Police virus checkpoints put 100 on watchlist

webfact

Police virus checkpoints put 100 on watchlist

By The Nation

800_d94e33d5787a1bd.jpg?v=1585297718

More than 100 travellers across the country were found in random checks on Thursday (March 26) to have high body temperature.

The screenings for Covid-19 at 359 checkpoints are a new measure being conducted by the Royal Thai Police.

Deputy commissioner-general Pol Gen Suwat Jangyodsuk said travellers who had a cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing and body pain were scanned and more than 100 were reported to the Public Health Ministry.

Their names and information are being recorded for further tracking.

Suwat said the checkpoints have been established as a means of stemming the spread of the virus through tighter travel control.

He apologised that traffic jams have resulted in some locations and that the equipment being used still has technical faults.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384936

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-27

5 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

So what is the picture at the top all about, so many police gathered together with two different uniforms all with so much gold <deleted> , ribbons, medals, badges that you wouldn't know a lance corporal from a general.

If you care and have such a need to know, take the photo to your local police station and ask.

Thanks, can't believe I am so dumb as to not think of that for myself.

Anyway, thanks again.

I forgot to mention the main point of my post was to highlight the 4 different types of face mask.

Happy now ?

Edited by OneeyedJohn
forgetfulness

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Wow the check point I saw today was unmanned, all the cops were in the shade on the side of the road under a shop awning, sitting down drinking whatever it was that they drink.

Probably Shirley Temples all round!   ????

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Wow the check point I saw today was unmanned, all the cops were in the shade on the side of the road under a shop awning, sitting down drinking whatever it was that they drink.

Well it was 37 degree's and they also wear a full uniform....not strange that they need a rest sometimes.

I had to make two trips yesterday across a provincial border entering Bueng Kan there was a checkpoint and the road was narrowed to a single lane. A marquee had been erected with a table containing several packs of water, police were just casually standing around, checking, testing was not occurring.

My second necessary trip later saw about half a dozen police with several other officials casually chatting away no social distancing occurring and again no checking or testing occurring.

Exiting Bueng Kan into Nong Khai there are no checkpoints whatsoever.

Good on ya Bueng Kan (and Nong Khai) your doing a splendid job in reducing unnecessary travel and the spread of CV.

Can you really believe the Thai government?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kimamey said:

Should they all rest at the same time though?

So what, allow the horses to bolt because they need a break, come on now, 12 cops, can be divided into two groups of 6, 3 on one side of the road, 3 on the other while the other 6 rest for say 15 minutes each, then change over, commonsense man, it's not that hard when you have such an infectious disease that the world is trying to contain.

"Wonder will never cease!" I thought when I  saw the road block at Sak Lek.  Had to take one of the dogs to the vet so on the way in, South to North....Nothing!  Going back there was at least 10 cops plus immigration with their smart car and I thought I  would get stopped for sure,  but no....waved through by the one cop on the actual road!  Maybe the nurse hadn't turned up To take temperature readings. 

22 hours ago, baansgr said:

And each vehicle had 5 other people in it.....so that's really 500

That was yesterday..

..today those 500 are all ignoring the social distancing rules again so it’s now 25000 cases

Out of the 100, 99 probably only had the common cold. The average person catches a cold once or twice a year and it takes about a week to get over it. Roughly one in 50 people or 2% currently have a cold. 2 % pf about 60 million is over one million 'Corona suspects'. And that's just the cold, add other non-corona related fevers and you get millions who should be tested, and potentially quarantined. 

These thermometers are a very blunt tool. 

6 hours ago, bluemoonpattaya said:

Every other post refers to the horse bolting before the door is shut.

I hope that after the virus has gone that they let all the horses back in...  :coffee1:

You missed the news that African flu has sprung up in race horses here. Somewhere north. A lot killed, dead. 

So unfortunately no bolting horses.