Covid-19 can be contracted by touching objects

rooster59

42 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Self Isolation for 3 weeks!! REALLY ?!????

We've been holed up since they closed the schools in mid March and will remain so until the situation is clear and transparent. Probably until September. 

If anybody ever needed an answer to "why live in a house and not a condo"..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

We've been holed up since they closed the schools in mid March and will remain so until the situation is clear and transparent. Probably until September. 

And now meth addicts are considered ideal citizens. The horror.

Edited by BeltAndRoad
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, johng said:

They forgot to mention that after touching something infected you then have to  introduce it into your body  normally by nose,eyes or mouth.

I think it was covered here:  

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Therefore, we recommend that all citizens wash their hands regularly after handling items

3 hours ago, smedly said:

90 hours I believe is the expert advice

Different materials have a different " active shelf life " for the Virus.

I read a couple of weeks or so ago that Plastic and Stainless Steel had an active life for the Virus of 72 Hours.

43 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So you or your family have not left the house for three weeks to get food, to exercise or for any reason whatsoever ?

If so, I'm surprised but Thais don't think like that. Even my missus who is fairly savvy still go's out to get food every other day.

9 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

So you or your family have not left the house for three weeks to get food, to exercise or for any reason whatsoever ?

Once a week the maid goes get supplies with wife. They look like they're entering a BSL-4 lab. 

We have our own gym, etc. Pretty comfy. I started prepping in January. I myself was out of the house last time for a 10min trip to get my passport back from the 90d agents, otherwise I've been in since February. But that's pretty normal for me anyway, I had enough of Thailand years ago and am on a slow exit plan.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

When I shop I wear latex gloves and use my own bag. I noticed 7/11 started using plastic bags again but I don't allow them to put my items in them either. I place the items in my bag. Take out all items and wash them. I place my bag in the sun for at least 24 hours.

There are many infectious catch 22's. If you touch those public hand sanitizer bottles to give yourself a dab you may catch the virus from someone else who touched it. When taking your temperature the temperature taker must violate social distance protocols. In a condo touch any public door handle and you might as well be shaking hands with one hundred people. Unless one is in total isolation the level of vigilance required is not likely practiced by most. People who don't have symptoms are either lucky or asymptomatic in most cases.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Also, they must wear a face mask for one month to gain confidence among people,” he added.

This makes no sense... those who do not want to risk infection will be wearing masks amongst the "people" until it goes away (like SARS) or there is a vaccine.  Not sure how you "gain confidence" unless everyone who has had it is wearing a tag on their forehead

The viability of this virus on plastic, metal, paper, etc...has been known since the Chinese Wuhan outbreak months ago.   

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sure, it has been said it lives on surfaces several weeks ago.

So, those food deliveries are no safer then eating in a restaurant with proper distancing.

How much do you touch the bags your food comes in?

Outer bag straight in the bin, Inner bag emptied onto my plate, then into the bin.

Now you're gonna complain about how wasteful all the plastic bags are?

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

This makes no sense... those who do not want to risk infection will be wearing masks amongst the "people" until it goes away (like SARS) or there is a vaccine.  Not sure how you "gain confidence" unless everyone who has had it is wearing a tag on their forehead

The viability of this virus on plastic, metal, paper, etc...has been known since the Chinese Wuhan outbreak months ago.   

Perhaps publish protocols for mask using, like correct placement of mask, removal, disposal 

• Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

How much do you touch the bags your food comes in?

Outer bag straight in the bin, Inner bag emptied onto my plate, then into the bin.

Now you're gonna complain about how wasteful all the plastic bags are?

Wash hands, do not touch face

5 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Latex? you forgot latex.  Can you include Latex?  Please can you include latex? Are you there?

"Wearing gloves is a convenient way to minimise contamination and keep our hands clean, but they are only really useful when handwashing is either not possible or insufficient to prevent chemical or biological contamination. And if they are worn, will need to be changed as often as hands need to be washed."

So latex gloves will infect you if you touch your face after touching a surface.  Easier to just wash your hands - IMO

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-the-danger-of-latex-gloves-134701

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps publish protocols for mask using, like correct placement of mask, removal, disposal 

True - I am not 100% sure on this, many masks being sold now here in LOS are basically worthless against the virus(cloth) but people feel better using them, and many Thai's are making a bit of money making and selling them. 

I will be getting a face shield and continue using my 3-ply surgical masks as I have 1 1/2 boxes still. If I use a mask outside I carry hand sanitizer and use it before touching my mask to remove or adjust.  

face masks.jpg

3 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

...which is?

Oh let me guess: a 5G-company in Woohan has experimented with bacterial warfare and then spread the virus by Chemtrails, so the pedophiliac canibals from the NWO and Iluminati can take over America...right?

How did you find out about this?

Prepare to be reeducated. The car with the men in black is already heading to your location. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeltAndRoad said:

Your mansplaining and most likely manspreading while projecting your racist xenophobic homophobic transphobic arachnophobic toxic white male privilege

Learn some new words did you, but no understanding of any of them

Your nic says a lot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

The ones that are convinced they are right! quite a few on here! usually the ones that use wikipedia or snopes as a reliable source & still think Obama was a good president and "Big Mike" was a "first" Lady! ???? 

When did Obama leave office??

DJT>>>> responsibility?? leadership?? how many deaths?? how many infections, great effort.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

how on earth did they conclude this ?(not saying it's not possible). in order to contract from touching something - someone infected would have had to touch the item first ............ so who was that person ????????

.... and therein lies the problem...

Just trying to remember which old bag passed the virus to me, and the thought of ordering take away and it being delivered by some greasy Grab or Panda rider that's been who knows where kinda makes you yearn for food that doesn't smell and taste like styrofoam mixed with brake fluid....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have been reading the posts from many on here.   Staying at home has brought many out

from the woodwork.   All i can say is "god help us"  !    And i don't even believe in martians

Good to publicise it. But to me my other response is DEEERRR !!! It's been touted for at least a month or more that Covid 19 is persistent in remaining viable for prolonged periods outside of the body and on all sorts of surfaces (way beyond previously known influenza viruses).

I've been washing with soap and hot water all my reusable shopping bags every them I return home from the supermarket.

Me thinks more catch-up by the powers that be. 

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Once a week the maid goes get supplies with wife. They look like they're entering a BSL-4 lab. 

We have our own gym, etc. Pretty comfy. I started prepping in January. I myself was out of the house last time for a 10min trip to get my passport back from the 90d agents, otherwise I've been in since February. But that's pretty normal for me anyway, I had enough of Thailand years ago and am on a slow exit plan.

I'm glad you are doing every that is being recommended but your wife and maid are out of the house once a week and whilst mitigating risks can still catch this damned virus. This woman alledges she self-isolated for three weeks which I doubt very very much. I'm pretty sure she popped out for food so how can she be sure she got this from a bag. That was my point.