Thailand announces another fall in new COVID-19 cases

rooster59

23 minutes ago, Almer said:

I agree, in the Uk just about everybody knows somebody who knows somebody who is infected, how many on this forum knows somebody who knows somebody, stop the thai bashing please we are all in this together, is it little wonder thai government people have a pop at foreigners when they read this constant barrage of abuse against there person there position and there government, give it a rest chaps please.

Very wise words indeed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zhounan said:

Hospitals are not overwhelmed, no medical staff are reporting on the social media

They are not "overwhelmed" of course, they are just operating at maximum ICU capacity ????

Many people don't even understand what testing is.

Spoke to an aquaintance in Indonesia that had quite a strong caugh (never seen this friend caugh like that before), he claimed he got tested and was covid negative. When i asked him how exactly they tested him, he said chest x-ray.

Took some time to explain to him that chest x-ray is screening for covid rather than testing, and testing means PCR swab , and he might very well be positive with light symptoms.

Makes no difference, hospitals all over the world will refuse testing unless you have multiple symptoms, and that is in the developed world, never mind emerging countries in South East Asia.

They will just send you back home, and tell you to give them a call back when your symptoms are multiple. Likely, when you can't breathe anymore or similar.

Edited by lkv

3 hours ago, zhounan said:

Hospitals are not overwhelmed, no medical staff are reporting on the social media like in other countries they've done, and it's not easy to hide corpses.

So, probably the data reported is manipulated, but, the situation in Thailand is not so tragic as someone are thinking. 

One tiny town hospital with 5 covid 19 patients desperate for help asking online.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1158688-hospital-where-covid-cases-outnumber-doctors-pleads-for-donations/?tab=comments#comment-15276708

Edited by sapson

We all love this country for many reasons, however we all deep down know the realities and pitfalls.

Who would bet on a wonderful four timer from the governments statements.

TAT figures being realistic.

The Burmese two are guilty.

Their is no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya

Thailands Covid 19 press release figures are absolutely accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lkv said:

Many people don't even understand what testing is.

People also don't get that hospitals fluctuate in rate of admissions and rate of deaths all the time. People on here don't get that a hospital increasing admissions and deaths by 10-20% is not unusual and not going to set off a FB post blitz. It's business as usual. But, that amount of increase, if sustained (and, this might be the case over the last three months...we don't know), can add up to a lot of extra sick people and a lot of extra deaths. It is profoundly perplexing to me that people can't get that point and trust that since dead people aren't popping out of the windows of hospitals that we have no crisis here and we really have the low numbers that are being reported. 

Profoundly perplexed but giving up on trying to make my point. I gave it a good shot. 

The amazing part is how the basic human, IQ of probably 70, is now totally convinced America is the last place on Earth they would want to be.  Possibly a plan by the Illuminati, but if you had a brain you would realize America's infected number exist because people demand tests.  Forget costs, just test.  who funds the WHO?  who can make 1 billion masks in a month?  Whose giving each resident about 40,000 baht?  Who has extremely good hospitals and doctors?  Who has an unlimited budget?  Who really ONLY sends money to other countries.  Sure, they dropped the ball on some things.....slow to react, the sheepies don't listen as well, and NYC is packed.  Are their numbers totally honest?  I'm sure they aren't, but better than most.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It is indeed being studied and it is not just Thailand that has far fewer infections than expected.

One theory being examined is possible protective effect of BCG vaccination. Countries with unusually low incidence tend to be ones where BCG is given routinely. 

The heat, sunlight and relatively low population density are also factors.

I'm voting for humidity not heat as people who live in colder areas live in heated homes and heated homes tend to have significantly drier atmospheres where the moisture surrounding the virus expelled by humans evaporates the virus becomes light and floats around a bit longer and if inside with others those other are more at risk of being infected.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

It is indeed being studied and it is not just Thailand that has far fewer infections than expected.

One theory being examined is possible protective effect of BCG vaccination. Countries with unusually low incidence tend to be ones where BCG is given routinely. 

The heat, sunlight and relatively low population density are also factors.

I'm voting for humidity not heat as people who live in colder areas live in heated homes and heated homes tend to have significantly drier atmospheres where the moisture surrounding the virus expelled by humans evaporates the virus becomes light and floats around a bit longer and if inside with others those other are more at risk of being infected.Beware the cure don't stay inside to long.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

I cannot find the link anymore from the DDC. They used to have a separate one for Viral phenomena.

You mean that info the public had access to is no longer accessible?Maybe it was going up to sharply and like Thanathorn they got rid of it because it made them look bad.In the beginning it looked like they were sharing info but that seems to be slowly strangled.A bit like big Red!

32 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Whilst there may be the usual bunch that regularly exercise 'thai bashing' - you don't think that in some cases, the Thai government brings it on themselves?

Whilst almost every other country experiences massive, rapid explosions in Covid 19 infections, Thailand, where the first case was reported (I believe) on 13 January, reports just 33 new cases? Thailand, the country that refused to stop Chinese nationals entering the country until well into the outbreak? The country that seems to make a big deal in reporting that just about every new Covid 19 infection is linked to either a foreigner or a Thai that's returned from abroad. 

33 new cases when you see things like the pandamonium that happened when Bangkok was 'closed' and everyone headed for Mochit bus station yet failed to take any virus home with them? That was a massive gathering of people from right across the city - a disaster in the making. The huge outbreak that South Korea experienced was linked directly to a much lesser religious gathering - yet in 'Amazing Thailand' - nothing happened.

The UAE was probably the first country to show public suspicion at the amount of cases Thailand was reporting and as a result banned its citizens from travelling to or from the place.

There are probably hundreds of examples of Thailand's government and authorities making laughable statements and claims regarding other matters - road safety is a prime example. Very little, if anything actually happens following such statements. I'm not sure if the Thai's believe them but they certainly don't 'wash' with most westerners.

Sorry but in many cases and especially in the case of Covid 19, the Thai government brings such criticism on itself. When they do this, all they do is fuel the fire of those who 'thai bash' for the pure hell of it.

I take on board all you say, but, is it possible that the heat/ humidity is a factor, there was a post a week or so ago that to me a mere ignorant on medical facts person, that it is highly possible that as the virus leaves one host it is weakened by heat and humidity and i have been reading from day 1 that the summer months in the west will see a decline, N Italy, N Spain,  Germany, UK, etc all in there cold months, and all cases would have come across borders in the first instance. 

I believe our Thai hosts as we are only guests here,  are we not well most  of us if not all , also want to continue living, some reporting ( or is it the reporting) is maybe not to western standards with regard to detail and in depth info but it is what it is, and i nor my extended thai family know of any cases or mass graves  as are seen in other developed countries, lets all stick together and support those that are charged with the task of sorting this, if you think its not  a difficult task look at the UK PM who it looks like has mostly recovered from this , i will save my criticism for the onslaught that follows when this is passed, like, how, where, why , who etc only then will the world  find out  things, me, i want to survive now and find out who is responsible and is it one of those things that happens in the world or is it man made,!!!!!!!

Edited by Almer
Spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, monkfish said:

That's great news so they can lift State Of Emergency soon but should do mass testing to find Asymptomatic Carriers.

If I am correct, the asymptomatic carriers will become the carriers with symptoms after 14 days. Yet these number looks positive low today. Of course, still in the early days.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

all of this is your "expert" opinion - you are entitled to your opinion 

you are posting the above as fact when it is not

People enter ICU for various reasons - a ventilator is the last of many stages - not all who go to ICU have pneumonia but may require additional oxygen to enrich their intake due to limited lung functionality - fact

by all means post an opinion but I can tell you now - you are not the expert you think you are, I have an opinion on that but I will keep it to myself

And you're posting that ventilators have no use because all people will die anyway. 

You are posting the above as fact when it is not.

People enter ICU for various reason - mostly because they have severe pneumonia and require additional oxygen. 

I'm not an expert, nor are you. You are not keeping your opinion to yourself. Faaaar from. Which is good, because that's the whole purpose of this forum. Just don't start insulting when another opinion is conflicts with yours. Indeed, keep that to yourself.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

People can be skeptical.

But, the fact is the hospitals are not full of patients and they are not burning bodies all day.  If they are hiding things, they must be pretty 

genious.

Some people are always skeptical when they can't accept the truth. For those skeptics, please go to hospitals and snap proof of how many bodies who died from Coronavirus.

I am sure it's not hard to find if the numbers were really high.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lkv said:

They are not "overwhelmed" of course, they are just operating at maximum ICU capacity

What makes you say that? ICU's Khon Kaen are quite. Most arguably due to a decrease in motor accidents and crime related injury. 

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

People also don't get that hospitals fluctuate in rate of admissions and rate of deaths all the time. People on here don't get that a hospital increasing admissions and deaths by 10-20% is not unusual and not going to set off a FB post blitz. It's business as usual. But, that amount of increase, if sustained (and, this might be the case over the last three months...we don't know), can add up to a lot of extra sick people and a lot of extra deaths. It is profoundly perplexing to me that people can't get that point and trust that since dead people aren't popping out of the windows of hospitals that we have no crisis here and we really have the low numbers that are being reported. 

Profoundly perplexed but giving up on trying to make my point. I gave it a good shot. 

If people are not popping out of the windows of hospitals, than what is the problem?

From personal experience , i am in Europe atm , and i know there is a large increase in deaths here . I know several people in hospital , and i heard of a few deaths . Also when opening newspaper , theres a lot more death notices then there used to be .

I totally agree on the fact that they must be absolute geniuses in Thailand to keep these things under the radar . This leads me to believe that the numbers are correct , otherwise we certainly would have had rumours at minimum . 

The exact reason why this is , is so far still unknown . Weather can be something , but also genetics might be in place . The longer it is around , the more we will learn about it .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Can you spell sycophant?

They have done nothing to handle this well

Let Chinese flights come in for weeks afterwards

Closed down BKK and Pattaya and moved all the workers back to their home villages in rammed buses in a 48 hr period

Caused various other bottlenecks etc etc 

Ok fella, give us the real figures....