Extension speed record at Jomtien

BigStar

@BigStar

Thank you for the great report.

As your extension went so well and if you have time, could you list exactly what documents you presented to the IO. In these troubling times it would help immensely to have an up to list for Retirement extension at Jomtien. (also did they ask for TM30).

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Yes, it is good service everywhere now.

I went to the Government hospital for my regular 3 month eye (glaucoma) check and to pick up new drops. Normally there are a hundred people and a wait of 2 - 4 hours.

I was the only one who turned up! The doctors and nurses weren't busy and it was a thorough check-up. Normally they only give me 3 months prescription medicines, but this time they gave me 6 months.

Splendid service.

But I do wonder about all the normal Thai people with regular appointments. If they don't renew their medicines then they may be risking blindness or other symptoms.

Sorry to make you disappointed,but my personal record and "maybe" Jomtien Immigration record for an extension based on retirement is 1 min waiting at desk 8 and 3 min total sitting down until I got the number tag for the passport pickup next day. This was last year on a Thursday late May 1pm. When I stood up and checked my phone it said 1:04pm.

I have done this a few times and my papers were in order. The longest time at desk 8 is 6-7 min. Same time of the year every time. Always after lunch on a Thursday. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Sorry to make you disappointed,but my personal record and "maybe" Jomtien Immigration record for an extension based on retirement is 1 min waiting at desk 8 and 3 min total sitting down until I got the number tag for the passport pickup next day. This was last year on a Thursday late May 1pm. When I stood up and checked my phone it said 1:04pm.

I have done this a few times and my papers were in order. The longest time at desk 8 is 6-7 min. Same time of the year every time. Always after lunch on a Thursday. 

I didn't think this was a competition!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

At one time at Jomtien, if you handed your extension documents in, in the morning you could collect your passport in the afternoon.

Great experience big man , i agree with you that people should wear some normal clothes if going to immigration and some of them do not understand that hence the way they dress . But calling people idiots and pedants and talking about yourself like your the qeeun of england wearing a NICE golfshirt and EXPENSIVE trainers ???? I don't really get that . Do you really think they can see that you are wearing expensive trainers and a nice(expensive) golfshirt , or just knockoffs . Sorry a bit pethatic big man . 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Great experience big man , i agree with you that people should wear some normal clothes if going to immigration and some of them do not understand that hence the way they dress . But calling people idiots and pedants and talking about yourself like your the qeeun of england wearing a NICE golfshirt and EXPENSIVE trainers ???? I don't really get that . Do you really think they can see that you are wearing expensive trainers and a nice(expensive) golfshirt , or just knockoffs . Sorry a bit pethatic big man . 

And would they care if you were a queen?????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Call it preemptive trolling of our trolls. Wind 'em up a bit. ???? Honestly I laughed when I threw that in there. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, BestB said:

So how exactly do you know wearing trousers over cargo shorts made any difference and what is expansive trainers? Was it 299 baht pair?

Well, now, actually I don't own a pair of cargo shorts, but I'm sad for those whose cargo shorts are glued on to the extent that even they do wear trousers, the trousers must be worn over their beloved cargo shorts. Something perverse about that, not to say uncomfortable. Nor do I know what "expansive" trainers are. I can only surmise that you're thinking in terms of your waistline, but I haven't priced those trainers that come in extra wide sizes, if that helps.

3 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Excellent! We'll race again next year using stopwatches. ???? The rest of you guys: join in! (I can see Thursday afternoons getting crowded.)

30 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I included these, simple bank balance method, in this order:

• TM. 7, the main form, Application Temporary Stay In The Kingdom - w/ photo. Add phone# below sig on 1st page. The two pages can be separate, don't need to be front to back.
  • copies of passport pages, include the visa, extension stamp, entry stamp, and TM.6 departure card
  • proof of address - no map or photo needed
  • standard bank letter to Immigration (B100 at BBL)
  • copy of bank book from last 12 months, first page of course, updated last page. Account balances shown must be in accordance w/ the requirements. Strict accordance, I believe. Bring the bank book along if verification needed. If you'd changed bank books (ran out of space on the old one) during the year, then copy the old one too and bring it along.

I dunno if they still give these last two papers and make you sign them, but I included them anyway (easy just print out a copy with all the rest), and they didn't give them back. Adds to the paper pile. ???? My goal is try to ensure that I'm not asked for anything further, no copies, no sigs, no numbers, no nothin'. Not that I'd really mind, and I expect something new at any time, but it's playing the game to see if I can do it. I believe the IOs (on this desk, at least) would really prefer to save their time and your time.

• Criteria for Consideration an application for a stay in the Kingdom - sign w/ phone#
  • The Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay - sign w/ phone#

Sign all, careful that the sigs match that on the passport. Group things together  Fee: B1900.

They did not ask me for a TM30, but I'm an owner, I gave them copies of my yellow book, and I'd left the country for only 2 weeks last year. I've never filled out one. Now, I've been prepared for a fine, but seems they don't care much about me--yet. ????

Much appreciated on the list. 

And for the record I also wear nice clothes (ie: long pants, nice shirt, shoes/socks) to government offices. Whether they notice or not, gives me confidence.

If other cretins think it's not necessary or polite, then to coin a Thai phrase 'up to them'.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Much appreciated on the list. 

And for the record I also wear nice clothes (ie: long pants, nice shirt, shoes/socks) to government offices. Whether they notice or not, gives me confidence.

If other cretins think it's not necessary or polite, then to coin a Thai phrase 'up to them'.

YES! ????

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Yes I've done several retirement extensions over the years in just a few minutes. They are usually pretty efficient at Jomtien. and managing to have everything organized before you go in is not rocket science if you have done at least a few extensions in previous years

If there are delays it's usually because you get in a queue and the numbnuts  ahead of you is poorly prepared and hands over a wad of paper that looks like the dog had a go at it.

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

At one time at Jomtien, if you handed your extension documents in, in the morning you could collect your passport in the afternoon.

And at one time you could get your passport back with the extension  a few minutes after your application was processes..

12 hours ago, BigStar said:

I included these, simple bank balance method, in this order:

• TM. 7, the main form, Application Temporary Stay In The Kingdom - w/ photo. Add phone# below sig on 1st page. The two pages can be separate, don't need to be front to back.
  • copies of passport pages, include the visa, extension stamp, entry stamp, and TM.6 departure card
  • proof of address - no map or photo needed
  • standard bank letter to Immigration (B100 at BBL)
  • copy of bank book from last 12 months, first page of course, updated last page. Account balances shown must be in accordance w/ the requirements. Strict accordance, I believe. Bring the bank book along if verification needed. If you'd changed bank books (ran out of space on the old one) during the year, then copy the old one too and bring it along.

I dunno if they still give these last two papers and make you sign them, but I included them anyway (easy just print out a copy with all the rest), and they didn't give them back. Adds to the paper pile. ???? My goal is try to ensure that I'm not asked for anything further, no copies, no sigs, no numbers, no nothin'. Not that I'd really mind, and I expect something new at any time, but it's playing the game to see if I can do it. I believe the IOs (on this desk, at least) would really prefer to save their time and your time.

• Criteria for Consideration an application for a stay in the Kingdom - sign w/ phone#
  • The Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay - sign w/ phone#

Sign all, careful that the sigs match that on the passport. Group things together  Fee: B1900.

They did not ask me for a TM30, but I'm an owner, I gave them copies of my yellow book, and I'd left the country for only 2 weeks last year. I've never filled out one. Now, I've been prepared for a fine, but seems they don't care much about me--yet. ????

I do not see mention of required Thai health Insurance listed.

13 minutes ago, Morning Person said:

I do not see mention of required Thai health Insurance listed.

I extended a Non-B. Health insurance is only required for Non-OA extensions at this time. Jomtien does appear to be enforcing that rule, 'cause a sign says so. Might be a good time to start changing your visa over to Non-O if you haven't. The interested may learn more about that process in the Visas forum: https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits?ct=1587265039

16 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Yes, it is good service everywhere now.

I went to the Government hospital for my regular 3 month eye (glaucoma) check and to pick up new drops. Normally there are a hundred people and a wait of 2 - 4 hours.

I was the only one who turned up! The doctors and nurses weren't busy and it was a thorough check-up. Normally they only give me 3 months prescription medicines, but this time they gave me 6 months.

Splendid service.

But I do wonder about all the normal Thai people with regular appointments. If they don't renew their medicines then they may be risking blindness or other symptoms.

Which hospital? i use Queen Sirakit ,got to go next month ,and was worried about sitting with dozens of people for hours on end .

11 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

If there are delays it's usually because you get in a queue and the numbnuts  ahead of you is poorly prepared and hands over a wad of paper that looks like the dog had a go at it.

Very true. But normally I've found dates around Songkran, when my extension is due, pretty busy. So in recent years at least (they all run together after awhile) I've always had to wait in a queue--until last week.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:01 PM, bkk6060 said:

Good report and way to go OP for being prepared and having proper dress and presenting yourself well for a professional business appointment.

Those that go in there dressed like filthy bums, then complain about the treatment they receive have no clue and will never get it.

Why don t You complain to the Ministry of Health???? Has extending a Visa become a business??? 555555 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Hey OP, just how big is your trumpet ? cos you don't half like to blow it...............

If you're good, you're good, man. ???? I hope you take my post as a challenge. See if you can meet all the requirements w/o question (read the Visas forum regularly), have ALL the papers filled out precisely right down to the phone nos., and dress nicely, doing us farang proud, for your appearance at the IO desk. Get outta there quickly without having so much as to dot an 'i' or cross a 't'. Report back how smoothly it all went, how well you were treated, rather than just sit around whinging and making cynical comments for your own forum cred. That'd be great and I'd be the first to offer congrats.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

How dare you intimate that my Sovereign wears a golf shirt and trainers. She employs a 'personal dresser' who would advise against such apparel in the strongest possible terms. How very dare you!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Why don t You complain to the Ministry of Health???? Has extending a Visa become a business??? 555555 

The realization that extending a visa at the IO is very much a business transaction, not part of "fun time at the beach," is a first step toward ensuring long-term survival here. In general, doing what you can to promote smooth, pleasant, mutually respectful encounters with Thai gov't officials tends to make life easier. Has always worked well for me, no complaints here. Glad you took the cargo shorts bait, though. Worked a treat.????

• Like 1