Safety guarantee added to lure tourists back to ‘Amazing Thailand

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Davo369 said:

Yep... I'm stranded in the UK, its gonna be at least  December before i can return To see me wife and son.

Yep I'm stuck on Australia.I hope I can get to Thailand before Xmas but I expect it'll be next year

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Quite right, if they stick with those two requirements, nothing is going to change. Impossible to obtain and the possibility of 14 days self-isolation. I think most people will abandon any plans for this year now.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving country. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Don Chance said:

A Korean company has a covid test that gives result in 15 minutes. Test everyone when they arrive at the airport. Better yet test them before they come to Thailand.

Next offer free quarantine accommodations and free medical coverage if a tourist gets sick in Thailand.

Additional charges will apply on arrival for the test, thats for sure.

13 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

Thailand has not been amazing for a long time.

Once the convid is under control, the vast majority of people will take 2 years just to make up for lost income.  On top of that people will be tackling their debt.

Ludicrous to think people en masse will be returning to Thailand, or any other country quickly.

How about treating the dirty Farang with more respect, get rid of dual pricing and actively abolishing scams.  That would be a small start.  And find a way of reducing the girls overcharging for opening their legs, with mostly rubbish service.

Even if people in the tourist and associate industries go back to work they will be few tourists to service.. I can't see people in the western world coming in numbers of any significance.. Flights will be twice the price at a guess. People will be trying to make back money which they have lost due to furlows etc. Make up their pensions. That's if they have jobs. No one knows what they will have to provide health certificate wise to enter another country or insurances. Its not going to be the same again.. I see Tourist cities here being like ghost towns. Massive change will happen... Thailand as time goes on will have to adjust. Rebrand.. Only my thoughts... But speaking to family and friends no one I know will entertain long haul flights. The covid 19 virus will peak in different parts of the world and msybe return. Too many worries for many people...

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government is launching a new tourism measure to boost confidence for domestic and international travellers after the Covid-19 crisis. The “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration”

This has to be fake news, everyone knows "Health & Safety" belongs with "Maintenance" - It just doesn't happen in Thailand

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

Once the convid is under control, the vast majority of people will take 2 years just to make up for lost income.  On top of that people will be tackling their debt.

Ludicrous to think people en masse will be returning to Thailand, or any other country quickly.

How about treating the dirty Farang with more respect, get rid of dual pricing and actively abolishing scams.  That would be a small start.  And find a way of reducing the girls overcharging for opening their legs, with mostly rubbish service.

Well... everything in first paragraphs you wrote are certainly right and on the mark. However... you should have left out the last paragraph all together as it just made what you said at the onset the ramblings of a farang only here for the girls and the paid for ... intimacy. Therefore denigrating the well thought out and presented previous points raised.

23 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

Even if people in the tourist and associate industries go back to work they will be few tourists to service.. I can't see people in the western world coming in numbers of any significance.. Flights will be twice the price at a guess. People will be trying to make back money which they have lost due to furlows etc. Make up their pensions. That's if they have jobs. No one knows what they will have to provide health certificate wise to enter another country or insurances. Its not going to be the same again.. I see Tourist cities here being like ghost towns. Massive change will happen... Thailand as time goes on will have to adjust. Rebrand.. Only my thoughts... But speaking to family and friends no one I know will entertain long haul flights. The covid 19 virus will peak in different parts of the world and msybe return. Too many worries for many people...

Wait until those who were engaged in the debt-fuelled building binge suddenly can't make their debt payments.  Them and the 1/3 of the country who used to have jobs but don't any longer, but are still saddled by the easy-breezy debt offered by banks. As the banks all claim that the huge private and consumer debt pools they have been financing haven't over-extended the banks who soon will not be receiving money from their equally over-extended debtors. 
"But the return of tourism will save us all!"
<cue the sound of an implosion>  1997 anyone? 

Edited by connda

14 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Idiots. When they remove the COVID-19 "certificate" requirement, plus 100K USD insurance requirement, they may get some tourists back.

They don't seem to realise airlines worldwide have drastically curtailed services, because they have no passengers.

The Days of Tourism for the masses worldwide are heading to the history basket. Most airlines will cancel or reduce frequency on many routes including Thailand. Also some Airlines will go bust thus reducing capacity to reach most routes.

Add the facts that surviving airlines will have to upgrade cleaning of check in security gates and onboard planes will add extra costs plus the fact that when the people return to jobs those lucky enough to have one left will not be taking holidays for a long time they will be paying back debt and loans borrowed to survive. Don't forget even those planes left flying will have a capacity issue between 50 to 70 % due to social distancing that will also up the price of tickets. Then add the other issues of Insurance Medical Certs Visa requirements and the fact that if you happen to have a slight temperature you may not be allowed on the flight good luck getting your money back.

I think its safe to say that 50% of the Tourism industry Workers in Thailand should return to their provinces to work on the farm or take care of grandmas buffalo.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mr mr said:

Corruption and greed never take a holiday.  Times like these just put more folks on the greed train because they feed off of others needs and wants, and continue to do what they want thinking they have impunity.  Thailand or LOS (Land of Swindles)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alex 012 said:

exactly. It makes me sad to say that Thailand is not the country it once was. It used to be a great place but over the past 5 to10 years the feeling we are not welcome is very obvious. 

This guarantee is silly. The virus doesn't care about a piece of paper saying it's all safe now. The reality that is clear to the rest of the world is the virus is here for a good while yet. The whole world is effectively treading water and trying the balance lock down measures with economic woes and that will not change until an effective virus is available. we ALL know that now. What will happen if someone catches the virus after receiving the guarantee? Thailand is going to have to find other ways to boost their economy rather then tourism.

• Like 1

The only thing Amazing about Thailand now is how these dumb officials still believe their own spin and b****hit about how Amazing Thailand is. The only Amazing thing for the foreseeable future is that Quality Tourists ever come back, Especially when treated as other posters have mentioned, by a bigoted threatening bullying immigration officers, dual pricing, rip offs around every corner, the list is endless.......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ToThailand said:

As it is now it aint so cheap in thailand anymore. Still cheaper compared to europe and so on but much more expensive there these days. Land lords charge alot more rent to business owners for example then the business owners have to increase prices and so on.

I missed the days when Thailand was super cheap. You're right though, even now Thailand, outside BKK, is still cheaper with accomodation than Europe. You don't necessarily pay less, but you get a bit more for the money.

For tourists the cheap food will still be a draw. Once it all gets going again. The women are big draw. The weather is a major draw. Beaches. Culture, temples, markets, etc. 

They'll be back.

• Thanks 1

Here we go again with the two 'Top Stories' of the T-V newsletter emailed to me. Story 1. Stay in your homes! Lockdown continues thru May.  Story 2.  Hello, tourists! Get out of your homes and come visit! Your safety is guaranteed!   So, apparently, on the one hand we need to stay home but, on the other hand, tourists soon don't.  

• Like 1