No Covid-19 cases in Surat Thani for eight days

rooster59

No Covid-19 cases in Surat Thani for eight days

By THE NATION

800_c6a296e1c492370.jpg

Surat Thani public health office on Saturday (April 18) reported that there had been no new confirmed cases of Covid-19 for eight consecutive days.

The southern province has had a total of 18 confirmed cases of which 13 have recovered and five are under treatment in hospitals.

Meanwhile, Buriram Hospital, has opened a laboratory for testing Covid-19 infection, which can give results in five hours.

Buriram has not had a new case for 14 straight days. Of the total 13 confirmed cases, one died, eight have recovered and returned home and the rest are undergoing treatment in hospitals.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386323

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-19

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

The why all the extending lockdowns alcohol bans etc?

Because before all this virus malarky started, the anti government movement was starting to get louder...

Can't hear them if you lock them up in their own homes ????

Same goes for a few countries no doubt..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Can't hear them if you lock them up in their own homes

Ditto the unemployed masses, open up, and with no jobs to go to, what are they going to be doing with their time?

'The devil makes work for idle hands to do' 

- they wouldn't want that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

There is a lot of Governors/health officials saying they haven't had any new confirmed cases but never state whether they are doing any testing ?

It is a little hit and miss, today i went to BigC for a weekly shop, before leaving checked my temp oral 37.1 good of i go complete with mask.

I was pleased to have a temp screen on the way in gun to the forehead 33.2 nope i said not possible she said no you ok Mr go go, i went to the second entrance and lets try again 36.1 quite ok with that.

So the first reading was wrong and if there was 2.9 degrees difference somebody with a temp of 40.0 at door 1 would show 37.1 and be told you ok mr go go, i think it was difficult for the girl on door 1 to hold the temp checker and speak on the phone to her friend, if they can find one i suggest they put a multi tasked on thermo duties as it is rather important to customers and staff

• Haha 1