Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They have done some additional changes dated yesterday. This one seems to say you should do it if your are getting SSA and have not gotten a payment yet.

image.png.4af470415a00d4bd8227803e651871d0.png

image.png.1d9e4bc4534f484b323fc321afcf7ae2.png

Source: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

I think I will entering my payment info this morning.

Above is another good example of how the IRS is "beating around the bush, indirectly saying/implying' it's now OK to use the Non-Filers tool if you draw SS benefits and haven't been filing a return.   

When looking at the entire answer it lists 7 reasons you shouldn't use the Non-Filers tool....and none of those reasons say don't use the tool because we (the IRS) will get the info from the SSA.  I expect it did say that before.   Just numerous IRS statements/answers/webpages have changed this week regarding use of the Non-Filers tool.

I think the IRS simply don't want to directly state if the "Get My Payment" website does not show a payment being made to your yet then it could be because we didn't get the required data from SSA in your case as we had planned or there is some other problem....and you should now use the Non-Filers tool.   

They don't want to say, "Hey, where we told you folks drawing SS not to use the Non-Filers tool (because it would create double work for us and maybe cause a double paymnt), well, you should now use it if you haven't got your payment." 

For a month or two the IRS said folks drawing SS and not filing a return don't need to do nothing (but only after Congress made them) as we'll get the required info from the SSA.   And sure enough based on my googling, review of news articles, review of blogs/forums most folks in that category did indeed get their payments and even the IRS has said most have got their payment like most other Americans....like below partial quote from a 4 June news article.   But there is still many in that category who have not got the payment...no payment status on the Get My Payment website.....I figure for those folks there is some problem bogging down their payment....call it stuck in the mud....like maybe the IRS did not get the data from the SSA as planned for certain individuals....got it for the great majority, but not for some.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/irs-new-tool-for-non-tax-filers-fast-stimulus-payments-2020-4

Social Security retirement and disability recipients, railroad retirees, Veterans Affairs beneficiaries, and people on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) automatically had stimulus payments sent to the address or bank account where they receive their benefits, even if they haven't filed a tax return in the last two years. 

19 hours ago, Pib said:

Wonder if you could be more specific date wise on that "late April to early May" submission via the Non-Filers tool.  Example: 28 Apr, 10 May, etc.    Maybe some email notifications or notes you have has the specific date.

This would give us a better estimate of how long from Non-Filers tool use to actual payment a person can expect.    Thanks.

I went back and cjecked deleyer emails and the acknowlegement from the IRS ehat thety had acceptrd my input came on 8 May.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, wayned said:

Surprise, surprise, the $1200 was deposited into my US bank account today 10 June, just like the message on "GET MY PAYMENT" said that it would.  I suspect that it was due to my ignoring the "rules" and inputting my address and bank information on the IRS website in late April or early MAY even though I had previously change it through the SSA toll free number. I hope that everybody else gets theirs soon.

9 minutes ago, wayned said:

I went back and cjecked deleyer emails and the acknowlegement from the IRS ehat thety had acceptrd my input came on 8 May.

OK, thanks.  So it took a month and two days from using the Non-Filers tool until you got your payment. 

And I expect the Get My Payment website started showing the projected 10 June payment date about a week earlier. 

20 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Yahoo and Huffpost are really credible sources, IMO.  

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but the article is based/copied off a U.S. House Ways & Means Committee two page paper....link to that paper is in the article's first paragraph and also repeated below. 

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/sites/democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/files/documents/2020.06.04 EIPs Issued as of June 4 FINAL.pdf

The committee paper attempts to piece together and analyse Treasury and GAO data.    I get a feeling from the committee paper they have paid out to those the IRS was able to easily collect necessary data on....enough data to satisfy the IRS to make the payment.  The IRS now seems to be down to trying to pay those they may not have all the necessary data on.

One thing that struck me in the committee paper was the IRS has paid over 17 million folks drawing social security and it estimates over 7 million to go...and the paper say the IRS "should" have the necessary data to pay those 7 million folks. But if they have the necessary info for those 7 million folks why hasn't direct deposits stimulus payments flowed out already like for the other 17 million SS folks already paid since SSA says 99% of monthly benefit payments are paid via direct deposit which means the IRS would have the necessary banking info.

image.png.641e3043b4d5a693b87c5819cf849b7d.png

• Like 2

I am in a bit of a different situation than most of you posting, but I thought some might benefit from this info.

Situation: Haven't filed taxes in the last few years. NOT receiving any government benefits/assistance.

On May 13th filled out the non-fillers info

On May 23rd status on 'Get My Payment' site was updated to 'Check is scheduled to be sent out on June 1st'

On June 12th Check received at Condo in Chiang Mai 

No dates on the envelope or check that I can see.

Correction: Check dated June 1st

Hope this helps

Edited by Lordfoul
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, Lordfoul said:

On May 23rd status on 'Get My Payment' site was updated to 'Check is scheduled to be sent out on June 1st'

It seems the mail service may of improved. 

1 hour ago, Lordfoul said:

I am in a bit of a different situation than most of you posting, but I thought some might benefit from this info.

Situation: Haven't filed taxes in the last few years. NOT receiving any government benefits/assistance.

Hope this helps

Helps a lot....thanks.  Shows it took 10 days for them to process your Non-Filers submission and 12 days mailing time from US to Thailand.   I'm a little surprised both were that fast.    Seems most everyone else has been reporting much longer times.  Hopefully, processing/mailing times have taken a very recent turn for the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Pib said:

Helps a lot....thanks.  Shows it took 10 days for them to process your Non-Filers submission and 12 days mailing time from US to Thailand.   I'm a little surprised both were that fast.    Seems most everyone else has been reporting much longer times.  Hopefully, processing/mailing times have taken a very recent turn for the better.

I Assume I benefited from starting my process after some of the kinks had been worked out. Also my situation didn't require communication between two Government agencies. 

Although I have never received mail from the US in less than 2 weeks before.

Edited by Lordfoul
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Lordfoul said:

I Assume I benefited from starting my process after some of the kinks had been worked out. Also my situation didn't require communication between two Government agencies. 

Although I have never received mail from the US in less than 2 weeks before.

Before COVID messed everything up, I would typically receive mail from the US to my Bangkok home in around 10-14 days....just regular ol' first class mail.  Ditto 10-14 days when sending mail the other direction from the Bangkok to the US--just regular ol' airmail...not EMS.   Hopefully mailing times will continue to get faster and by the end of July be back to the pre-COVID mailing times.

6 hours ago, InuyashasBro said:

What is supposed to arrive first, the letter or the check?

According to Get My Payment, my check was issued on 8 May. I received the letter in Bangkok on 9 June stating the amount I'm supposed to get, but no check has arrived yet.

By law the notification of payment letter has to be mailed within 15 days of payment being made.  Not received...just mailed.  So for your check issued on 8 May the notice would have to be mailed by 23 May. 

But the best I can figure the notices get mailed within a week or so of payment issue.  

I got my payment via direct deposit to my US bank on 15 Apr.  The notice of payment arrived my Houston TX mailing address on 28 Apr.  The letter was from Austin TX. There was no postmark date on the envelope but the letter was dated 15 Apr so I figure it took them about a week to really mail the letter....then I got it a week later.

• Like 1

HI Guys, I just wanted to give hope for those who have not received their stimulus payment, I am on SSDI (since 2004) I have been in Thailand since 2006 with Direct Deposit from Bangkok Bank via New York. I used the Non-Filers tool on 28, May and just received payment status on "Get my Payment" portal that my stimulus payment will be made via Direct Deposit on the 17, June. I was instructed not to use the Non-Filers tool since the SSA would send the information on my 1099 to the IRS but I decided to do it after reading some posts on here. It might be a good idea to use that tool for those who are able to. Hang in their folks they didn't forget us after all. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, youwant2nome said:

I was instructed not to use the Non-Filers tool since the SSA would send the information on my 1099 to the IRS but I decided to do it after reading some posts on here.

I used the Non-Filers tool on May 17 and it was accepted on May 18. I keep checking my status and nothing yet! I am waiting for Direct Deposit to Bangkok Bank New York also.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just as FYI for you folks who get below message when checking the Get My Payment website, you might want to review this fresh Reddit link where a poster called SylverFrye777 talks what she found out in her call to the IRS why she was getting below status.  And this SylverFrye777 sounds very creditable.   

And within the Reddit thread you also see posts from folks who had recent success in using the Non-Filers tool after they got tired of waiting for their SS payment to automatically occur. 

image.png.24553afdd95678060f05452493d9387d.png

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, khwaibah said:

My check I was told by the IRS was mailed May 1. 44 days and the only two things I have received is JACK & S-H-Y-T.????

I am in the exact same boat. Not happy. Hate to have to go thru the time and aggravation of trying to get a replacement.

It seems that mail arriving is all over the place, so I will wait 1 more week and then no choice but to begin the process.

Hope you get yours.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, racyrick said:

I am in the exact same boat. Not happy. Hate to have to go thru the time and aggravation of trying to get a replacement.

It seems that mail arriving is all over the place, so I will wait 1 more week and then no choice but to begin the process.

Hope you get yours.

As UJ pointed out in post 1203 IRS says up to 9 weeks. That is 19 more days or July 3rd for me then I call.  I understand the mail being what it is but I can not or will not accept the IRS incompetence for not utilizing the info that the SSA has on me. Rant over. Take care. Seeing July 3 is a Friday and holiday I will make that call July 2.????????

Edited by khwaibah

Per 12 Jun 2020 TheHill news article....see weblink for full article. Supposedly the IRS has said it has paid everyone it can at this time...paid everyone who they had enough info on.  Sure sounds like if the Get My Payment website gives a person some version of a Payment Status Not Available status, you haven't received your check/debit card/direct deposit, etc., that it may be time to call the IRS and/or use the Non-Filers tool if you don't plan to file a regular 2019 return.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/502415-mnuchin-white-house-seriously-considering-second-round-of-stimulus-checks

The IRS has said that it has paid all eligible Americans that it has enough information on to have received their checks. The total paid out is $267 billion, according to the agency.

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Pib said:

Per 12 Jun 2020 TheHill news article....see weblink for full article. Supposedly the IRS has said it has paid everyone it can at this time...paid everyone who they had enough info on.  Sure sounds like if the Get My Payment website gives a person some version of a Payment Status Not Available status, you haven't received your check/debit card/direct deposit, etc., that it may be time to call the IRS and/or use the Non-Filers tool if you don't plan to file a regular 2019 return.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/502415-mnuchin-white-house-seriously-considering-second-round-of-stimulus-checks

Their web site has been NFG for me from day 1. No if and or buts. I will go by the phone call I had with them and UJ info.

30 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Their web site has been NFG for me from day 1. No if and or buts. I will go by the phone call I had with them and UJ info.

Keep in mind that even UJ decided to use the Non-Filers tool this week.

But your check is in the mail to you...hopefully it will arrive soon...you are one of the folks who the IRS has counted as paid....you have no need to use the Non-Filers tool.

Edited by Pib
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, khwaibah said:

As UJ pointed out in post 1203 IRS says up to 9 weeks. That is 19 more days or July 3rd for me then I call.  I understand the mail being what it is but I can not or will not accept the IRS incompetence for not utilizing the info that the SSA has on me. Rant over. Take care. Seeing July 3 is a Friday and holiday I will make that call July 2.????????

It seems you are outside the system and/or are making mistakes. Since many others are successful, I think you need to examine or reexamine what you've done. The IRS are not fortune tellers so you need to report to them clearly. 

Since your finances have been unaffected, I don't know why you are so anxious about free money.

• Sad 1
16 hours ago, racyrick said:

Hope you get yours.

I just got mine last week. For some bizarre reason it was first sent to Taiwan by mistake. The international mail system is a mess everywhere. The usual system of relying on commercial flights is completely broken down so give it some time.

• Thanks 1

For any of you that decide to use the Non-Filers tool as mentioned in earlier posts when you file using the Non-Filers tool you will initially get a message your return has been submitted to the IRS and shortly after that you will hopefully get an email that the IRS has "accepted" you return.  But once your get the "accepted" status that's the only, final status you will get. 

There is an efile status check button within the Non-filers tool, but as mentioned once you get to the "accepted" status that's the last status you will get....not only for the Non-filers tool but even for commercial efile tax software like Turbotax, HR Block, TaxAct, etc.  After your submitted return has reached IRS "accepted" status you must now use IRS websites to check for updated status.

Now when using the "Get My Payment" website to check on your "stimulus payment" it seems people either get some kind of status along the lines "we ain't got no info on you or your check is in the mail."  Feast or famine type status response.

However, while googling this morning I ran across a Reddit thread where someone was asking if there was any other way to check filing status when a person used the "Non-filers tool" for their stimulus payment..."another way to confirm the Non-filers return has been accepted by the IRS and maybe even provide additional return status."  And a poster replied to just use the IRS2Go mobile app or the IRS "Where is my Refund/Check My Refund Status" website, but for the refund amount enter 1 as in one dollar. 

At first I thought the IRS "Get My Refund" website would only reflect status regarding status of a typical annual return like most folks file each year; not reflect any status for a Non-filers submission for a stimulus payment.   However, this morning for the couple I assisted earlier in the week in submitting a Non-Filers joint return (see my earlier 10 June #1144 post) when we entered their SSNs, type of return filed (joint in their case) and $1 in the refund amount each of their SSNs pulled up a status of return received and the standard language of return processing...blah...blah...blah.  See snapshot at bottom.  

I was somewhat surprised the info would appear in the "Where is my Refund" site but then I thought to myself the IRS is surely receiving & initially processing returns sent from the Non-filers tool just as returns efiled by commercial software such as Turbotax, TaxAct, etc., and returns submitted by snail mail.  Besides the Non-flier tool was developed/hosted by Intuit which is the same company that sells Turbotax. 

Now I would surprised again if the status changes on the "Where is My Refund" site if their stimulus payment is approved...that is, the "Get My Payment" site status changes to show a payment being made.  However, I hope I'm wrong,...I hope the Where Is My Refund site might indeed show additional status/show it's processing thru the system as it seems the "Get My Payment" website for stimulus payment status only provides a Yes or No, Feast or Famine type status. 

Now for me, I filed a 2019 return (I file each year) and got a refund on 8 Apr....and  week later on 15 Apr I got my stimulus payment to my US bank.  When I use the "Where is My Refund" site I can only get a status when entering the required verification info for my annual return refund amount which was several hundred dollars; if I try entering only $1 in hopes of getting a different result showing my "stimulus payment," well, it will not give me any status.  So, for me the Where is My Refund only reflect annual return refund status; not the separate stimulus payment status.

So that tells me the "Where is my Refund" site probably only provides status on a return you filed (including a Non filers return); but, it will not report any stimulus payment info if you never filed a return for 2019 but you still got a stimulus payment.  Time will tell if the Where Is My Refund site reports any additional status info for the couple I'm assisting or it just stays at the Return Received status....but it's good to see additional confirmation beyond the initial efiling notices that the Non-filers return was received and is being processed.

Snapshot 

Status obtained on a "Non-filers" return....reconfirms IRS received (accepted) the Non-filers return

image.png.e83b553f8cab4bed714e6ec3d024ba44.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pib said:

At first I thought the IRS "Get My Refund" website would only reflect status regarding status of a typical annual return like most folks file each year; not reflect any status for a Non-filers submission for a stimulus payment.   However, this morning for the couple I assisted earlier in the week in submitting a Non-Filers joint return (see my earlier 10 June #1144 post) when we entered their SSNs, type of return filed (joint in their case) and $1 in the refund amount each of their SSNs pulled up a status of return received and the standard language of return processing...blah...blah...blah.

Thanks

Just did it and it is shown as received. Will check it again if fews days to see if there's any change.

4 hours ago, phkauf said:

I just got mine last week. For some bizarre reason it was first sent to Taiwan by mistake. The international mail system is a mess everywhere. The usual system of relying on commercial flights is completely broken down so give it some time.

Thanks for the encouragement. Curious, what was the date on your check? Thanks

Mine was to be mailed on May 1st and still waiting while many others have reported already getting theirs.

13 minutes ago, racyrick said:

Thanks for the encouragement. Curious, what was the date on your check? Thanks

Mine was to be mailed on May 1st and still waiting while many others have reported already getting theirs.

Dated 5/22/20 Good luck. I also could never login to the system and discovered that my address on the check did not include a "/" as my address does (123/490). So make sure the address is correct.