Thailand reports 33 new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Those were closed completely at a minimum of 22 days ago when the emergency decree was enacted, so there should be none from there unless they were in contact with someone who was positive from before the closures went into total effect.

It's likely contact tracing from the clusters that happened earlier. 3-4th generation transmission.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

It's likely contact tracing from the clusters that happened earlier. 3-4th generation transmission.

Thank you DrTuner for putting it in writing, I was kind of alluding to it in my post, but obviously did not quite get it out.  It is of course the only possible way they could have been connected to those previous venues. Family, friends or whatever, it seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.  Worse than that god awful Christmas fruit cake, that should be used as a door stop.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Zimbabwe tried that, didn't they have a million percent inflation at one point

They forgot to put "in god we trust"  on their banknotes .   Seems to work well for one currency.

No need to print any more.   They just add zeros and more zeros to the official

money supply.   Must be like children playing with monopoly money.  Whoopeeee !       " hey Joe,  what comes after trillion ? "

Edited by rumak

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Our Local Hospital is still less busy than at normal times and our two Local Burn Sites are laying idle; strange Charade !

Even in the states some hospital staff are being laid off because of the virus but not what you think. Hospital have had to stop elective surgeries, fewer patients unless you are in a virus hot spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

One really oddball comment from Dr Plipat was that he mentioned pneumonia cases are actually down from usual, although it was from someone else in his group and he "needed to check".

Seem he's just as reliant on "other sources" as any one else then,and doesn't actually "know" much more than what people are telling him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Daily seesaw of numbers.  I wonder what the heck will be the next set of numbers, i will bet it's below 30.  You have to give them credit for at least keeping up the charade, but then I may be totally wrong....

Agreed. You're wrong ????

The same every day, a bare number with new infected and dead ones related to covid-19.  This sensitization of the population may be good, but with these moderate infection rates, it would be appropriate to think of the millions of unemployed who have been struggling to survive every day for weeks and would be happy if they could finally go back to work. The government should really think about the further development and especially about the proportionality of the complete shutdown of the economy. No country is able to do this for a long time without ending itself into a financial catastrophe!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taxin said:

I totally agree, but the numerous TV members who have become Covid 19 experts overnight will disagree.

I agree, the world's virologists must be focusing on TV as it's become such a hotbed of deep expertise. 

(As an aside TV - what's with all the increasing pop-ups and such. Somebody needs to take whoever is doing your design and programming out and explain what a digital quagmire looks like. Awful.)

Edited by Snig27
  • Thanks 2

The problem is that many jobs will not even exist for a long time. Obviously, businesses will not start employing people till life goes back to normal, meaning other Thais earning money ,and  tourists come back. It’s going to be a very hard slog in this country where there are no social benefits. 

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think across the world it's just a case of living with the waves and the risk of catching it, life must go on otherwise countries will go bankrupt

If the PM is asking the 20 richest families for a donation it already is bankrupt.

• Like 1

Hello,

I will be curious to see how many new cases arise from now until April 30th after Songkran , Not so sure Social Distancing Or much mask use was being effectively followed during Songkran.

That will be a good indicator to watch for , The other issue is the lack of testing being done in many places in The World including !! Thailand!! Are really not giving us a true infected # !! 

Edited by Robert Tyrrell
Addition

4 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

Thailand has barely had a first wave. 

They will - when they start testing - for real ….

• Like 2

If??!? the figures are correct, well done to the doctor's, hospital's and the good people of the amazing Kingdom

When this is all over let's hope and pray that the big men in charge put an end to the Chinese "takeover" of the amazing Kingdom.

I still dont believe these numbers of infected Thais ...No way !! I mean no harm to all my thai friends, I wish them good health , but how come that Thailand can be one of the lowest affected countries in the world ( per capita ) ....and a mortality rate next to nothing ??? Are the Thai people immune ??? Or is someone lying .....???

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, geisha said:

Snig27, you’re right about these crazy ads taking up half the page and especially the ones in the middle of what you’re reading , which 9 out of ten clicks will not go away. Disgusting. I’ve complained, it was published and then the subject closed after a few posts. They don’t want to know.

+1

4 hours ago, taxin said:

I totally agree, but the numerous TV members who have become Covid 19 experts overnight will disagree.

You'r just a good as covid 19 expert as all the other TV members with a reaction like this so your comment doesn't make sence . This is a forum so people can say what they think and you can agree or disagree with whatever you want that's the whole point . Has nothing to do with experts or not .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

i keep wondering why thailand has fewer cases.  we are close to china and have many china tourist. Could it be out hot, humid weather? Did we get the pills from china and they work? 

Check out the figures from Cambodia, Lao, Vietnam and Myanmar - all lower than Thailand.

Perhaps they are all in league with one another (unlikely) or maybe transmission/infection levels really are much lower for whatever reason. This is a novel virus - never seen before - and we don't know enough about it yet to reach any proper conclusions.

Even India - where you would expect major devastation - is only reporting a few cases (73 new cases reported today) with a population 15 times greater than Thailand.

There's a lot of questions which just can't be properly answered at the moment...

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Our Local Hospital is still less busy than at normal times and our two Local Burn Sites are laying idle; strange Charade !

People in Thailand can`t afford to go to hospital.

1 hour ago, NoComment said:

If??!? the figures are correct, well done to the doctor's, hospital's and the good people of the amazing Kingdom

When this is all over let's hope and pray that the big men in charge put an end to the Chinese "takeover" of the amazing Kingdom.

Absolutely no chance,, they reap what they sew, this "amazing kingdom" stuffed lots of expats and tourists, so they now have to kow tow to the Chinese and Indians.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Absolutely no chance,, they reap what they sew, this "amazing kingdom" stuffed lots of expats and tourists, so they now have to kow tow to the Chinese and Indians.

I hope so to. But will they ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ray666 said:

People in Thailand can`t afford to go to hospital.

The 30 baht scheme only covers one in the province they are in the family blue book, so if out of the area, they would need to pay the costs the hospital would charge them....So yes you are right many can not afford it, unless they have returned to the fold.