"No evidence" that recovered COVID-19 patients cannot be reinfected: WHO

rooster59

58 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

Is it my imagination, or is this beginning to sound just like the good old flu that we have grown to love, and definitely tolerate, over the past several decades ?

If you mean the a flu like H1N1 in it's early stages, yeah sure. That's the point, "early stages". Even if mortality is same, you are more likely to get it right now, because there's no herd immunity or vaccine. In a few decades you might have "learned to love" COVID-19 because the people around you that are immune protect you.

11SCI-VIRUS-TRACKER1-superJumbo.jpg

Don't end up in the part over the line in the red. Stay home, stay safe.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and of course, they have not produced a vaccine for either Malaria, a massive killer, or Dengue. 

We might end up living in a world where we all wear respirators and face shields, carry some from of hand sanitizer all the time and use it after touching anything; and during viral season for several months of the year borders close and people have to take large doses of anti-viral drugs to try and ensure they don't get infected.

Also don't forget since the outbreak of the original SARS-CoV in Hong Kong in 2003 (revised death rate 15% and 50% for people over 64), we have also seen MERS-CoV in 2012 with a death rate of 34% 

SARS-CoV-2  is the third coronavirus to affect humans in 17 years, but for sure won't be the last. 

My money is on MERS-CoV-2 appearing in the next 6 or so, or possibly it will be something as yet unseen. 

Either way, I fully expect to be alive when the big one hits (big as in whole families dying in the homes).  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I am not sure of the biology here, but if you can get the virus twice or more, how can a vaccine possibly work? Vaccines work by stimulating the production of antibodies to the virus, just as if you had caught the virus itself.   if the antibodies do not protect you from re infection, neither will a vaccine? 

This is correct. A vaccine does not protect you from infection with the virus.

Same like with the vaccine for seasonal flu. You would still test positive for the virus but develop a very mild version of the illness, or be asymptomatic.

But you would still likely test positive.

This is what a vaccine does.

Just like the other vaccines, many people will not do one. I have never done the annual flu vaccine in my life and i'm in my late 30s.

Edited by lkv

5 minutes ago, seancbk said:

My money is on MERS-CoV-2 appearing in the next 6 or so, or possibly it will be something as yet unseen. 

I think it'll be SARS-CoV-3, as they are very likely still messing with bats in labs. There will be one for sure and the likeliest source is the usual one, China.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Well thank goodness I am as old as I am.  I'm not at all sure that I want to live in such a World. 

One gets used to a lot of things. People got used to living in tiny concrete cubes after roaming free on the plains and they weren't even rounded up by the police or anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

We might end up living in a world where we all wear respirators and face shields, carry some from of hand sanitizer all the time and use it after touching anything; and during viral season for several months of the year borders close and people have to take large doses of anti-viral drugs to try and ensure they don't get infected.

Also don't forget since the outbreak of the original SARS-CoV in Hong Kong in 2003 (revised death rate 15% and 50% for people over 64), we have also seen MERS-CoV in 2012 with a death rate of 34% 

SARS-CoV-2  is the third coronavirus to affect humans in 17 years, but for sure won't be the last. 

Either way, I fully expect to be alive when the big one hits (big as in whole families dying in the homes).  

I think it may end up being a case of the boy who cried wolf.  when we DO get a virus worth shutting down the world for, they will have already blown their load on this one and lost all credibility.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seancbk said:

Blimey! Shades of Mona Lott, the Cockney housekeeper in the Tommy Handley wartime radio show, ITMA (picture below). Her catch-phrase was, "It's bein' so cheerful what keeps me goin'!"

Britain is no country for old men: Britain is no longer a ...

12 hours ago, rabas said:

Let us remove the mask from this piece of disinformation.

Insinuation: WHO didn't say there was no evidence of H2H, must be twitter twaat.

FALSE: From WHO's own website January 12:

"The evidence is highly suggestive that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan. The market was closed on 1 January 2020. At this stage, there is no infection among healthcare workers, and no clear evidence of human to human transmission.  "

Said the WHO, on their official website, for the entire world to read.

Also note the deception about the seafood market, we now know the Chinese authorities knew of many cases pre-dating the food market by up to 1.5 months.

Also, poster "holy cow cm" noted in post #13 that it was a seafood market. I have read that the the bats carrying this virus are small, not the popular larger fruit bats sold in wet markets.

Presumably biological warfare (defense) labs will be doing a thorough investigation of this "natural" virus. It seems to be remarkably useful for dismantling the defenses of an island. All that's needed is a vaccine to finish the takeover. 

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

and of course, they have not produced a vaccine for either Malaria, a massive killer, or Dengue. 

Malaria is caused by a parasite. There is a new vaccine for dengue, but it has its limitations in its usage. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

It will also, of course, mean fewer customers for Bill Gates' planned COVID 19 vaccine. Big-hearted Bill, the WHO's biggest donor to the tune of 327 million dollars, has a fortune riding on seven factories to churn out shots he wants made mandatory for every man, woman and child on the planet.

My mates brother , reckons this super virus , was created  in a laboratory .

Then dumped in a strategic location.

The rest is just pandemic panic..

Edited by elliss

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

That won't happen, at least here anyway. 90% of people aren't wearing masks. Went to Lowes yesterday and they had the SD marks on the floor. However that makes lines long and people have to go between the people in line to get around. Useless exercise in futility. If the virus hangs in the air it is completely pointless. 

Take a crowded city like NYC you will have to assign days people go out to make it work. Something like snow plowing even street odd street system. You have more chance of getting it in some crowded apartment that is like a cruise ship than going out in my opinion. In fact people are getting less healthy staying in. I would not hesitate to go to a beach in Florida. Less dangerous than the grocery store.

Food production is increasingly becoming constrained. No more government checks are coming. Tick tock tick tock. 

The attitude in the area I live seems to be that we are going to leave free or die. If no herd immunity ever happens it's a world no longer worth living in anyway. As grim as all that is I think it will be okay and am happy and just go on with life. I am guessing many people will leave the cities if the employment level stays how it is.

Also for the relative safety in living in lower density areas. I am looking for signs that say "No Vagrancy" to donate to my nearest town. Great Depression style.

In Michigan they are forbidding people from going to their lake cabins and cabins in the remote woods. Dumb policy. They should say go there and stay there but get your supplies and gas where you are. Don't stop off at gas stations just to pee and buy a coke. 

Of course anyone can get reinfected, it is obvious and normal. If the virus or virons are in the air you breathe, you can get reinfected. The point is that it takes time for the antibodies to discover the invasion and track down the individual viruses. This is why when you get reinfected with the common cold it takes a few hours of feeling a cold is coming until the immune system's antigens from a previous infection kick in and start fighting the infection. Until there is herd immunity, people will be reinfected. Fortunately the W.H.O clarified their statement, the day after, saying that they meant that there is no evidence of immunity if you have antibodies, because that is always what they say prior to tests and research having confirmed that there is immunity. They do expect people with immunity to be immune for a time. The period of immunity can only be established with time.

On 4/26/2020 at 12:05 AM, ukrules said:

So now we have the WHO telling us that there's no evidence our immune systems work.

The reason most people didn't die and went on to produce detectable antibodies is because the immune system beat the virus, if it didn't then they would all have died.

I think this is the WHO railing against any kind of 'immunity id' - sounds political.

I'd like to see the antibody test results on the Chinese population, I'm sure many governments of the world would also like to see this, especially if there are big differences between the 'strains' released into different populations.

The Chinese will beHtested one way or another, right now I suspect it will be when they enter foreign countries.

Who is so corrupt

antibodies build immunity 30 to 90%

so a 2nd case will be milder if at all

othwrwise humans were extinct 200000 years ago

• Like 1