Restrictions can be lifted, but very gradually, experts say

webfact

1 minute ago, Millcx said:

Open gradual 55555 Just like the closed gradual 55555

If ever a country is going to be hit with a return its Thailand

These comments of opening must be due to rising of people against Gov ... It’s sad to see the way they are saying that they have found the mirical cure unlike ALL the other ASEAN countries ... Praise the lord for the fine facilities “;0)

Probably a rising by Chang, Singha etc., because their sales have now bombed!!! ????????????????????????????????

3 minutes ago, aussienam said:

I found it astounding that in the midst of a pandemic that the world is trying to get rid of that there are idiots (COVIDIOTS) who think that the lockdown rules don't apply to them as if they are special somehow and are immune to spreading the virus.  If you are an idiot then you deserve to get the penalties that the government dishes out.  The rest of us are stuck inside suffering so no sympathy for the idiots.  

Where are you?If in Thailand you can go out outside the curfew hours can you not?

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Where are you?If in Thailand you can go out outside the curfew hours can you not?

Yes, but parks are closed, and so you have only the sidewalks and open air markets and grocery stores, which  are pretty full of people who I want to avoid, so if social distancing is to be properly carried out, at least I will avoid these COVIDCROWDS....and just use my Balconies.  Went for a 7 km walk on the sidewalks from Sathon to Klong Toei at 5 am this morning and as I passed all the Talad open air markets they were packed with folks who were shoulder to shoulder, glad I stayed on the opposite sidewalk....

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure it's all that simple to move from quarantine as some are implying. Think NZ was first country to apply the 14 day gig, which included own citizens. AU quickly followed. Initially it was "isolation" in own homes. Then (in au) it became specified hotels. Currently the case. 

The process to ease up the screws will be complex. It's not a light switch. On or Off.

Will be very interesting what countries do.

Guess first step for Thailand and others will be freeing up domestic travel.

I almost flew to Phuket March 19. Shortly after that domestic flights cancelled. Talk about dodge a bullet.

Personally I don't think international flights (entry) can occur until they do not insist on quarantine.

Don't suggest no quarantine, please.

Now that China are lifting there lockdowns they will be packed and ready for an international flight, but will they be well received ?  

So the nationwide alcohol ban has just started and v2.1 of the Pattaya quarantine is having its first dry-run this afternoon, before possibly being fully-implemented on Thursday, and now they're talking about lifting restrictions. I feel like I'm watching Back to the Future or something!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

So the nationwide alcohol ban has just started and v2.1 of the Pattaya quarantine is having its first dry-run this afternoon, before possibly being fully-implemented on Thursday, and now they're talking about lifting restrictions. I feel like I'm watching Back to the Future or something!

You beat me to it!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Singapore and Hong Kong have been taking swabs and let people be on their way, with the recommendation to keep distance until the result comes back in 3-4 hours. If positive, they go to hospital and take it from there (likely send them to self quarantine and identify contacts -if any -), if negative they carry on with their vacation.

You sure you're thinking of Singapore, doesn't sound anything like it to me https://www.gov.sg/article/covid-19-travel-restrictions-for-foreign-visitors-entering-singapore

3 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

All over the world there is pressure from the greedies and the ill informed to lift restrictions, the more enlightened leaders are having none of it.

I believe Thailand will not be easing any restrictions soon.

especially not gradually considering the Thai persons propensity for following regulations, ever seen a dam burst.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Experts ?, there has never been a pandemic like this since

the 1918 Spanish flu,and I am sure the experts were not alive then.

I would rather they take their time,and wait until cases really go

down.

regards Worgeordie

It will be very hard for the number of cases to drop below their current daily rate. Asymptomatic carriers will ensure there is a steady drip, drip of new cases. Which is why mass testing would ideally be done, to find those asymptomatic carriers. But it’s not cost effective apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No tourists are coming for the foreseeable and that means months.

I cannot see this government wanting foreigners back in a hurry, with the exception of perhaps the Chinese, as the risks of importing the virus will be too great and would undo all the effective work they have apparently done.

Health certificates, fit-to-fly certs and the like are not totally effective, and will not be enough IMO.

If and when Thailand does open for tourism again, it's going to be a cutthroat business, there will be higher crime, more xenophobia and distrust of foreigners, more begging and pestering, more sneak thievery, more scams and more desperation.

It may not be a pleasant place to be coming out of this.

Looks like when I'm able to depart Singapore, I might just head back to U.K..

The wife can join me if she likes ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

the Chinese are usually in quarantine anyway - plane bus hotel bus restaurant bus hotel rinse repeat 

And that is probably why, against the odds, the figures in Thailand are so low. The masses of Chinese tourists simply don't mingle with anyone other than their own group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No tourist, with the exception of the most desperate sex-tourists will bother.

What about me? I visit Thailand three times per year for a month at a time so that I can spend time with my wife and my children. I would happily spend two weeks in quarantine if it meant that I could have two weeks with my family afterwards. It certainly beats not seeing them at all. I know a lot of others who are in my situation, who want to visit their families in Thailand, and that is just in my field of work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No tourists are coming for the foreseeable and that means months.

I cannot see this government wanting foreigners back in a hurry, with the exception of perhaps the Chinese, as the risks of importing the virus will be too great and would undo all the effective work they have apparently done.

Health certificates, fit-to-fly certs and the like are not totally effective, and will not be enough IMO.

If and when Thailand does open for tourism again, it's going to be a cutthroat business, there will be higher crime, more xenophobia and distrust of foreigners, more begging and pestering, more sneak thievery, more scams and more desperation.

It may not be a pleasant place to be coming out of this.

You may be right but you may be wrong because you are applying sensible logic and that is a rarity here .

Amazing Thailand always . 

• Like 2

I am wondering how the future will be in around 3-4 month, when the first wave is close to an end and the world is waiting for the second wave of Covid.

There is probaly still no vaccine against Covid.

I think we will still need to do social distancing, maybe we still have to use facemask.

And about covid and social distancing, how you can fill up a flight, a bus or a train if you must respect social distancing ?

No tourist will come to Thailand or other places, to go to 2 weeks quarantine at the vacation location or in a military camp or whatever. Maybe time to do some very special 2 weeks qurantane massage vacation LOL.

Or tourist maybe should go in 2 weeks quarantine before the travel, to get the thai healt certificate to board the plane, and 2 weeks qurantine in Thailand and then 2 weeks qurantine when they return to their homes.

It looks to be a "great" summer for the tourist industry.

Edited by finnsk
  • Like 1

I think the government should be looking as a first priority once the restrictions are lifted is

Getting their people back to work first 

Rather than concentrating on when they can get the Tourists ( Dollars) coming back to Thailand

Which I think is a long  way back on the list  of priorities 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And, of course, no-one thinks to leave their phone at home if they go out. Really?

Not that easy Barry , your phone has to be with you all times and there is a tracker on it . You will be called  maybe 3 times a day and asked questions which can have voice sound  checks if needed so you cannot be impersonated . The IO may also pay you a visit .

• Thanks 1

"Large department stores may have fewer risks, compared to small air-conditioned shops, the doctor said. Also, entertainment venues that are usually packed with customers, such as pubs and restaurants, should be the last to be reopened, he suggested"

The doctor says that small air conditioned shops are no good for corona but large air conditioned shops are OK. I would say that outdoor venues are better than both.

Outdoor restaurants and beer bars should be the first to re-open.

• Like 2