, US, Australia because the produce for the consumer must be delivered to the area by someone who is working during the hours of the curfew.

Thailand: most of the vegetables are grown on the Chang Rai/Nan area and they must be picked, packed and transported to the central distribution point and unloaded onto the various trucks for delivery to the outlying areas where they are then loaded onto smaller trucks to be delivered to the local area and shops.

If everyone is on 24/7 curfew then there is no food available.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johno49 said:

None of this happened with previous pandemics, i think the world has it backwards, the elderly and the vulnerable should be protected and this is for a fraction of the cost of the current thinking and the rest of us should get on with work and life with all businesses normal, we would get the virus and get over it and be protected from reinfection. otherwise this will be back next year and the year after and never ending and the cost is incalculable. the serious cases for this non vulnerable section of people is extremely low and very easy to manage.

Unfortunately the ballgame has changed as to who is vulnerable. 

Coronavirus: Woman, 21, believed to be UK's youngest to die with no health conditions

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/coronavirus-woman-21-believed-to-be-uks-youngest-to-die-with-no-health-conditions/ar-BB11GPBw?li=AAgfYrC

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Russell17au said:
27 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

The airports may be open but dirty farang arrivals are in lock down  as i could not board my flight on 23rd march. It's your party now Thailand. Enjoy !

When you knew how things were going why did you wait until 23rd March to take a flight and then try to blame Thailand. You had plenty of notice what was happening.

To be fair to @smudger1951 and confirmed by my personal experience, international travel options became very dynamic from around the 18th and totally nebulous and a bit of pot luck before last weekend. Airlines were dropping flights at very short notice, fly-through and transit restrictions were popping up left right and center. There's no telling if he had to change airlines or couldn't change airlines. The time difference between Europe and Thailand is also important. For example if some rule was enacted late on Tuesday over here, unless one doesn't have a regular 9 to 5 job, it couldn't reasonably be addressed in Europe until the following day. Call centers were overloaded too.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

However, even if occurs , there will be timeframe/s where people are allowed to leave their homes to buy foods and for logistics firms to deliver consumer goods, he added.

These people are brilliant. Restrict shopping hours so everyone shops at once, making social distancing impossible.

I shop after midnight, to avoid bumping into people. It would be a shame if I was forced to shop with the hordes.

• Like 2

Curfews already in place “ been self isolating and I’m on holiday unfortunately like most foreigners here ( were stuck ) no flights available ! Last time a curfew imposed was down red and yellow shirts.... bars closed early with police fining bars that stayed open back then was staying in Pattaya .... like most things thailand have been the last to act,.allowing so many people to leave Bangkok last week. Was ridiculous without screening them and no doubt this will have serious consequences throughout Thailand with many more people becoming infected in turn spreading the virus into smaller villages and surrounding areas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

These people are brilliant. Restrict shopping hours so everyone shops at once, making social distancing impossible.

I shop after midnight, to avoid bumping into people. It would be a shame if I was forced to shop with the hordes.

Don't worry about it because if there are no exclusions from the curfew (what ever hours they choose) there will be no food for you to buy because the food does not grow at the supermarket or the 7/11

• Like 1

"State of Emergency" but nothing concrete is really being done to help. Doesn't look like much of an emergency in Bangkok. People are "asked" to stay home but they are selfish and don't seem to be doing so. They are going out normally, public transportation is running and I see all my neighbours going to work as if nothing happened. A 24 hour curfew would be the only way to stop this ignorance. Without that there are no rules to stop people from leaving home.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Don't worry about it because if there are no exclusions from the curfew (what ever hours they choose) there will be no food for you to buy because the food does not grow at the supermarket or the 7/11

Really? I really thought all the food at 711 and the supermarket was produced out the back. Thanks for setting me straight.

On a serious note, there is no food shortage, even if hoarders start hoarding. It's just about the logistics of getting it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1