The United States is reporting 20,000 coronavirus deaths, more than any other country

gargamon

USA #1 again. Thank you Mr. Trump.

(CNN)More than 20,000 people have died from the coronavirus in the United States, which now has more reported deaths than any country in the world, according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University.

The US death toll on Saturday climbed to 20,389, surpassing that of Italy, which is reporting 19,468 deaths, per Johns Hopkins.
At least 2,074 deaths were reported in the US on Friday, the largest increase in coronavirus fatalities the country has seen since the beginning of the outbreak. At least 524,903 people have tested positive for the virus, according to Johns Hopkins.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/11/health/us-coronavirus-updates-saturday/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent%29

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

To be fair to Trump and I'm not saying I think him he did close the boarders before anyother country but going forward he, actually all countries were given day after day conflicting advice from the W. H. O. Scumbags so don't think he's all to blame. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Sharp said:

To be fair to Trump and I'm not saying I think him he did close the boarders before anyother country but going forward he, actually all countries were given day after day conflicting advice from the W. H. O. Scumbags so don't think he's all to blame. 

Perhaps he should have followed Israel or the Ozzies, they didn't wait for the WHO, but no his EGO knew better, tell that to all the families who have lost loved ones.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

It is always the innocent citizen who ultimately suffer for the mistakes of the politicians (whoever they are). Why not seek external expertise to save lives, even at this late stage? Time is the important factor here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its like that in Australia as well. I have a friend who just went back to Australia and because he has been wearing a mask in Thailand, continued to wear one in Australia.

He went to the local doctors for a mater not related to covid, wearing a mask, the staff at the doctors freaked out, asking why he had a mask on, told him to take it off.

In medical circuit wearing or not wearing is still a matter of opinion. Things can be said for both.

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The mask thing is frustrating.

Even in the 1917 pandemic people in the US were told to wear a mask.

My son is in California and I sent him several dozen.

He and his family are wearing them and more are starting too.  But he said people generally do not want to wear them because it is not "fashionable".

How selfish and dumb.  Too much Kardashian's I guess.

How California.

1 hour ago, LowKey said:

This is bogus reporting, currently required reporting guidelines direct doctors to report all Flu Deaths as Covid-19 deaths, No exceptions. We have annually 80,000 Flu related deaths in the U.S. which are now considered Covid-19 deaths (for political reasons) so expect the number to climb like crazy. Get real and take a good look at what is happening here people.

I have heard that before, but upon questioning have not been supplied with a credible source for this.

But I'm sure you can supply one, unless you're spreading unsubstantiated rumours.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

I definitely think that lack of mask wearing on NYC subway and NJ trains had a hand in the spread, and the CDC dropped the ball on that. And a thorough review of mistakes will come. Temperature, and other factors as well. I also was buying the CDC WHO on masks. Obviously they fooled me. The Asians had it right.

Exactly, the WHO was totally wrong causing thousands of deaths....

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Who in the world has a vested interest in making the figures higher than they are ?????

Governments, media, all over the world want the figures to be lower, if they can pin the deaths to another cause, they would.

Its tin foil hat stuff to think anything else.

Those that want to have a dig at Trump and make it political and also the conspiracy theorists...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

To add a bit of perspective

This is not about perspective !   It is about blaming everything on Trump.   You know how many

cases of athletes feet there are currently ?   All because of Trump !   

It must be nice to live in such a simple world ( of thought).   

New campaign slogan :  JUST BLAME TRUMP  !    image.jpeg.4d591dcd7906b06317aeee5e91c91018.jpeg

hope they send me some money for that one .   can put it on all sneakers,  caps, you name it

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking for 5 or 10 minutes at any of Trump's recent press conferences is enough to know that he is the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's obvious. But there are still many millions Americans who can't see it. Ignorance must be a bliss.

You may be right.   But how about the other 4,567,288 politicians, educators, experts, and lets

not forget media propagandists that are feeding you "facts".

Are you ignorant of them ?    For me BS is easy to see .   Now real truths and facts?   Hmmmm.

If that were easy,   then those 4,567,288  geniuses would all agree,  wouldn't they?

Could it possibly be that it is their ignorance talking,  or even more likely, their AGENDA ?

• Like 1