Ellen DeGeneres crew left ‘distressed and outraged’ over pay amid coronavirus shutdown, report claims

snoop1130

Ellen DeGeneres crew left ‘distressed and outraged’ over pay amid coronavirus shutdown, report claims

By Adam White

GettyImages-1197847212-1024x682.jpg

Google

Crew members for Ellen DeGeneres’s US talk show have reportedly been left “distressed and outraged” by lack of transparency about pay and working conditions during the coronavirus shutdown.

Sources told Variety that Ellen crew were left in the dark for two weeks about the status of their jobs on the show, which went off the air in March.

The sources alleged that higher-ups in production would only “occasionally” answer phone calls, and that the show’s core crew were told to “brace for a 60 per cent reduction in pay”, despite new episodes of the show still being produced and broadcast.

“Radio silence from producers created anxiety among crew members who feared they would be furloughed and, in that case, would need to explore unemployment benefits,” the report claims.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/ellen-degeneres-show-crew-pay-coronavirus-shutdown-a9469891.html

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Has a long well known history to treat hear staff same dog pooop. Usually aims her frustrations at one of her assistants daily. Last week she said "it was like prison to have to live inside her mansion", created meltdown uproar online.

A true biatch

That was obviously a self deprecating joke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xavnel said:

Oh come on with the spouting rhetoric..... 

"If a guy dies not like a specific woman, he MUST be sexist and hate all women"... 

"If a person does not like this specific gay person, they MUST be homophobic and hate all gays"

How pathetic to think in that manner....  could it be that many people just do not like THIS SPECIFIC PERSON??? ... 

You remind me of Maxine Waters.... she got caught being corrupt,   but then she started screaming "racism, racism"  until the investigation went away.... the investigation had ZERO to do with her race and was about her being dirty.

You obviously didn't bother READING the posts I was referring to!
I agree with you all public people are subject to criticism.

But most of those posts were not that!

That were specifically misogynistic and homophobic.

If you lack the perception to see the difference, that's your problem.

Those hateful posts are there for all to see in black and white.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

So you subscribe to the "Left-Right paradigm"  That would make you a "useful idiot". Now run along and educate yourself as to the meaning of these labels.  

No. I subscribe to the ignore people who use alt-right insult code words about soy milk. That's all I need to know. Goodbye.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

lay off the soy milk champ.  Were you taught to parrot all those nonsense labels in your social science class?  People don't like her because she is a media prostitute promoting social parasites.

"...promoting social parasites."  What does that mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wow. Most of these posts are either misogynistic, homophobic, or both. Impossible to imagine these same people would have said the same things about a straight white man with the same news story. Very sad that so many people are infected with such noxious and blatant bigotry.

I would. I "don't like" ( being polite ) any of those shows that have a prima donna lead that thinks they are special. Nothing to do with gender, political bias or sexual preference.

I very much enjoyed QI with Stephen Fry.

Generes is, IMO, a coward that took romantic female lead roles in movies because she wasn't prepared to come out sooner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wow. Most of these posts are either misogynistic, homophobic, or both. Impossible to imagine these same people would have said the same things about a straight white man with the same news story. Very sad that so many people are infected with such noxious and blatant bigotry.

i have a contender

joe.jpg

• Haha 1

I could care less about Ellen's gender or sexual preferences.

She doesn't hire those staff - the network/studio/production company does.  As for any ongoing "production", most of it is probably "post-production" as I doubt she or any of her guests are showing up at the studio to tape new shows (not to mention I doubt they'd have any "live audiences" either). Which means that all that is probably happening now is the usual "behind the scenes" stuff like video editing and sound recording, to polish the shows before they go to air.

(If I recall, some shows actually record a number of episodes in a single day, which then go into post-production and then get parcelled out over the following weeks. Reminds me of an American Dad episode I saw awhile back where they mention that the Smiths had a 5 week run on The Family Feud and Stan notes that it was all filmed in one afternoon.)

So most of the crew has probably been at home doing nothing for the last couple of weeks anyways, but apparently some think they should still be getting full salary ? Obviously there is a lack of communication and gee, guess what, a lot of people are out of work altogether. Most of them would probably love to still be getting 60% of their salary. For sitting at home and doing nothing.

Are sports stars coughing up their own money to pay salaries of the laid off staff at all the sporting venues they play in ?  Why not ? They are all rich as well (by comparison).
Are other TV/movie stars (like say Oprah and Tom Cruise) generously donating from their own pockets to pay the staff at other networks and production companies ?
Are the CEOs of Fortune 500 companies writing cheques on their personal accounts to pay the staff at all the companies that have had to lay people off because of the crisis ? 

No ?

Only Ellen should have to do that ? 

(Personally, I don't watch Ellen or Oprah or any other daytime <deleted>.)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, I have no way to prove it, but I think none of the people whose comments you refer to would have said the same thing about, say, Sarah Silverman or Samantha Bee. Of course I don't think either of them are inclined toward the same sex, so there's a difference. I have only a vague idea who Ellen Degeneres is and no idea she does to be a celebrity. I vaguely recall seeing her name occasionally, like the Kardashians (who?), and all of them have reputations as unpleasant people. They're also rich as Croesus, which immediately prejudices me against them. Funny, I don't have that feeling against Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus, both of whom are also rich as Croesus.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jingthing, other than the "A true biatch" comment by OnTheGround, I don't see what you're talking about. I think your too sensitive, but boy did your post bring out the 'attitudes'.  Chill, man. She is a 2 faced person in the opinion of many and it's 'supposedly' been documented that she treats her staff like slaves. I don't follow her, just as I didn't follow Oprah, Seth Meyers, John Oliver, Jerry Springer, Regis Philbin or Geraldo, etc.  They are all narcissistic freaks in my opinion.

11 hours ago, BeltAndRoad said:

lay off the soy milk champ.  Were you taught to parrot all those nonsense labels in your social science class?  People don't like her because she is a media prostitute promoting social parasites.

That is your opinion. 

Here is a different one.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/entertainment/explore/tv_personality/Ellen_DeGeneres

TV PERSONALITY
Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres is the 3rd most popular contemporary TV personality and the 3rd most famous. Ellen DeGeneres is described by fans as: Funny, Entertaining, Likeable, Fun and Down to earth.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

That is your opinion. 

Here is a different one.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/entertainment/explore/tv_personality/Ellen_DeGeneres

TV PERSONALITY
Ellen DeGeneres
Ellen DeGeneres is the 3rd most popular contemporary TV personality and the 3rd most famous. Ellen DeGeneres is described by fans as: Funny, Entertaining, Likeable, Fun and Down to earth.

No doubt she is extremely popular. For a dumbed down, traumatized and subverted populace she is "Queen"

• Confused 1