Am i dead or is this for real!??

Sometimes i wonder if this is all real or if someone is seriously taking the p...on me!? I sometimes struggle with the thought of all this and have thoughts about the reality of it all!??I am not joking! I feel  its almost like when i try to think about the endless space,its just too much now sometimes!??I just wonder if there is any of you too  who have this feeling of unreal??

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I feel for you.  I have endless thoughts about whether to choose between Frosties or Cornflakes for breakfast.  It does my head in....

I guess i would choose your way of thinking everytime!?But like i say getting my own head around this whole mess is for me a struggle????????

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Besserwisser said:

I guess i would choose your way of thinking everytime!?But like i say getting my own head around this whole mess is for me a struggle????????

Yes it certainly felt surreal a few weeks ago, markets crashing and countries destroying their own economies, i did think this can't be real.....anyway the answer is don't think too deeply into it, it doesn't help, just accept where it's going

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

I am not in Thailand now,married to a thai though and she is here with me in Norway luckily.But have Inlaws and other family members there.last i heard they are fine✌️But as i said i can not knock of the feeling that all this is unreal in a way!??Is there no one feeling this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Besserwisser said:

✌️But as i said i can not knock of the feeling that all this is unreal in a way!??Is there no one feeling this?

For me, feeling more scared of contracting this virus and unsure of the future now. 

Have watched too many movies and TV shows based on pandemics or even zombie related (World War Z)  to think something like CV would never happen.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

When all you get is media reports and statistics, and lets be honest they can be easily manipulated. Its hard to know at times whats the truth, what is "real" and what is just someone elses agenda.

Its no wonder there are so many theories and so much  speculation flying around.

True that!But for me i feel a sense of disconnection from the "real" ergo i have strong feelings like "this is totally unreal"?Anyways here is a nice song from Roxette:

1 hour ago, Besserwisser said:

if this is all real or if someone is seriously taking the p...on me!?

what aspect of "this" are you talking about? 

Reality seems to differ between individuals... 

When told he better come back to reality... Murray said, "I'll go but only as a tourist." 

• Haha 1

Maybe it is my age; however, I'm somewhat phlegmatic about this. S##t happens.

Taking zinc and vitamins, using an exercise routine, eating well. If my number is up, it's up and I've had a good life, especially the last ten years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For alot of people life is unreal, they live in a alternative realm of exsistence dropping in on occasion to spout some nonsense. My kids all live in the US while I am here in CM in many ways they are dead to me because the seperation. We are each doing our on thing seperated by many miles you can worry about this to no end or except it for what it is, life goes on even when you are not there.

Be safe life will be different now, I will defiantly avoid all large gatherings

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

the truth is you are a boltzman brain

I dont know if i am a Boltzmann brain, but thanks for the suggestion!hehe i Have now spent the better of 30 minutes to find out what that is!?But  in light of many things happening to me lately i quite agree it is as a possibility????????????Uncertain anyways if its positive or maybe its a nice word for vaccum brain??

Edited by Besserwisser

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Hmmm. we have had many viral outbreaks in the past.  This one is just much more contagious and deadly so more safety measures have been put into place. 

The government restrictions are pretty minor for those of us retired in LOS. 

Infection and death rate very low here in Thailand.  

The USA and UK are reeling in infections and deaths. 

Be glad you are here, and consider yourself "real" fortunate

You say this one is much more contagious than previous outbreaks as if you know it's so.If you know it's so even before it's finished how do you know this?Also more deadly?How do you know it's more deadly than previous viral outbreaks?It hasn't finished yet and there's now way of knowing how deadly it is so again how do you know this?Or is this just your opinion from the searches you've done online and from media sources?

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Infection and death rate very low here in Thailand.

Do you have any idea of the real infection rate?

Interesting number in the UK from some clever statisticians showed 'excess deaths' included 3000 covid related and 2000 non covid related - more people are dying even from other causes (heart attacks) because they're scared maybe to go to hospital and leave it too late.

Bkk post recently had a doctor saying he thinks maybe over 200,000 in Thailand infected - 80% have no symptoms and of the other 20% they only test about 1000 per day.

9 minutes ago, moe666 said:

For alot of people life is unreal, they live in a alternative realm of exsistence dropping in on occasion to spout some nonsense. My kids all live in the US while I am here in CM in many ways they are dead to me because the seperation. We are each doing our on thing seperated by many miles you can worry about this to no end or except it for what it is, life goes on even when you are not there.

Be safe life will be different now, I will defiantly avoid all large gatherings

I thank you for the reply. I think maybe you out of fairly few grasped my point!?Me myself have experienced this "Coronacrisis" they like to call it for over a month now here in Scandinavia. When that is said i have many questions to ask the goverment, but for now i will leave it,(Questions like why is the cure more deadly than the disease-type of questions)II am afraid of AI and i fear this separation of people on an uprecedented level,will make people question their own sanity after a while?Because i think maybe among younger and more internet savvy people lies an knowlegde that everything you hear or watch on internet,may be fake!?Do you have any thoughts about that?Also you have the corporate leaders that like to call a change in the paradigm, and me for sure i  see it as a major gamechanger of the likes we have never seen!?