CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

22 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Just shows that this government does not trust its own citizens it’s bad enough being in lockdown but to extend the alcohol ban is <deleted> stupid . I hope the government are going to issue free of charge medication for those who have drink issues as they will be doing cold turkey there is no other country in the world that has made such an idiotic decision.

valium is dirt cheap from the government hospitals

gabapentin is another good replacement and available to pharmacies, more expensive though

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Right on the very day it was decided that the population here of 69 million with no death's from covid, as of yesterday , can't buy alcohol until further notice!

Whats goin on!

i don't know,  but there's 99 members hovering over this thread in disbelief ( well, minus a few goody goodies)  .      This ban may even sway a few members over to the side of us conspiracy theory guys   ????????????????????        BTW:  that new app you have just installed on your phone has

an alcohol sensor in it !    bet you didn't know that     

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

That announcement is still compatible with the proposal done yesterday: ban will start 3rd of may, but 1st and 2nd of may ?

I would like to have your optimism. 

Even though I am not a drinker for medical reasons, I would be pretty <deleted> off if they took the right of my morning coffee away. It is a freedom expressed. On Twitter, there are circulating many reasons why such bans are in place and I would most likely get barred from TV if I started to write them. Also from from another well know website saying all emergency decrees to remain in place for another month. Lets see what happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheDark said:

We'll be healthier than before, once alcohol ban is lifted. 

Not a bad time to stop drinking altogether and spend the time and money to something else?

Some say that it takes 3 weeks to change habits, good or bad. Now we have ample of time to do just that.

Enough if the preaching, <deleted>! Some of us are able to drink to moderation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It has nothing to do with 'feeling normal'. It has a lot to do with enjoying a glass of wine or a beer with a meal in the evening and a lot to do with individual choice.

Notice no-one is trying to tell you that you must drink alcohol. Why not tell everyone to go to church as well on Sunday instead of say,  playing golf?

I tell people to go to church, and don’t play golf because it’s a lazy man’s game, but nobody listens to me ????

4 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Playing devil's advocate, why is smoking allowed??

This virus affects the lungs, that link is way more obvious

Rumor has it that when restaurants/cafes reopen the government intends to ban McDonalds and KFC since it seems incorrect diet depletes your immune system. 

Smokes to follow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

in times of social and economic stress, we need to be on the top of our games to handle what is happening at home. We should really ask ourselves, what risks we are taking in leaving people under lockdown in their homes with a substance that is harmful both in terms of their health and the effects of their behaviour on others, including violence?  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4