Guards chief: U.S. warships will be destroyed if they threaten Iran in Gulf

snoop1130

7 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Well, we'll see how that goes.

Iran needs to be careful the Potus is looking to deflect the Covid issue and for sure the sinking of a few Iran boats would make the front pages for a few days 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I have ordered our naval forces to destroy any American terrorist force in the Persian Gulf that threatens security of Iran’s military or non-military ships,” Hossein Salami said.

“Security of the Persian Gulf is part of Iran’s strategic priorities.”

"God will roast their stomachs in hell" springs to mind from Baghdad Bob ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Neville Chamberlain had similar thoughts to yourself.

Unfortunately appeasing bullies doesn't seem to work.

OMG. There is simply no way on God's Earth that scenario can be compared with skirmishes in the Gulf (where there are no international waters).

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

remember USS LIBERTY, never underestimate your enemy

The USS Liberty was a WW2-era cargo ship fitted for intelligence gathering and very lightly armed. The Israelis attacked first with war planes then torpedo boats, but the Liberty still made it to port. That was over 50 years ago, I am guessing that situation does not apply to the Gulf Area now.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

and would increase the price of oil in a New York minute and make the US's otherwise totally unsustainable fracking industry borderline viable.

It would. It would also save the Russian and Saudi economies horrible pain. China though is thrilled with free oil as the world's biggest importer. 

The US goes both ways, it's the largest producer but not a net exporter. As the world's second largest manufacturer the US also benefits from cheap oil.  The primary goal of fracking is to keep global prices low. Benefits everyone except major oil exporters.

9 minutes ago, rhyddid said:

Well said and completely agrees, I just hope they will not do, as any human life lost is bad and also avoid another long oil war, as US is just try to escalate matters to go into full war, only matter that will safe trump from losing elections.

Nope, there are some people that just need killing and I can name a few in Iran.

Talk is cheap. At best they could launch some cruise missiles at the warships. But the retaliation could literally wipe out all their military assets, and it might be a good idea to take out the iyatolla cockamamie while they are at it. The Iranian people would be glad to get rid of their irrational anti woman leader.....Gee, he sounds like somebody else we know. Yuck yuck yuck

5 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Millions of Iranians people disagree with their government especially among young people who even have to hide to listen to music

but nuke all of them yes, I hoppe one day karma will answer to you and all those who make this kind of criminal proposition!

I agree. But what with some surgical actions with drones. The Iran folks need no Ayatollahs and need no revolutionary guards. Calculation might include some tolerable collateral damage.

Edited by sweatalot

2 hours ago, sucit said:

America is far away. Why do they even have ships in the Persian Gulf?

I wonder what would happen if Iranian war ships showed up in the Gulf of Mexico. 

We're there to protect the shipping lanes, keep commerce flowing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

theyve been asking for a pasting for years for bombing oil tankers so nows a good time for the yanks to blast the military sites with a few cruise missiles .before they get too powerfull with rockets

hey now, how come it's got to be a yank attack. We're not the only ones in the gulf.

• Like 2