Death by pneumonia.

champers

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

As I have said in another thread, how many cases of Corona were officially recorded as death by pneumonia, particularly earlier on in the crisis.

I would think not too many deaths or severe (ICU) cases, otherwise leaks like this would be rampant. This is the second I've read to date, the first was from a month or two back in Phuket.

It does mean there are likely a lot of infections circulating in the region, but I think everyone knew that already.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I would think not too many deaths or severe (ICU) cases, otherwise leaks like this would be rampant. This is the second I've read to date, the first was from a month or two back in Phuket.

It does mean there are likely a lot of infections circulating in the region, but I think everyone knew that already.

Are you taking into account the rural areas?  I am talking nation wide.  Not much ICU up North and North East.

Remember, we can't have anything tarnish Thailand's image as tourist destination.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Are you taking into account the rural areas?  I am talking nation wide.  Not much ICU up North and North East.

Sure. I'm only thinking about the tourist hotspots, where the deaths or hospitalization are problematic to hide as family/friends at home would get suspicious when the person drops off the radar. I'm in touch with family daily, they would be protesting loudly if that ceased.

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

8 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Sure. I'm only thinking about the tourist hotspots, where the deaths or hospitalization are problematic to hide as family/friends at home would get suspicious when the person drops off the radar. I'm in touch with family daily, they would be protesting loudly if that ceased.

So, are you saying that corona virus deaths of Thai's up north don't count? 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. It underlines the importance of taking this virus and disease seriously and not think it won't affect me. Now is not the time to be complacent particularly so when nearly all societies are paying a high price in lockdowns. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Remember, we can't have anything tarnish Thailand's image as tourist destination.  ????

Can you give  some  evidence of the lack of  ICU  capacity in the  North Eastern Hospitals please.

• Thanks 2

OMG, I'm getting old and things are getting stranger.  I'm reading "The Eyes of Darkness" (OK if free) and now on a thread Death by pneumonia.  I know I'm gradually losing the plot, but maybe gradual is the wrong word.  I need to find a different "path."  555

• Like 1

With  all of the  paranoid variations  abounding from the  Covid-19 situation  it seems so convenient  in the  pursuance  of  dramatic interpretations of  causes  of  death  that such  alternative  causes do not actually  take an equivalent  break.

The other  prolific  causes  of death  stay unabated in finality but  so easily  attributed  by  observation of reported outcome to a  popular  singular cause !

• Like 1

all bets are off, there are only so many machines. imo in a short time period private hospitals will be opened to treat the Thais, as they should. Don't get sick and if you isolate you won't get sick or at least you'll greatly affect the odds of getting ill. Otherwise imo you're f***** no matter what insurance you have, you'll end up being treated in the parking lot. If I start drowning in my own fluids I'll just pull my own plug - better than being on a gurney next to a SUV (though it might be useful for shade purposes).. .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Not too many ICU deaths because the elderly are not making it that far. Keep in mind that what we know of as ICU is nearly non existent in the rural and poorer areas.

The other day, one of the prominent Thai infectious disease doctors, as reported in news here, said he estimated that Thailand overall has only about 100 negative pressure hospital rooms nationwide.

We're now up to 1100+ officially confirmed CV cases, more than 900 of them still currently hospitalized, and more than 6600 hospitalized patients under investigation for CV.

And it's only just beginning...

53 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

OMG, I'm getting old and things are getting stranger.  I'm reading "The Eyes of Darkness" (OK if free) and now on a thread Death by pneumonia.  I know I'm gradually losing the plot, but maybe gradual is the wrong word.  I need to find a different "path."  555

LMAO !

Do  you  feel  the urge  to  succumb?

In which  direction?

The  fatalist addiction  and depressive association  with either the religious or  the pseudo religious  factions of monetary  seduction?

Let  me suggest that if  you are old then stop  on whatever  path you  are  on  and take  time to look  back. .

Whatever  steps  you  have taken to where you are  now  and how  you perceive the  journey thus far that without  deliberate purpose  you  have done no  harm then  take  moment to consider  that having achieved  some degree of  longevity that  you have avoided  the  myriad of less disclosed but equally dangerous  afflictions  that exist around us already.

If the mortality of  Covid-19 was to be considered  as one of a prolific number of global diseases that  collectively or  individually eliminate  human  lives  annually  on a scale  in excess of  Covid-19 why  no popular media presentation of  that very  fact ?

Something  dangerous is  occurring  but  I am suspicious as  to whether it is the organic viral  threat overall  or the manipulation of social impact.

For  the  moment IMO it is  a combination  of  both .

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sapson said:

Absolutely, Thailand had the highest number of Chinese visitors from Wuhan province and yet some of the lowest reported positives and death figures for months.

Pinocchio Prayut........... will need a wheel barrow for his nose soon.

I've heard similar from people working in hospitals. But not for months, it's only starting to hit big now. I wouldn't mind betting the main source of what's really starting to show here now is Thais coming back from abroad (and not necessarily the 'pee nois' or labouring classes). One case in an office building down the road confirmed yesterday, back from a trip to Korea, went to work, took the BTS, etc. etc. Another example case on Thai Enquirer. 

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Define  ICU  capacity  please.

Here are the number of "beds" across Thailand. Certainly the number of ICU units is significantly less:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand

[edit: I missed @dabhand's very informative post above]

Edited by timendres

6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

all bets are off, there are only so many machines. imo in a short time period private hospitals will be opened to treat the Thais, as they should.

I saw almost exclusively Thai patients during my last visit to Samitivej.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The other day, one of the prominent Thai infectious disease doctors, as reported in news here, said he estimated that Thailand overall has only about 100 negative pressure hospital rooms nationwide.

We're now up to 1100+ officially confirmed CV cases, more than 900 of them still currently hospitalized, and more than 6600 hospitalized patients under investigation for CV.

And it's only just beginning...

Only 14 "severe" cases.  I assume those are the only ones needing an ICU.

Maybe I am daft for believing the DDC here in LOS. but hey, it makes me feel better

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

4 hours ago, timendres said:

I saw almost exclusively Thai patients during my last visit to Samitivej.

Just 0.003% of the population are foreigners here in LOS (other than Myanmar, Laos, and Cambodian workers). 

So yes, one sees Thai people, "almost exclusively",  literally everywhere! ????????

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

How many respirators do you think they have up there? 

Why ask a question about a question? 

Is there  any  definitive statistic available to demonstrate  ICU  respiratory  intervention  capacity in any location  in Thailand?

Up There? Oh  !  The  poor  lands!

<deleted> !