Back to business – time for Thailand’s tourist industry to get ready

webfact

If it comes to needing a medical certificate/ proof of immunity certificates, Id recommend going to medconsult clinic. They provided my partner with one; easy online booking, quick and cheap. It was less than 1000 baht. They also are providing the Chula Coronavirus virus antibody test now

7 minutes ago, edwardFuture said:

First thing is to get rid of the penniless 'tourists'. This is not rocket science. Remove the visa exception for everyone. Then the Embassy will make sure you have a  real job (not blogger,  selling <deleted> online, etc), a stable income, insurance --of course-- savings and all your trip sorted out (tickets in/out, bookings). This way you can filter out a lot of bad people in the Kingdom.

That would kill the invasion force from the Motherland. No dice.

2 hours ago, transam said:

There are those whose stuff must go over your head, I have a list, think I am on it too....????

Some of the stuff goes through at ankle height as well........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't worry, us expats will take care of the girls for you, they are already making their way back

Careful you don't succumb to exhaustion instead of a virus.

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Forget about China, it's just getting started over there, their controls will eventually fail, they already are.

While COVID is circulating in the world inbound travelers to China are subject to a 2 week quarantine - that kills all Chinese tourism dead right there for as long as this measure exists.

A vaccine and/or herd immunity is the only way out of this while it's still 'moving around' anywhere in the world, if the immunity thing isn't long lasting then this could easily last a decade.

There's never been a vaccine for a coronavirus before, the only 4 human coronaviruses known to man prior to SARS/MERS and COVID are some of the common colds and there's no vaccine for any of them, we didn't really require a vaccine for the common colds though.

2 hours ago, edwardFuture said:

First thing is to get rid of the penniless 'tourists'. This is not rocket science. Remove the visa exception for everyone. Then the Embassy will make sure you have a  real job (not blogger,  selling <deleted> online, etc), a stable income, insurance --of course-- savings and all your trip sorted out (tickets in/out, bookings). This way you can filter out a lot of bad people in the Kingdom.

Fine, also the Archa in a can drinker should be deported just...because.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

All I ask of a hotel or motel room is clean, moderate cost, aircon, big bed. A smart TV with a USB port is a bonus.

It's an advantage to have a Thai GF. Mine can find good rooms well off the tourist track, and we always inspect the room first. I defer to her when it comes to thumbs up or thumbs down.

One weird situation arose in Sukhothai, where the manager said yes he had a room available, no we could not look at it. IMO with that attitude, he'll be out of business first.

Yep.  I always see the room before I pay.  Several times find out it is right next to the loud dinging elevator bell that goes on all night long, or right over the car park and too many motorcycles come and go, or facing the street or whatever.  On my longer stays I really do like a piece of furniture chair that is comfortable.  Flipper Lodge used to have nice simple rooms with soft cushions then they remodeled and I gave up on that. 

14 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Mid-2022

Maybe earlier, maybe a lot later.  But sure!  

All these exciting stories mean nothing when people cannot get travel insurance from an epidemic, flights aren't going, and the world is in recession.  

For Thais the real agony is only just beginning I fear.  

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

Insurance.?. The type of Tourists that come here rely on Go Fund Me, Scamming on on You Tube, or a whip round back home as Insurance. It may put descent families off  but not the Riff Raff who make up the bulk that visit here.

Decent.

9 hours ago, Sujo said:

Even if thailand opens up and lifts quarantine it must rely on other countries doing the same.

No on is going on a holiday when upon return their home country quarantines them for 2 weeks.

Thailand can do nothing, it is in the hands of other countries.

Or even having to transit through an intermediate airport to change planes for example.  If transiting through Taiwan on the way from Bangkok to the USA or through a Chinese airport such as Pudong or if on Cathay Pacific flying through Hong Kong.  Any place along the way may either stop the traveler or, the fact the traveler touched that intermediate country may trigger something when they get home.  Just something to keep track of and be mindful of

First step is to allow those of us who are expats who have been locked out of Thailand wanting to get back to our homes.  We at least will get back to spending and investing in the local communities and Thai economy.  You can demand COVID19  negative certification upon arrival, quarantine requirements for 14 days and another test.  Me and others need to get back ASAP as we are stranded.  

Next, you can allow select countries which have close to defeated the virus to come to Thailand as tourists.  That will be when there is the all clear.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I predict there will be no cure or vaccine for covid. It is something the world will have to live with. Thailand like other countries will be forced to go back to business. It will be the new normal. In a couple of months Thailand will get desperate and tourism will start again.

Masks, testing and tracing can be very effective. Test everyone with a 15 minute test when they arrive in the airports world wide. Free health care if you do catch covid in Thailand. Free quarantine too in good facilities. That is the way forward.

8 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

I predict there will be no cure or vaccine for covid. It is something the world will have to live with. Thailand like other countries will be forced to go back to business. It will be the new normal. In a couple of months Thailand will get desperate and tourism will start again.

Masks, testing and tracing can be very effective. Test everyone with a 15 minute test when they arrive in the airports world wide. Free health care if you do catch covid in Thailand. Free quarantine too in good facilities. That is the way forward.

Nice thoughts.

I doubt the Thai government will follow them though.
Healthcare is big business here in Thailand.

1 minute ago, eeworldwide said:

Nice thoughts.

I doubt the Thai government will follow them though.
Healthcare is big business here in Thailand.

They have to get tourism back again. As time goes by the world will have no choice but get back to work and accept the risks.  They need to offer incentive. Beside if you get sick in their country it is the least they can do.

Just now, Don Chance said:

They have to get tourism back again. As time goes by the world will have no choice but get back to work and accept the risks.  They need to offer incentive. Beside if you get sick in their country it is the least they can do.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but in 17 years I've never seen the Thai authorities do anything that makes sense.
Especially not for other people.

But I agree that we will have to take the risk and just get on with life. I just hope this thing doesn't mutate to where it starts to really affect children. 

If it does - it's well and truly game over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eeworldwide said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but in 17 years I've never seen the Thai authorities do anything that makes sense.
Especially not for other people.

But I agree that we will have to take the risk and just get on with life. I just hope this thing doesn't mutate to where it starts to really affect children. 

If it does - it's well and truly game over.

Covid is dangerous to younger people some teens have died, i heard about a 5 year old who died. People in their 30's and 40's can be seriously ill.  Thailand lives with dengue and other disease, malaria in Africa.

Covid is worse but still something to live with in the long run, that can be minimized.

The rich will isolate and wait it out, the poor will have no choice, just as they get bitten by more mosquitoes

Thai authorities like authorities all over the world will have no choice but restart the economy. Mass poverty will kill more than covid which only affects 2 out 10 people; with 1 in 1000 dying. There is no way the governments can keep lock down go on for that much longer. imo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1