Americans, Have You Received Your Virus Stimulus Check From Trump Yet?

The answer to Q20:

"You are not required to file a return and already received your Payment based on your 2019 Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits even if you think you did not receive the full amount."

...says nothing about those who have NOT received the payment. They do not say that if you have not received the payment you should now use this non-filers tool. They have said for months now that if you are SSA, non-tax filer then you do not have to take any action (see the answer to Q16 which still says this). This is infuriating. This 10 June update just confuses the matter more. 

5 minutes ago, lexilis said:

.says nothing about those who have NOT received the payment. They do not say that if you have not received the payment you should now use this non-filers tool.

But the question is.

image.png.4b731eb62fa751b4db56ddfb69556843.png

And the answer is. It seems to be clear to me.

6 minutes ago, lexilis said:

You are not required to file a return and already received your Payment based on your 2019 Social Security retirement, survivor or disability benefits (SSDI), Railroad Retirement benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs benefits even if you think you did not receive the full amount."

3 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Joe, is this where you entered the info:

I stared it on this page. https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Clicked the button and it took me to this page. https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/createaccount

It could be that it does not like your IP address. If using a VPN try another connection or your Thai IP address.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Amazing I just got a email stating it was accepted.

That's where I was on April 12th, and ever since. I didn't need to use non filers because I collect SS retirement, but it said to use it if I needed to add a dependent child. Then the IRS made it's mistake , thinking I claimed myself as a dependent, and now I'll have to wait until next year to file ,when I usually don't, to get the credit and the stimulus.....................................

Reminder for SSA, VA, SSI and RRB Benefit Recipients with Dependents

The IRS has already scheduled payments to taxpayers based on Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs (C&P) benefit payments will be scheduled shortly for payment in mid-May. However, the window has closed to use this tool for these recipients who have a child and don’t normally file a tax return. These recipients who do not receive a payment that includes up to $500 for any qualifying children can file a tax return next year to determine their payment based on 2020 and claim any additional amount they weren’t paid this year.

Edited by fredwiggy

For what it's worth I read the following from a gov site.  Basically, expatriates yes! Foreign account direct deposit no.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2020/04/economic-impact-payments-us-citizens-abroad

Depending on your income, U.S. expatriates can get up to $1,200 each, or up to $2,400 for couples, plus $500 for each qualifying child, just as you would if living stateside. And, most people don’t need to do anything to get their payments. The IRS will deposit your payment directly to your U.S. bank account ( the IRS can’t direct deposit money to a foreign account ), or mail your payment using information from your 2018 or 2019 tax return or from your Social Security retirement or other federal benefits program.

If you haven’t filed a federal tax return for 2018 or 2019 and don’t get any federal benefits, you may have to give the IRS sensitive information, including your Social Security number and bank account number (if you have one), to get your payment.

Note: This does not specifically address the question of overseas SS recipients.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, lexilis said:

Did you input Bangkok Bank for your banking info? What did you use for the "routing number"?

I used the Bangkok Bank branch in New York routing number (0 2 6 0 0 8 6 9 1). I used my direct deposit account number also.

2 hours ago, rabas said:

1. Overseas banking i.e., Bangkok Bank.

2. A US Bank.

3. or an overseas address.

1/2 See above.

3. I used my address here that I use for the SSA.

Edited by ubonjoe
corrected routing number
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Amazing I just got a email stating it was accepted.

Yeap...same for the couple I helped yesterday.  Initially submitted the Non Filers form at 1:09pm....then 27 minutes later at 1:36pm the confirmation of IRS acceptance came in.

But this is similar to what I have experienced for years now when efiling using TaxAct, HR Block, etc., software.  You initially and immediately get the generic response that efile tax software company has sent/relayed your return to the IRS and you should get a response within 24-48 hours as to whether the IRS has accepted or rejected the return.  I have found you get that accept/reject response within a hour or so.  

Now if the return is accepted that does not mean the return is OK-fine, error free, pretty much done processing, refund to happen soon.   It just means it passed the initial IRS computer screening; the more detailed IRS computer and human processing/screening hasn't occurred yet.   Preaching to the choir I'm sure. 

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap...same for the couple I helped yesterday.  Initially submitted the Non Filers form at 1:09pm....then 27 minutes later at 1:36pm the confirmation of IRS acceptance came in.

It probably just does a check that the SSN and name match or such.

Just pleased it is in the IRS's hands now. Now it is wait and see if the get my payment page shows anything different in a few days.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I used the Bangkok Bank branch in New York routing number (0 2 6 0 0 8 6 9 1 ). I used my direct deposit account number also.

1/2 See above.

3. I used my address here that I use for the SSA.

Happy to hear you made progress !

However, my direct SS payments, afaik, go direct to BKK Bank in Bangkok ... not New York. I have no official residence in the US, no dependents.

As a non-filer, it is still unclear to me if there is any point in using the on-line IRS forms, and I share concerns you expressed in a previous post that filling out the form might well add a kink to the process.

thanks, ~o:37;

The Irs site is NFG. It has never worked for me and in my talking with the IRS they admit it. 42 days or 6 weeks as my check was mailed May 1. Waiting for Thai Post to deliver as soon as the African Queen arrives Bangkok. Report are up to 58 days or 8+ weeks from the states.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My SSA payments come in via New York to my direct deposit account here that I set up over 8 years ago.

Thanks ! My SS direct deposit was also set up several years ago here in Chiang Mai, the passbook ID's for both SS account, and my savings account both begin with #424.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It probably just does a check that the SSN and name match or such.

Just pleased it is in the IRS's hands now. Now it is wait and see if the get my payment page shows anything different in a few days.

I seriously, seriously doubt you'll see anything in a few days....IMO it will probably be several weeks as I figure it processed similar to a regular return where the IRS's stated goal is to complete procesing of 90% of all returns/provide any refund due within 21 days.

13 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Thanks ! My SS direct deposit was also set up several years ago here in Chiang Mai, the passbook ID's for both SS account, and my savings account both begin with #424.

Since SSA payment via IDD for Thailand has only been operational for about one year this means your SSA payments are via ACH.  ACH payments are sent through Bangkok Bank NY on to your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank acct.  From SSA's view your payments are going to the NY branch where in fact the NY branch passes/relays them to your In-Thailand Bangkok Bank acct.

Bangkok Bank is the only Thai bank capable of receiving ACH payments. 

However, payments via IDD can go to any Thai bank and uses the SWIFT vs ACH funds transfer system.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Joe,

You gave the BBK Bank (NY) routing number as 02600869. When I tried this the form will not accept. It demands one more number. Is there a number you left off?

Sorry the last number did copy over. It is 0 2 6 0 0 8 6 9 1. Copied it off of the 1040 I downloaded.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, lexilis said:

Joe,

You gave the BBK Bank (NY) routing number as 02600869. When I tried this the form will not accept. It demands one more number. Is there a number you left off?

Your number is incomplete.  The number is 026008691. 

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are using IDD (international direct deposit) that started last year it does go directly to your account here.

My SSA payments come in via New York to my direct deposit account here that I set up over 8 years ago.

Can I ask where you see the routing information?

I signed up for SS in 2015 from Thailand through the Manila office using a newly opened Bangkok Bank direct deposit account. Neither my BKB account book or SSA-1099 form has anything about a routing number.

37 minutes ago, Pib said:

ACH payments are sent through Bangkok Bank NY on to your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank acct. 

Pib, regarding BKKB NY and Social Security payments to Thailand, where's the future of that going?

I thought BKKB NY was supposed to be cutting off even government issued traditional ACH payments at some point (just like they've already done for individual customers), unless the sending entity switches over to the somewhat different IAT sending format...

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I thought BKKB NY was supposed to be cutting off even government issued traditional ACH payments at some point (just like they've already done for individual customers), unless the sending entity switches over to the somewhat different IAT sending format...

Most government entities are sending the payments in the IAT format. The SSA has been doing them that way for a long time.

Bangkok Bank has never said they would be stopping the transfers via the New York Branch. There are a lot of them done by businesses and companies.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Pib, regarding BKKB NY and Social Security payments to Thailand, where's the future of that going?

Apparently they still allow govt ACH payment not in IAT pass through...I expect they are doing some type of manual review to make it legal for them.....or if from a US govt agency they simply let it pass thru.   Plus, many people who were receiving SS, VA, etc., type payments have their foreign address onfile with their benefit paying govt agency which results in the payment being made in IAT format.   Last year when the wife and I change our address onfile with the SSA from our APO address at the time (i.e., a US address) to our Bangkok address that changed our SSA payments to IAT format. 

A person can tell if their SSA payment is in IAT or non-IAT format by getting a credit advice or in the SMS text msg from Bangkok Bank by looking for "310" in the payment description.  If a 310 appears it still in the non-IAT format.

7 minutes ago, Pib said:

Apparently they still allow govt ACH payment not in IAT pass through...I expect they are doing some type of manual review to make it legal for them.....or if from a US govt agency they simply let it pass thru.   Plus, many people who were receiving SS, VA, etc., type payments have their foreign address onfile with their benefit paying govt agency which results in the payment being made in IAT format.   Last year when the wife and I change our address onfile with the SSA from our APO address at the time (i.e., a US address) to our Bangkok address that changed our SSA payments to IAT format. 

A person can tell if their SSA payment is in IAT or non-IAT format by getting a credit advice or in the SMS text msg from Bangkok Bank by looking for "310" in the payment description.  If a 310 appears it still in the non-IAT format.

Yes, the reason I asked the question above, which Joe seemed not to catch, was my recollection that as of the last time I had checked, SOME SSA payments were still being sent in the old ACH format.... from your comment above...to those with a U.S. address on file as opposed to a TH address.

Hence my wondering how long BKKB NY was going to allow that to continue... after previously having publicly set deadlines for even government payments to have to comply with IAT or face not being processed.