CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

I honestly don't know which is more annoying, the prattle about maybe having to go a few weeks without a drink. (TiT- seek and ye shall find..) or the sanctimonious prats who always appear in such threads throwing out words like 'dependency' and 'inebriates'. 

No, on second thoughts, it's definitely the latter. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Funny thing. New study shows nicotine helps fight coronavirus 

Another funny thing.  Everybody is out of work..... except scientists, doctors, politicians, "experts",  DRUG companies,

people who are reporting 24/7 all this garbage,   and   last but not least  :  all those people doing studies

Edited by rumak

3 minutes ago, micmichd said:

People get careless when drunk. 

Only in Thailand? 

Because I don't know any other country which has a alcohol ban ... other than Muslim countries.

Or are there?

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

I just wonder that there is little influence from beverage companies. Thought they were better connected. Surely they lose a lot of revenue these days. 

They didn't prove very "cooperative" last week, so they are now going to count the cost.

Venal, and I suggest, bad enemies to make.

11 minutes ago, dpcjsr said:

I have all but given up drinking but when this is over I am going to indulge once again. 

The government has inspired my rebellious side. 

Thanks!

Oh that's a real dilemma. Should I down a tankerful of beer to spite the usurpers, or should I think about my health. I'll need to ponder that one with a cold beer in hand.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

My Thai neighbor got arrested couple of hours ago. Let his wife go but he's still at the police station.

20 bottles of liquor... and primarily he had been stopped for driving without a helmet, then a question "what's in the bag" and go go go to the police station.

So if you are in a hunt for some booze be a perfect resident.

Also to cover your purchase use empty tea bottles, Oolong Tea (POKKA), 1.5L ones are good and large enough.

And for very desperate folks... 70% medical ethanol, 50/50 mix with water and then juice etc. 50-70 THB per bottle (450ml) at BigC (when available).

My God - people must be desperate!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Only in Thailand? 

Because I don't know any other country which has a alcohol ban ... other than Muslim countries.

Or are there?

Greenland, Nuuk
South Africa
Aisne, a region in northern France
Mexico (still legal in Mexico City and most of the country. But some local officials restricted the sale in some municipalities).
Thailand

1 minute ago, Chaaang said:

Greenland, Nuuk
South Africa
Mexico (still legal in Mexico City and most of the country. But some local officials restricted the sale in some municipalities).
Thailand

add Laos

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

I’m basically tea total,totally so in Thailand,but  abroad just now. But just to rub it in I’m gonna open this excellent bottle of wine tonight (it’s been hanging around for a year). It,along with the irony will be delicious and at the expense of all you lot tearing your hair out simply because you can’t get alcohol- the very definition of dependency-. Have a word with yourselves! 

4EF4EE44-C3EF-44D1-90B5-DEADDC39B62D.png

Don't be so smug. Your wine may have corked and rendered it undrinkable 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

Greenland, Nuuk
South Africa
Thailand

Thanks

All on the blacklist now ????

5 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Seems that the ban is already ordered to the end of may.

Villa market, bkk sukhumvit 33

20200430_183554.jpg

Yeah. May 31, 2020 is optimistic. Never going to happen.  May 31, 2021 maybe in a best case scenario.

Anutin is on record saying alcohol is too dangerous to sell until we have a vaccine. Meaning it is going to be this way for at least a year.  It also telegraphs that these guys are planning on keeping the emergency decree in place until a vaccine is available. They might as well just pull the aisle down entirely and put something else in its place.

It is going to be a long time before sales resume.

1 hour ago, Knocker33 said:

So have any of these control freaks given any reason for this moronic ruling or do they just like really pi$$ing thousands of people off

1. No.

2. Yes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Rumor has it that when restaurants/cafes reopen the government intends to ban McDonalds and KFC since it seems incorrect diet depletes your immune system. 

Smokes to follow.

They will also ban TV's. Sitting is not good for your health. We will all be sent to re-education camps where we will learn to be good citizens.

• Haha 1

bottom line the people who make the rules never have to live by them.... the rules made are not just thailand and  not always for health or well being.. is control ... power to control....you keep hearing .. new normal...get ready.. new world.... new way of life... many places will see this as a way to manipulate our lives but will call it in the name of good.....as they are doing now.....like seat belt rules and so on......the world is a con now and we all have to try to make our way through all the bs the best we can....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

Greenland, Nuuk
South Africa
Thailand

I bet local alcohol bans are really the way to go. Solid to logic

Just now, J Town said:
1 minute ago, Susco said:

WOW, 6 hours only for 32 pages of pure desperation, paints a perfect picture of the average TV member

Your point, Capt Obvious?

Thanks for replying, I was a bit shy to name you specifically

• Like 1